Search for content in message boards

BOSWELL descendants

BOSWELL descendants

Dixie (View posts)
Posted: 19 Mar 2000 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: BOSWELL, LYNCH
seeking information on the James Martin Boswell family living in Gordon county before the civil war. Jame Martin was my gt-gt-grandfather.
Would like to complete my group sheet on all of his and Jane Elizabeth Lynch Boswells childen.
Have some information I can share in return. Thanks in advance for any responses.
Dixie

James Martin Boswell

Tanna Boswell Lee (View posts)
Posted: 26 May 2000 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: Boswell
It is the same James Martin. James' father Richard Jackson is the brother to my GGGG Grandfather William Bentley. The only info I had on James Martin was his birthdate. I would love any info you may have. Tanna

JAMES MARTIN BOSWELL

Dixie (View posts)
Surnames: BOSWELL, LYNCH
My James Martin Boswell was born 28 January 1829 in DeKalb county, Ga. Was son of Richard Jackson Boswell and Rhoda Z. Martin.
James maried Jane Elizabeth Lynch in Cartersville, Cass county (now known as Bartow county), Ga. om 19 October 1848
They had 13 children I know of, and maybe a 14th.
woould like to hear from you if you find we have a link here.

Dixie

James Martin Boswell

Tanna (View posts)
Dixie, what is the birthdate of your James Martin? I have a James Martin in my line, but no other info, other than his parents, etc... Tanna

James Martin Boswell

Dixie (View posts)
Posted: 1 Jul 2000 12:00PM GMT
Sorry to not have gotten back to you long before now, but my computer crashed on the 27th of May, and I just got it back from service center today and am just getting back on line. I know you must be furious with me by now, but I do have stuff to share and will do so within a few days. But granted the length of time I have ben down, need to see whats what first.Sorry once again.

James Martin Boswell

Tanna Lee (View posts)
Posted: 2 Jul 2000 12:00PM GMT
Dixie, don't worry about it, I understand. I will wait patiently until you can get get to me. Thanks agin - Tanna

Boswell's

Dixie (View posts)
Posted: 4 Sep 2000 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: Boswell, Miller
Off the top of my head, I do not recognize either Myrtle or Henry. But give me a little time, and I will look through my files and see if I come up with anything.
Dixie

Boswell Family

Charles Smith (View posts)
Posted: 4 Sep 2000 12:00PM GMT
I'm related to two Boswells; Henry D. Boswell, born 1877 and married in Gordon County, Georgia about 1908 to Cora L. Miller, daughter of William Jesse Miller and Lena Hester.

The second was Myrtle Boswell, born 1891, married in 1912 in Floyd County, Georgia to Harvey L. Miller, son of William Jesse Miller and Lena Hester.

I don't know who the parents of Henry and Myrtle were. These Boswells and Millers were from the Gordon County, Georgia area. If these names are familiar, please contact me at bagpiper@bellsouth.net.

Boswell/Miller Familys

Charles Smith (View posts)
Posted: 5 Sep 2000 12:00PM GMT
Thanks for your response. It's quite possible that the Henry and Myrtle Boswell were NOT siblings. This was a working assumption since they married Miller siblings. These Boswell connections came to me from William Starr Miller. I also show, from the 1910 Gordon County, Georgia census, that this Henry was born 12 Aug., 1877, in Mississippi. I show Myrtle was born 6 Jul., 1891, in Georgia. I don't have a cemetery place for Henry's family, but I show Myrtle's family as Salmon Cemetery. Anything else on this end I can send? You are most welcome to send by my email address: bagpiper@bellsouth.net.

Boswell

Dixie (View posts)
Posted: 5 Sep 2000 12:00PM GMT
I have looked through all the Boswell files I have.I came up with 3 Henrys and 2 Myrtles, but none that were siblings.
I have ancestors who were Boswells born in franklinm, DeKalb, and Gordon counties.
My gt-gt-grandfther, James Mmartin Boswell, was born in Gordon county in 1829. His siblings were born in the above mentioned counties. they were children of Richard Jackson Boswell and Rhoda Z. (Zeigler??) Martin.
Ten of their children were born in Ga, and then c 1869 they went to Texas where the last 4 were born.
Most of my family group sheets are not completely filled out, so its possible I may have useful information and yet not know it. Sorry.
Have you checked out the John Boswell family living in Coweta county, Ga?? I have a little info on them, but again the sheets are not complete. Keep in touch, we most likely have a connection here, just need to find it. If you had any other clues on which I coould work, woould be glad to search again.

per page

Find a board about a specific topic

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com |  Privacy |  Terms and Conditions