Search for content in message boards

Nathan Mattox

Nathan Mattox

Skipper777 (View posts)
Posted: 28 Nov 2001 2:15AM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 20 Oct 2004 3:47PM GMT
Surnames: Mattox, Dunnings, Dent
It appears I am an African Amerian desendent of Nathan Mattox (White). It goes as follows: Nathans' son Gabriel, Gabriel's son, Samuel Gabriel, his concubine slave Ann, their son Charles, Charles and Ann Dunnings son Taylor, Taylors' son Taylor and than there was me. It is said that Samuel Gabriel was legally married to Sally Dent but had children by my ancester Ann a slave living next door. Now, I really hope no one is in shock because we know these things did happen. Please be conciderate if you have information, I hold no grudge regarding the past, I just want to trace my family
Please contact me at cassy@core.co,

Re: Nathan Mattox

Dena Denise Rush (View posts)
Posted: 13 Mar 2002 5:40PM GMT
Edited: 20 Oct 2004 3:48PM GMT
Surnames: Mattox
There is absolutely no reason for anyone to hold a grudge. And if they do, shame on them. I have known since I was a child that there were Black Mattox's in our family. And I am personally very excited to make the connection. Heck, I do not care if I my family was hatched! I just want to know the details. I also suspect Native American blood, although I am not sure from where. I know that my father LOOKED so Indian, although this is no proof of anything, I realize. But the name Mattox is Welsh, from "Madog", & thinking about the Welsh-Indian connection I should not be surprised.

cassy57 (View posts)
Posted: 14 Mar 2002 1:34AM GMT
Edited: 20 Oct 2004 3:47PM GMT
I am so proud of my family, be it African American or Caucausion. You all are to good to be real. Here is my line in a nut shell. One of Micheal Mattox children was Nathan Mattox (siblings John, Wilson, Michael and David) Nathan's children=Samuel V.,Michae Margaret, Rebecca, Sarah, David, John, Wesley,Wilson, Nathan, Volney, Samuel, Henry, Daniel and William Samuel V. Mattox. Son of Samuel V. is Samuel Gabriel. He hand chidren by his slave, Ann. they were Delia, Milly/Millie, Virgin/Virginia and Charles my great grandfather, and Victoria. Samuel's Causcasion wife was name Sarah " Sally" Dent, and they had the following children:William, Mary Jane, Sadie, Edwin, Pleasant, Permelia, William, John Tracey and David.

Karen (View posts)
Posted: 13 Oct 2005 4:28AM GMT
Surnames: Mattox, Maddox, Maddock
All this makes genealogy interesting. Do you have Nathan Mattox/Maddox wife's name? Did Nathan have a son Joseph b. 1720? I have mullatoes in my family. Would like to find out if they are part African American or Native American or both.

68smith (View posts)
Posted: 14 Oct 2007 8:34PM GMT
Hello,

Some people in your line married into my line. There was a Sallie O Mattox who married Edmund King Edwards. Sallie was the daughter of Charles Mattox & Lucy Dunnings. Charles was the son of Ann & a white Mattox that my cousin calls "Tip." Edmund was my g-g uncle. Two of his sons are still alive. The are in there late 90s but there mind is still sharp. I also have a picture of twin Mattox boys named Charles & Curtis. The picture was taken in Mayberry, WV around 1930. I don't know why my grandparents had this picture. I don't know if the boys are related to me or not.
Attachments:

EdwardsGloria39 (View posts)
Posted: 7 May 2010 1:27AM GMT
Surnames: Edwards, Mattox, Dunnings, Frye
Hi Nathan: I am Gloria Marie Edwards, the granddaughter of Sallie Mattox and Edmund King Edwards. I would very much like to learn more about our family tree. I am just beginning work on the Family Tree and would appreciate any help you may offer. I will try to find the family of the twin boys. I know there are a lot of twins in the mattox family who are my cousins. They are the sons and daughter of Boyd Mattox and Frances Mack. Stay in touch!, Love, Gloria (glofremar@aol.com).

lolene133 (View posts)
Posted: 19 May 2010 3:12PM GMT
To learn more about the Mattox family including Nathan's family, go to familytreedna.com. There are many family trees with some excellent research on the website. It will take a bit of learning how to use the results page, but once you get to that page, click on the kit number and see the information posted there. Try both spellings of the name since I can't remember which is the most used. I'm descended from Nathan's daughter Peggy. Oh, when you use the information there, please be honest and give credit as to where you found it. Someday you might need to find it again or even tell someone else where to find it. Sharing is fun.

Lolene

lolene133 (View posts)
Posted: 19 May 2010 6:35PM GMT
I cannot speak to all of the names listed in this post, but I do know that Nathan does not have a Samuel in his family. His daughter Sarah's will in Callaway County, MO lists all her brothers and sisters. She lists those no longer living and living,and there is no Samuel.

Lolene

Cassandra488 (View posts)
Posted: 11 Mar 2011 3:30PM GMT
Edited: 11 Mar 2011 3:41PM GMT
Hi Gloria, Sally Mattox is my grandfather's sister. I have just finished publishing the "Mattox" family tree book which I update about every 2 years. I also have a website on face book for the Mattox Family Group which has photos of current and archive Mattox Family members and we also post upcoming family reunions and information. Please contact me as soon as possible so that I can get you this information. Hopefully you can offer information to be included in the next updated family tree book. Thank you and God Bless. My email address is C_Skipper@msn.com (FYI-I already have you and your sibling included in the family tree book)
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com |  Privacy |  Terms and Conditions