Search for content in message boards

Johann Valentine Horn

Johann Valentine Horn

DanaKnott (View posts)
Posted: 3 Mar 2009 5:40PM GMT
Classification: Query
Does anyone have any sources on Johann Valentine Horn serving in the Revolutionary War?

Re: Johann Valentine Horn

Ellie38nana (View posts)
Posted: 5 Dec 2009 5:37AM GMT
Surnames: HORN - BOWMAN - SWANGER
No, but I have a record of him signing an oath of allegiance while living in Maryland. I can send a copy if you wish.

We know he lived in Maryland for a while, as that is where his daughter, Susannah Margaret Horn married Daniel Bowman, Sr. Daniel is also on the list of the Oath of Allegiance.

Daniel's granddaughter, Mary Amanda Bowman m. David F. Swanger, Sr. They were my husband's great grandparents.

Ellie Stites Swanger

LolaRobertson (View posts)
Posted: 13 Mar 2010 2:39AM GMT
Surnames: Horn
Ellie:

Noticed you have a copy of Valentine Horn's Oath of Allegiance. Would you be willing to send me a copy as I am still trying to verify Valentine's participation in the Revolutionary War. Thanks.

Lola Robertson

EllieStites (View posts)
Posted: 13 Mar 2010 6:07AM GMT
Surnames: HORN, BOWMAN
I do have the Oath of Allegiance that Valentine signed in Maryland. His daughter Susannah m. Daniel Bowman, Sr. in MD, so it shouldn't be hard to prove his whereabouts at that time. He later moved back to PA, then to Belmont, OH where he died.

After he moved to OH, there is more info on him. He mentions daughter Susannah who m. Daniel Bowman and now lives in TN. Valentine was my husband's 4th great grandfather.

My daughter plans to submit a DAR supplemental application on Valentine. She already has a supplemental on Daniel & Susannah.

Please email me privately at: Ellie3518@gmail.com as I am preparing in a few days to leave AOL completely.

Ellie S.

EllieStites (View posts)
Posted: 20 Mar 2010 8:28PM GMT
Surnames: HORN
Lola and Gary:
Your copies of the OATH OF ALLEGIANCE are on the way, mailed yesterday (Fri). I haven't found the court record yet.

Ellie Swanger

EllieStites (View posts)
Posted: 20 Mar 2010 8:33PM GMT
"DanaKnott"
If you are wanting info on Valentin Horn being in the service, his Oath of Allegiance qualifies him as a Rev War Patriot. I have the book with that info. Would that work for you?

Ellie Swanger

EllieStites (View posts)
Posted: 20 Mar 2010 8:33PM GMT
"DanaKnott"
If you are wanting info on Valentin Horn being in the service, his Oath of Allegiance qualifies him as a Rev War Patriot. I have the book with that info. Would that work for you?

Ellie Swanger

KimberleyHornFram (View posts)
Posted: 3 Apr 2010 9:33AM GMT
I have no proof as of yet and God knows I have searched the world over for the past 10 yeras BUT- I believe Johann is the father to my Jacob Horn Sr. Born 1768 in Washington County MD, died Abt 1855 in Bledsoe County TN.

Both Susanna (Johann's daughter) and Jacob were born in MD about the same time, married "Bowman's" (Daniel married Susannah Horn and Daniel was the brother to John Bowman- who was the father of Jacob Horn's wife Ruamy Bowman) and moved to TN about the same time. Both were of German decent.

If ANY one has ANY link or information about Johann and Jacob possibly being related- PLEASE contact me at KimberleyDHorn@AOL.com I would SO appreciate it.

Please enjoy the Horn Family Bible at

http://thehornfamily.tribalpages.com/tribe/browse?userid=the...
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com |  Privacy |  Terms and Conditions