Search for content in message boards

Jane Blair of Dresden, Maine

Jane Blair of Dresden, Maine

jeanmayo1053 (View posts)
Posted: 28 Jul 2008 1:06AM GMT
Classification: Query
I am searching for the parents and family origins of Jane Blair, who was born in Dresden, Maine, married Edmond Stewart of Gardiner, Maine, and who had son, Alonzo T. Stewart in the 1840's in Dresden, Maine. Any help at all would be very much appreciated.
Jean

Re: Jane Blair of Dresden, Maine

BlairME (View posts)
Posted: 21 Aug 2008 6:06PM GMT
Surnames: Blair
Hi Jean,

Jane was the daughter of Alexander Blair and Elizabeth Pollard. Alexander was born about 1774 to James and Jane Todd Blair who settled in the Woolwich area. Alexander is part of a very large family that lived in the general Bath, Maine area. Most Blairs in this area descended from James and Jane.

If you'd like more info, then contact me.

Regards,
Shawn Blair

jeanmayo1053 (View posts)
Posted: 21 Aug 2008 10:24PM GMT
Hi Shawn,
I would welcome any information that you would care to share with me. Thank you very much for your help! You can e-mail me at: jeanmayo1053@comcast.net .
Jean

shutrbuglin (View posts)
Posted: 23 Aug 2008 12:58AM GMT
Surnames: Blair
Do you know of any connection to Vermont Blairs? I believe they were in Barnet, Caledonia Co, VT.

Do you know where Alexander was born?

Thank you! Linda Wilson

sher_zimmer (View posts)
Posted: 9 Oct 2012 4:02PM GMT
Shawn, I am related to James Blair and Jane Todd. I would like more information. Would you let me know. I am from the part of the Blair family that moved to Gloucester,massachusetts, Wellington Blair and Susan Blatchford. I presently live in Colorado and have contacted the Clan Blair.Please email to me at sher_zimmer@yahoo.com We must be cousins

wtreblair (View posts)
Posted: 22 Mar 2013 3:45PM GMT
Jane Blair was born on Sep 11, 1810 to Alexander and Elizabeth Blair of Dresden ME. She married Edmund Stewart on Dec 28, 1827 in Dresden. They had 12 children, but my records do not show a Alonzo T. Stewart, born in the 1840s, Henry W. was born on Mar 1 1840. This information is taken from the book "The Descendants of James and Jane Todd Blair" by M. Gertrude Stackpole Moulton, a private "vanity press" book published in 1983. The information may also be available on ancestry.com.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com |  Privacy |  Terms and Conditions