Search for content in message boards

Archuleta Family in Rio Arriba Cty

Pat Billing (View posts)
Posted: 20 Aug 2000 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Archuleta, Valdez, Romero
My Research is on the Archuleta Family, most of them born and raised in Los Ojos, New Mexico of Rio Arriba County.
My details are limited so I am hoping to find someone who can help me. What I think I know:
Rumaldo Archuleta & Anna Maria or Juana Maria (sisters) both married same man(not at same time, one died I believe, and the other sister then married Rumaldo) Their children were:Placido-born 1877,Fransisco-born 1878, Benigno-born 1883(never married), Margaret Archuleta & Celistina-both born sometime after 1883?
Placido married Luiza. Their children were:
Rumaldo-born 1916-1987 died. Federico-born 1903, Alcaria-born 1907, Piedad-born 1911, Antonia-born 1913, Ceia-born 1919.
Fransisco married Teresita Valdez, their children were:
Viviana-born 1910-1995 died. Pedro-born 1912 still alive, Manuel-born 1914-1997 died. Azusana-born 1919 still alive,
Louisa-born 1920, Euphelia-born 1920-1938?we think she died at 18?
My grand-mother was Viviana Archuleta and married Juan Bautista Romero of Los Brasos, New Mexico, Rio Arriba Cty.
I have more names of cousins who still live on the land my father and uncles were born and raised. I am having trouble with the earlier ancestors, aren't we all. :) anyway let's share info if we can. thanks so much, Pat

AlbertVidaurre (View posts)
Posted: 21 Aug 2000 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 4 Jul 2001 10:30PM GMT
Surnames: Archuleta
I am sending you some information direct E-Mail.

Archuleta

Marie (View posts)
Posted: 7 Feb 2001 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: Archuleta, Brito, Romero
Rio Arriba county NM 1929: Ecobastico Archuleta md Amanda Brito, daughter or Jose Miguel Antonio Brito and Maria Benina Romero. Amanda was born in Dixon (Embuda)

Re: Archuleta Family in Rio Arriba Cty

richardautry (View posts)
Posted: 27 Jul 2001 1:43AM GMT
Edited: 31 Dec 2002 9:30AM GMT
I have a Carfmela Archuleta-Trujillo-Felch who died in Española, RR, NM in Dec, 1928.Prior to that, I don't know how long she lived in Las Vegas, NM as the wife of Charles Felch, and in 1880 in Los Alamos as the wife of Francicsco Trujillo.

MWalker59 (View posts)
Posted: 22 Mar 2002 11:04PM GMT
Edited: 23 May 2002 8:34PM GMT
I have an aunt who passed away a few months back. She was from Las Tablas New Mexico, she was married to my uncle Juan Lovato. Her fathers name was Leocario Archuleta who married my grandmother Ursula Gutierrez when my grandfather Lovato died. My father's name was Elipio E. Lovato(Changed from Lobato)
My aunt's name was Elena Archuleta.

pat (View posts)
Posted: 6 Mar 2003 12:35AM GMT
Surnames: Archuleta
Still looking for Archuleta's in northern New Mexico area.
Rumaldo Archuleta with the Children: Frank (b1878 apprx.), Benigno (b.1877), Margarita (b.?), Celistina (b.?).

gabjes (View posts)
Posted: 4 Jan 2004 9:56PM GMT
My Grandfather was Rumaldo Archuleta son of Placido Both Died in Ogden, Ut. Is this the same Rumaldo and Placido that You are related to. Thankx

Couggirl67 (View posts)
Posted: 27 Apr 2011 6:04PM GMT
Surnames: Archuleta, Sachez
I have been researching Romualdo Archuleta for quite some time. I am very interested in your theory of two Sanchez sisters being married to him. My Grandpa gave me an old typed history of his Grandfather's (Jose Leon Archuleta)family. Has Rumaldo Archuleta and Ana Sanchez as Leon's parents with some siblings, all of which you have listed. I'd love to share this with you, and talk with you about some of the information you have found, compare it with what I have found. I have unfortunately lost Romualdo in the 1880 census.. have you found him during that time period? Wondering if there is some data in that census that goes with your theory of the two sisters. Please E-mail me back at Couggirl67@hotmail.com
Thank you, Kristina

larkin07m (View posts)
Posted: 6 Sep 2011 2:20AM GMT
My name is Felix Martinez, I have a lot of information on families in Los Ojos, Tierra Amarilla,Los Brazos etc.

I live in Alaska and visit Los Ojos at least once a year

fmart@gci.net

scaustyn23 (View posts)
Posted: 9 Feb 2013 6:39AM GMT
Francisco Archuleta is listed Parkview Marriage Register page 116.

No. 2. January 9, 1909. Francisco Archuleta from Lumberton, NM, baptized about 1880 in Park View, NM, son of Romauldo Archuleta and of Juana Maria Sanchez, deceased, with Teresa Valdez from Monero, NM, baptized about 1891 in El Rito, NM, daughter of Desiderio Valdez and of Victoria S. de Manzanares. Witnesses, Pablo Valdez and Maria Pilar de Valdez.

Celestina is listed on page 82

On the 1st of July of 1901, I married and veiled James Gibbs single, legitimate son of James Gibbs, deceased, and of Sarah Block, deceased, residents of Willow Creek with Celestina Archuleta single, legitimate daughter of Romualdo Archuleta and of Juana Maria Sanchez, deceased, residents of Park View. Witnesses Atilano Suaso and Octaviana Rodela.

Hope this helps
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com |  Privacy |  Terms and Conditions