Search for content in message boards

Adey family - Australia

Adey family - Australia

Carlien Melrose (View posts)
Posted: 24 Apr 2000 3:08AM GMT
Am looking for info on the descendants of William James and Constance Margaret ADEY.
Both born in South Australia C1890.
Constance (nee Weidenhofer)

Re: Adey family - Australia

dickadey (View posts)
Posted: 28 Nov 2011 7:36AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: adey
hi carlien, i am a direct decendant of WJ and Constance adey

patmilnes (View posts)
Posted: 30 Apr 2012 12:00AM GMT
Am trying to find burial location of Constance Margaret Adey and also her mother,Emma Letitia Weston/Weidenhofer.

dickadey (View posts)
Posted: 30 Apr 2012 6:27AM GMT
Hi Pat Milnes - I am a direct descendant of Emma and Constance (Con)- Con was cremated and her ashes scattered at an undisclosed location (her request) at the Centenial Park Cemetery @ the Adelaide suburb of Pasedena, South Australia. Unfortunately we were unable to attend her funeral as we were living in Darwin. Emma was buried alongside her husband and son in the family grave at North Road Cemetery, Nailsworth, Adelaide. I have photos of this grave which is still very well maintained. If you want I can email some to you via reply email. If there is anything else just contact me Rgds Dick

patriciafletcher48 (View posts)
Posted: 30 Apr 2012 8:04AM GMT
Thank you for your reply - it has answered my queries. I live in Adelaide and can visit North Road Cemetery to have a look at the headstone. I am researching the family of EDWARDS, Emma Letitia's.

dickadey (View posts)
Posted: 1 May 2012 1:02AM GMT
Hi Patricia, I have also been trying to source Emma's family tree - have found her parents were Arthur Edwards and Emily Marrabel and that Arthur's father was John Edwards but that is as far as I have managed to find on the Edwards.

Have also found Emily's father was John Marrabel but got no further. I remember Con saying that we had a family connection to the Marrabels and the Marrabel Rodeo.

Have you got any additional info that you would be able to pass on to me.

Thanks Dick ADEY

patmilnes (View posts)
Posted: 1 May 2012 1:20AM GMT
Could you please send me your email address to me at home - phfletcher@adam.com.au
and I will gladly forward some information.

dickadey (View posts)
Posted: 1 May 2012 6:26AM GMT
Hi Patricia, will get an email off to you now - look forward to hearing from you - many thanks - Dick Adey

janemckeown1967 (View posts)
Posted: 22 May 2012 11:42AM GMT
Hi Dick,

I am the great great great grand daughter of John Edward Marrabel & Mary Dellow , who in my understanding is Emilys Mother & Father, It is my under standing that Emily had a brother also named John Edward Marrabel, who left SA and settled in Victoria (1880's?)He married Jane Grant and had 7 Children of which 3 died in infantcy, they had a son also named John Edward Marrabel and in turn he had a son (my Grandfather) also John Edward Marrabel. I am curious to know more about the Marrabels of SA in particular John & Mary, as the records I have stop at them and don't even mention Emily. I hope this information is of some use to you.

Regards

Jane McKeown

dickadey (View posts)
Posted: 23 May 2012 5:49AM GMT
Hi Jane, I have also hit a brick wall on this, in fact I wasn't even able to find Mary's maiden name until your correspondence arrived, nor was I aware that she had a brother. living in Qld it is difficult to do research that obviously requires face to face contact. I still go back to it and will try to gleen more info next time we are in Adelaide.
Meanwhile if you have any success in extending the Marrabel line further back please let me know
Regards Dick ADEY
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com |  Privacy |  Terms and Conditions