Search for content in message boards

Maniaci!!!

Maniaci!!!

Bobby Royer (View posts)
Posted: 17 Jan 2002 8:15PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Maniaci, Alvernia
Any who know has a maniaci in their ancestry, please contact me. :^)

Re: Maniaci!!!

sazzee48 (View posts)
Posted: 2 Mar 2002 2:08AM GMT
Bobby,

I'm a Maniaci from Piqua, OH.

klakring (View posts)
Posted: 3 Sep 2002 4:44PM GMT
Edited: 4 Dec 2006 4:07AM GMT
This Maniaci is from Long Island, NY and seeking others across the country. Let's get in touch.

Kristin Richey (View posts)
Posted: 10 Dec 2011 10:12PM GMT
Surnames: maniaci, curcuru
Looking for information on Rose Maniaci, who married Sal/Sam Curcuru. They had a son named Domenico Curcuru who came to the US in 1919. He listed a brother, Giuseppe Curcuru as already residing in St. Louis. I'm not sure if Giuseppe had the same mother or not.

I have been unable to find any information on the Maniaci line, but Domenico's death certificate lists them both as being from Cinisi, Palermo, Sicily, Italy.

Any information is greatly appreciate.

archives19 (View posts)
Posted: 12 Dec 2011 11:29PM GMT
I'm not sure if this would interest you, but the Missouri History Museum's Genealogy and Local History Index -- http://genealogy.mohistory.org/genealogy/ -- includes some references to a Joseph S. Curcuru.

Dennis Northcott
Missouri History Museum Library and Research Center

carajensen1 (View posts)
Posted: 13 Dec 2011 1:51PM GMT
Classification: Obituary
Could this be related? Perhaps your Dominico's daughter? Hope this is the right line! -- Cara

Rosalie M. Furfaro, nee Curcuru, 85, of Collinsville, Ill., born Jan. 9, 1925, in DuQuoin, Ill., died at 11:05 a.m. on Sunday, Aug. 1, 2010, at her residence.

Mrs. Furfaro was a member of Sts. Peter & Paul Catholic Church in Collinsville, Ill., a past president of the Ladies Auxiliary of the VFW Post 5691 in Collinsville, Ill., and a member of the American Legion in Collinsville, Ill. She was a wonderful wife, mother, grandmother and great-grandmother.

Rosalie was preceded in death by two sons, Dominic Furfaro and Angelo John Furfaro Jr.; her parents, Dominic and Martha, nee Indelicato, Curcuru; and two sisters, Catherine Justice and Dora Robinson.

Surviving are her husband, Angelo Furfaro Sr., whom she married on Aug. 5, 1945, in St. Louis, Mo.; children, Pasquale "Pat" (Barbara) Furfaro of Maryville, Ill., Salvatore "Sam" (Terri) Furfaro of Glen Carbon, Ill., Sarafina "Sarah" (Terry) Lanter of Caseyville, Ill., Martha "Marti" (Robert) Richter of St. Louis, Mo., Rosemary "Rosie" Furfaro of O'Fallon, Ill., Dominica "Nickie" (Duane) York of St. Jacob, Ill., and Mary Catherine Furfaro of St. Louis, Mo.; brother and sisters, Dominic (Dorothy) Curcuru of Washington, Mo., Dominica "Mimi" Fiorino of LaGrange, Ga., and Mary Russo of Ferguson, Mo.; 17 grandchildren; 8 great-grandchildren; and numerous nieces and nephews.

Memorials may be made in the form of Masses or to Unity Hospice.

Visitation: Friends may call from 4 to 8 p.m. on Tuesday, Aug. 3, 2010, and from 9:30 to 10:30 a.m. on Wednesday, Aug. 4, 2010, at Sts. Peter & Paul Catholic Church in Collinsville, Ill. A prayer service will be held at 4 p.m. Tuesday at the church.

Funeral: Services will be held at 10:30 a.m. on Wednesday, Aug. 4, 2010, at the church with Father John Beveridge officiating. Interment will be in Jefferson Barracks National Cemetery in St. Louis, Mo.

Kristin Richey (View posts)
Posted: 13 Dec 2011 1:59PM GMT
Yes! This is actually Rosalie, sister of Dora.

Thank you :)
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com |  Privacy |  Terms and Conditions