Search for content in message boards

Iowa Rudds

Iowa Rudds

James Rudd (View posts)
Posted: 17 May 2001 6:39AM GMT
If anyone is interested in Rudds from southern Iowa "Lee County", I have information going back to my great-great-great grandfather John Rudd who was born in Tennessee in 1811. I only have his mother's first, which is Kathrine. She was born in North Carolina in 1790. I have no informatin on John Rudd's father.

Rudds in Iowa

Margaret Jamison (View posts)
Posted: 27 May 2001 3:47PM GMT
My gradmother is Mildred Grace Rudd. Her father was Oliver Rudd. Her grandfather was John Rudd spouse Ann Charolette Hood. Please email if this matches.

John Rudd

Jim Rudd (View posts)
Posted: 31 May 2001 6:02AM GMT
This does match the information that I have. The John Rudd you are talking about is my Great Great Great Grandfather, his wife was name Charlotte Hood.

Rudd Cemetery in Iowa

Margaret Jamison (View posts)
Posted: 7 Jun 2001 11:03PM GMT
Do you have any information on the Rudd
cemetery. Also would like to know more about
the Rudd History and any pictures you have.
I have a Historical Book of Garfield county
that has an article about Oliver Rudd sp Mary Ellen Rudd and there family I could share. Please email me.
Margaret

Rudd cemetary

Jim Rudd (View posts)
Posted: 14 Jun 2001 3:58AM GMT
The Rudds cemetary is on top of a hill in southeast Iowa, the town where it is at was called Viele, Iowa (Lee County). The Cemetary has another name called Half-breed Tract. The Evening Democate, the local paper of Fort Madison, Iowa had an article about the cemetary several, several years ago. I do believe that Oliver Rudd's mother is buried there, she is my great-great-great-great grandmother. Let me know if this helps and if I could be of any more assistance.

Re: Iowa Rudds

starzingers (View posts)
Posted: 4 Sep 2001 3:58PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 22 May 2003 11:52PM GMT
i saw that you mentioned ann charlotte hood + john rudd. i'm tracing the hood and copeland families of gallatin and white counties, illinois. do you know anything about ann charlotte's family?
thanks-
tanya

snowride1 (View posts)
Posted: 11 Sep 2001 2:53PM GMT
I am also researching the Rudds who are out of Iowa. I am a descendant of Effie Jane Rudd. I don't know who her parents were. She was born in 1865 in Dow City, Crawford, Iowa. She married a man named Simon Peter Fewins in 1886. Do either of you have any information on this particular family of Rudd's?? Thanks!

Debbie Miller (View posts)
Posted: 3 Apr 2003 5:13AM GMT
Do you have a Frank Rudd that married a Mattie Rupe on Feb.7,1904 in Van Buren County

Re: Rudds in Iowa

Bill Fitch (View posts)
Posted: 9 Jun 2003 10:03PM GMT
Surnames: Rudd
Hi I was reading your post and was wondering if the Oliver Rudd you are talking about lived in Oklahoma, My Great grandfathers name was Oliver Rudd and his wife was Frances Parsons they came to Oklahoma in the land run from Neberaska. He was originally from Iowa. Acouple of my cousins have visited the Rudd Cementary there. I am doing a little research on the family as my Grandmother was Christina Rudd Felber. I have very little information on the family other than her and her brothers and sisters birth dates.
Thanks
Bill Fitch

D_Wescoatt (View posts)
Posted: 14 Aug 2003 7:45AM GMT
i was wondering if you have found out who Effie Jane Rudd's parents are?
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com |  Privacy |  Terms and Conditions