Search for content in message boards

Looking for family

Looking for family

kerr4818 (View posts)
Posted: 5 Sep 2011 11:45PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Kerr
I was a foster child back in Toronto, I was born October 17th 1959. Grace Graham was my foster mom and lived in Cabbage Town at the time.
My father's name is either John Keith Kerr or Keith John Kerr, I met him 3 times in my life the last when he was in a coma and later died I believe it was in 1981.
I have no idea what my mother's name is only that she might be French Canadian. I stayed with her one Christmas when I was maybe 4 or 5 years old.

I had heard that I have sisters and a brother and other than that I know nothing of my family.

If I do have any family out there I'd like to hear back from you if for no other reason then knowing my heritage.

thank you for taking the time to read this and I hope to hear from someone soon.

Re: Looking for family

bbffrrpp (View posts)
Posted: 6 Sep 2011 9:50AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Kerr
Hello,

The 1950's is a tough decade to research family. The 1940's almost as bad. In the USA, you can find information from the 1930 census, but I don't know about Canada. I'm guessing 1921 is the latest there.

What I can mention is that there "many" KERR families arriving in Canada during the 1800's, so there were hundreds of KERR's in Canada after 1900. And probably many more KERR's arriving in early 1900's. And they would have spread out across all the Provinces.

My KERR ancestors arrived in Canada in 1820's and settled in the Province of Quebec. There were 5 couples, either KERR or HENDERSON, and they all had many children.

Have you posted your query on the Message Boards and Mailing Lists for the Province of Ontario? And have you searched the archives of the Ontario Lists and Boards for mention of your John Keith KERR?

You didn't give a guess as to when he was born, but, if it was between 1900 and 1920's, you might be able to find his parents in the 1911 Canadian census.

You could also put his name into a search at www.familysearch.org and see if anything comes up.

Betty (near Lowell, MA, USA)

(on Lists for 10 yrs.; now an Admin for 9 Lists,
including CAN-USA-Migration and LAURENTIDES (for the Laurentian Mountains in Canada) )

per page

Find a board about a specific topic

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com |  Privacy |  Terms and Conditions