Search for content in message boards

George WILLIAM Heatherly

George WILLIAM Heatherly

Azlivingdesert (View posts)
Posted: 2 Jul 2011 12:26AM GMT
Classification: Bible
Edited: 15 Feb 2012 4:20PM GMT
Surnames: Heatherly
George William Heatherly was my GG Grandfather. He was born in 1810 in North Carolina, and came to Douglas County, Missouri about 1836. He and his wife "Hester" raised a family of nine children. I have noticed that several of the Heatherly researchers have recorded his name as "George Washington Heatherly". This is not correct. His name was George William Heatherly. His oldest son, William Heatherly was named for him. My own Father, William Oscar Heatherly was named for his G Grandfather. One of my uncles has in his possession the old family Bible which belonged to Jacob Lewis Heatherly, the youngest son of George W. Heatherly. The name recorded in that Bible is: George William Heatherly. There was a George Washington Heatherly, born in 1843 and died in 1906 in Campbell County, Tennessee. He was a distant relative, but not to be confused with George William Heatherly, born in 1810 in North Carolina. Heatherly researchers, please correct your records. Clarence Heatherly

Re: George WILLIAM Heatherly

vkahlan3 (View posts)
Posted: 6 Aug 2011 1:47PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 15 Feb 2012 4:20PM GMT
Surnames: heatherly, calhoun, hatfield, hester
William Heatherly who married Mary Calhoun was the father of my great grandmother Hettie Caroline Heatherly who married William Hatfield, their daughter Malissa was my grandmother. William's parent's were George W and Mary Hester Heatherly

Azlivingdesert (View posts)
Posted: 7 Aug 2011 8:03PM GMT
Edited: 15 Feb 2012 4:21PM GMT
Surnames: heatherly, calhoun, wagner
I am very familiar with your Line. William Heatherly who married Mary Calhoun was the oldest son of George W. Heatherly and Hester. Their youngest son, Jacob Lewis Heatherly was my G Grandfather. Jacob Lewis Heatherly married Mary Ann Wagner. You mentioned the daughter of William Heatherly and Mary Calhoun, Caroline Hettie Heatherly. I think I have a photo of her. I noted that you referred to the wife of George W. Heatherly as "Mary Hester Heatherly". Do you have any information on her, especially her maiden name?

BlueTigerDancing (View posts)
Posted: 20 Dec 2011 12:21AM GMT
Edited: 15 Feb 2012 4:21PM GMT
Surnames: Heatherly, Lewis, learsay
Hi Clarence and Everyone,

Does anyone happen to know anything about the Jacob & Isaac Lewis families that were living next door to your Heatherly family in the 1850 Ozark census.

I've assumed Jacob Lewis Heatherly was named for this Jacob Lewis. Jacob Lewis came to Ozark/Douglas Counties from Greene County Indiana about 1848, and according to information written in the 1930s, he was from Greene County, Tennessee (abt 1800-1818), and VA & NC prior to that. His wife, Mary, was supposedly from a Virginia tribe; her maiden name is often given as "Learsay." There is no documentation that I know of. Here's a link to my Lewis pages: http://trees.ancestry.com/tree/12356576/person/-280377164

Thanks, Marilyn
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com |  Privacy |  Terms and Conditions