Search for content in message boards

Melchoir Darr b.1721

Melchoir Darr b.1721

Jamie Ayres (View posts)
Posted: 6 Jan 1999 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: DARR, HILBERT, KURTZ
Seeking ancestors & descendents of:
Melchoir DARR (Dorr, Durr, Derr) b. 1721 in Europe(Germany); d. 10/10/1810 in Lynn Twp., Northampton Co., PA.; buried at Ebenezer Lutheran Church Cemetery. He married on 20 Nov.1745 Anna Barbara (KURTZ) HILBERT , dau. of George Adam Hilbert
(church records show her maiden name as KURTZ)

Children of Melchoir & Anna Barbara:
1.Margareth, b. 1747; m. George Frey
+2.John Henry,b. 2/16/1749; d. 1816; m.Catherine Eddinger
3.Anna Maria, b. 1750; m. Martin Probst/Brobst
+*4.Melchoir Jr., b.1752 NC; d. 1834; m. Elizabeth Frank
+5.George, b.1754; m. Christina _____
6.Catherina, b. 1760; m. Jacob Fetteroff
7.Barbara, b.1763; m. Daniel Shuman
8.son, killed by Indians.

(+*4. Melchoir = my line)

Any info/leads would be greatly appreciated!
Will share what I have thus far.
Thanks,
Jamie

William LOUCKS/Easton

LOzinga0743 (View posts)
Posted: 23 Jan 1999 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 20 Sep 2001 12:23AM GMT
Surnames: LOUCKS, HOY
I am looking for information on William Loucks, an American REvolutionary soldier that settled in Harris Twp, Gallia Co, Ohio. He applied for his pension there at the age of 82. His pension papers say He was born in Philadelphia about 1750. When he enlisted he was living about 1/2 mile from Easton, PA. He was apprenticed at age 21, in 1771 to Melchoir Hoy as a teamster. He had a witness who swore that they knew him there, and that he had just finished an apprenticship with Melchoir Hoy when he enlisted. He served in the Indian Wars, then re-enlisted under General Dark/Dart and served as a wagoneer until after the Battle of Germantown & Brandywine, which he was both involved in. His pension papers say his unit foraged, then crossed the Delaware at night with wagon wheels fixed so as to be noisless, and they met Washingtons troops at Morristown. These are only a few of the snippets from his pension papers. They gave him the pension and concluded he might be the son of Jacob Loucks who migrated to Bucks Co. Does anyone know who the parents of William Loucks might be? He married Margaret Liter and they had many kids including William Jr., Jacob, John, Catherine, Elizabeth, Mary,Sarah "Sally", and others. Thanks for anything you might know about his family prior to his enlistment in 1771 at age 21!

Melchoir Darr

Julie (View posts)
Posted: 4 Aug 2000 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: Darr
Jamie, I am also a descendant of Melchoir Darr, I have some information especially on the NC Davidson Co Darr's. I would love to share information with you. I am 9 generations from Melchoir Darr born in 1721. Look forward to hearing from you. Julie

Melchior Darr

Jamie (View posts)
Posted: 7 Aug 2000 12:00PM GMT
Just sent a message to your email address to discuss the Darr family from Northampton and Rowan/Davidson Co., NC.
Can't wait to share info!
Jamie

Isaac & Mary Darr

StephanieDarr99 (View posts)
Posted: 27 Mar 2001 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 22 Jan 2004 8:56PM GMT
Hi. I was wondering if you have any mention of an Isaac Darr (b. 1814). He married Mary (b. 1817). They're my ggg grand parents and I know they were born married and had their 1st 7 children somewhere in PA before moving to OH and settling in IN. If he's part of your Darr family I would love to share info. Thanks,
Stephanie

DARR / DERR

Polly A. Laubach-Eckrote (View posts)
Posted: 8 Apr 2001 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: Darr, Derr
This isn't my line, but just out of curiousity . . . is DARR the same name as DERR? There is a DERR Cemetery here in Columbia County, PA, and they tie into my HESS line (although not directly to me).

Re: Melchior Darr

JanieHammonds91 (View posts)
Posted: 19 Jul 2002 4:29AM GMT
Edited: 29 Aug 2002 7:46PM GMT
Surnames: Darr/Young
Walter Levi Darr was my father. He is the son of William Levi Darr and Bessie Phillip Young.

Jamie please E-mail me!

janie Hammonds

Re: Melchoir Darr b.1721

Merle Loomis (View posts)
Posted: 31 Jul 2002 5:51AM GMT
Help! I know this isn't my direct line but I also have family members buried in the same place. I'm looking for info. on the Darr family of Loudoun Co. VA and the surrounding areas. My grandfather was George Wilson Darr and his father Ephriam Darr and his father Stewart Darr.
Thanks for any help. Merle

Re: Melchoir Darr

ghleach (View posts)
Posted: 16 Oct 2005 11:01AM GMT
Surnames: Darr Dorr Hilbert Kurtz Frank
Looking for information on Melchoir Darr and family. I've tried the email addresses listed for several of the people who posted information, but they're no longer valid. I would appreciate any information anyone could share, and will gladly do the same. Thanks.

Re: Melchoir Darr

Jamie Ayres (View posts)
Posted: 17 Oct 2005 3:21AM GMT
Surnames: Darr, Kurtz, Frank, Byerly, Ervin, Moyers, Hobson, Rush
Gale,
I'll help where I can.
Email me direct or post here & I will get back to you!

My line includes:
Melchoir & Anna Barbara Kurtz HilbertDarr
Melchoir & Elizabeth Frank Darr
Henry & Catherine Byerly Darr
John & Angelina Ervin/Irwin Darr
Henry Levi & Sarah Ann Moyers Darr
James & Lula Hobson Darr
Chalmer & Jessie Estelle Rush Darr
Judy Darr & James L Smith
Jamie Smith Ayres

Hope we can help each other out!
Jamie