Search for content in message boards

Birch - Firstbrook and Birch - Shropshire connections

Birch - Firstbrook and Birch - Shropshire connections

Doug Firstbrook (View posts)
Posted: 18 Apr 2004 8:21AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Firstbrook and Birch
John Birch who witnessed John Mucklestone Firstbrook's will at St. Erth in Cornwall 1813 was I think his brother-in-law having married his sister Hannah at Kinver Staffs16 Feb 1770.
There are two recorded a Baptisms of Richard Firstbrook Birch, 13 March 1825 and 7 August 1854 both in St. Erth.
I have evidence that John Birch and John Firstbrook were iron founders recruited from the "Black Country" of the English midlands to start a foundry in Cornwall. Part of Shropshire makes up the Black Country together with part of Worcestershire and Staffs.
Doug

Re: Birch - Firstbrook and Birch - Shropshire connections

esthereagle38 (View posts)
Posted: 11 Sep 2006 9:10PM GMT
Edited: 2 Dec 2006 6:41AM GMT
Surnames: Birch
I don't know if you still check this site it is now 2006, but I have an interest in Richard Firstbrook BIRCH Jnr. I agree his father had the same name & the other info re his fathers parents etc. Richard Jnr was born 12/07/1853 in St Erth & married my great aunt Jane Bawden, this is where my interest comes in. They married 3/07/1877 & in 1881 census were living in 30 Trebartha Pl St Erth. They went to NY for 3mths in 1884 & then when the 1891 census comes round Richard has died & Jane & family are living with her parents Josiah & Prudence Bawden at 33 Trebartha Pl & I have not been able to find any record of his death. Found his fathers but not his. Do you have any further info?
Esther

birch138 (View posts)
Posted: 3 Oct 2008 10:48AM GMT
Richard Firstbrook Birch baptised in St Erth, Cornwall England on 13 March 1825 was the older brother to my ancestor John Hampton Birch baptised 17 February 1728 in St Erth. I would like to communicate with Esther Eagle or anyone else with this connection.

Richard Birch

Posted: 4 Oct 2008 3:46AM GMT
I have just read your posting. I have not been able to find any further information on Richard Jnr than that which I put in the posting in 2006. But I'm always interested in what others have been able to find.
Esther Eagle

birch138 (View posts)
Posted: 4 Oct 2008 10:21AM GMT
Without going back through older papers, I haven't recalled anything more to do with the death of Richard Firstbrook Birch jnr, but do agree with your information regarding his widow Jane Birch and her children (Ellen and Thomas) with Josiah and Prudence Bawden in 1991 UK Census. The address seems to be 30 Trebartha Place, rather than 33(for what that is worth). If I come across any further information, I will let you know. I have identified most (if not all) of our related St Erth Birch people.

I wondered if you might have anything more on the older Richard Firstbrook Birch's grandparents (John Birch and Hannah Fosbrook). They seem to have come from Staffordshire (married in Kinver in 1770) but I am struggling with their birth and family details and some wider family details.

Have you anything that might help?

Richard Birch

Posted: 4 Oct 2008 9:33PM GMT
No sorry I have no info regarding RICHARD Snr's parents. I have all details re Richard Jnrs family & therefore my family line. (except for his DOD) Yes the Treabartha Pl number changes between census records. I went to St Erth last year & found 30 Trebartha Plc but 33 was not that easily indentified.
I'm happy to give you my email address if you want to communicate directly.

Esther Eagle

rosemerton18 (View posts)
Posted: 30 Nov 2010 10:26PM GMT
Surnames: Firstbrook
Have just found this message board. John Mucklestone Firstbrook, b. 1766 was Hannah's grandfather and my husband's direct ancestor. Have been trying for some time to trace his date/place of birth and his parents. Can anyone help?
Ros Emerton

edwardjbirch1 (View posts)
Posted: 12 Jan 2011 9:19AM GMT
Surnames: Birch Fosbrook Mucklestone
Hi Ros
John M Firstbrook changed his name from Fosbrook. He was brother to Hannah mentioned in posts above. She married John Birch (my 3xGreat-Grandparents) in 1770. According to Doug above, all three came to St Erth from around Kinver where Hannah (b 1747) and John (1764 - 1813) were born. Parents were Joseph and Margaret (born Mucklestone). More info available (unsure of accuracy) through the web. Search on parents names for "Dave's Family Tree".
Cheers
John Birch (New Zealand)

KristineBavage (View posts)
Posted: 23 Jan 2011 3:41AM GMT
Surnames: Berryman-Birch-Firstbrook
My Gt Gt Grandparents were Andrew Berryman and Jane Birch and I believe Jane Birch's parents may have been John Birch and Elizabeth Hampton.
John Birch may have been the son of John Birch and Hannah Firstbrook.
My Berryman/Birch ancestors lived in St Erth.
I would be grateful for any information.

Kristine Bavage nee Berriman

HFosbrook (View posts)
Posted: 6 Mar 2011 8:02PM GMT
Kristine.
Found a marriage for an Andrew Berryman and Jane Birch at St. Erth on 16 April 1854. Jane's father was Joseph Birch, not John. Andrew's father was Andrew. Witnesses Elizabeth Birch and Elizabeth Birch. John Birch and Elizabeth Hampton's daughter Jane was on 1861 and 1851 Census with her mother. Jane possibly died aged 37rs at St. Erth on 23.4.1868 as she was on 1861 and 1851 Census with her mother. As she was on 1861 Census with her mother and single she cannot be your Jane Birch.

Hopes this helps
Helen
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com |  Privacy |  Terms and Conditions