Search for content in message boards

Birdsalls in New Jersey or New York

Birdsalls in New Jersey or New York

k1b1m1e1 (View posts)
Posted: 10 Jun 2007 1:47AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Birdsall
I am looking for information on any of the following Birdsalls. They lived in New Jersey but the census records say they were born in New York. They are siblings and I would really like info on their parents and birthplace.

Jordan born 1856
Hudson born 1858
Florence born 1861

Any info would be greatly appreciated.

Re: Birdsalls in New Jersey or New York

esseboo (View posts)
Posted: 30 Jul 2007 11:13PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Birdsall, Snedecker
I have found the following information in my Birdsall Family book:
Jordan (1856) m. Adelaide Curtis of Manasquan, N.J.
Their children: Fanny m. Charles Cook, Matilda, James, Vadin, and Erma.
Stephen Hudson 1858-1944 m. 1. Sarah Terill; 2. Lida Curtis, Manasquan, N.J.
Their children: Harold (1890) d. 1963, Mary "Mazie" m. Edwin Stark of North Carolina, Arthur m. Emily Couse of Asbury Park, N.J., Hudson, and Ida Elizabeth (1910) 38 Main St., Manasquan, N.J.
The three siblings you were asking about; their parents were William (1830) m. 1. ?; 2. Fanny Snedecker.

There is a notation in my book that says Fanny's father, Mr. Snedecker, practically raised his grandchildren, therefore this family is included in detail. Mr. Snedecker was a farmer in Westbury, Conn., a wealthy farmer. He spent $75,000 trying to build a trolley line from Amityville to Port Jefferson, Long Island. Three times he tried it but it was never completed.

If you need any more info or would like copies of the pages you can email me at esseboo@yahoo.com. Hope this helps.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com |  Privacy |  Terms and Conditions