Search for content in message boards

WARD

WARD

Tom Ward (View posts)
Posted: 18 Jan 1999 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: WARD, FLOOD, McGROARTY, CARR, DOCHERTY
Hi,

I am looking for the following surnames in SW County Donegal, Parishes of Inver and Killaghtee, and townlands of Frosses, Bruckless and Dunkineely: WARD, FLOOD, McGROARTY and CARR. Also DOCHERTY from Letterkenny. Thanks.

WARDS

Nancy Stalker (View posts)
Posted: 17 May 1999 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 26 Oct 2006 7:19PM GMT
Surnames: WARD, ROGERS
JAMES WARD B. 1672 INISHOWEN PENINSULA, DONEGAL, D. 1759 IN
GREENVILLE, AUGUSTA CO. VA. M. SARAH ROGERS IN DONEGAL.
CHILDREN; WILLIAM B. 1701, JAMES B. 1700, JOHN B. 1704
ARRIVED IN AMERICA ABT. 1730
ANY INFO APPRECIATED
NANCY

Wards of Inishowen Peninsula

nancy_stalker (View posts)
Posted: 17 Aug 1999 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 29 Jul 2001 8:29PM GMT
Surnames: ward, rogers
Looking for James Ward b. abt 1672, m. Sarah Rogers. James and Sarah arrived from Ireland in Philidelphia abt. 1730.
They went to Southwest Virginia abt. 1740.
I only have 3 sons, James b. abt 1700, William b. 1701 and John b. 1704 in Inishowen Peninsula.
Any help appreciated.
Nancy

McGroarty Montgomery

Donna_Wolf82 (View posts)
Posted: 9 Feb 2000 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 13 Feb 2006 11:50PM GMT
Surnames: McGroarty, Montgomery, Meehan
Looking for info in County Donegal Ireland on the family
of Cornelius Neal McGroarty married to Ann (Nancy)
Montgomery, with children Hugh, Catherine, John, Patric and Neal who went to Pennsyvania and Ohio in the U.S.
After Cornelius died Ann (Nancy) married Hugh Meehan (Meighan) and had 6 children (in Ireland as far as
is known.

JAMES WARD--Was he Jewish?

Tyndale17 (View posts)
Posted: 19 Sep 2000 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 22 Jun 2001 1:04AM GMT
Surnames: WARD

My 7th great-grandpa was James Ward of County Donegal, Ireland. He was born there in 1672, and died in Augusta County, VA in 1758. I have a picture of his great-great-great grandson, who is my great-great grandpa, Francis Marion Ward. I always thought he looked Jewish and I recently found out that some of the Ward from Ireland were Jewish. My 3rd great-grandpa was named Hezekiah and his father was named Solomon, which doesn't mean they were Jewish but always intrigued me. I would really like to know if they were Jewish or not, and if anyone has any info about them, no matter what it is, I would appreciate knowing. Any help at all will be glady appreciated. Thanks!

Susie Slaughter-Russell

JOHN WARD

calichm (View posts)
Posted: 16 Dec 2000 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 10 Sep 2001 10:10PM GMT
Surnames: WARD, MULLIGAN, BURNS
John Ward married Catherine MULLIGAN - they had a son John born around 1844. All were from Ireland, but I don't know where. The younger John married Mary BURNS of Scotland and came to Massachusetts probably around 1875. They had 4 children that I know of: John, Agnes, Charles & Mary.
Any connections? Thanks.

Ward's

Terri Baynum (View posts)
Posted: 2 Jun 2001 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: Ward, Wells
Hi Susie,
James Ward of County Donegal, Ireland is also my 7th great-grandfather. I don't know if they were Jewish or not. I was always told that they were part Indian, but I have found no proof, just stories.

I like your web site. Good job!

Terri Baynum

Wards

Tyndale17 (View posts)
Posted: 3 Jun 2001 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 22 Jun 2001 1:04AM GMT
Surnames: Ward, Poplin, Triplett

Hi Terri!

Thanks for the compliment. I'm glad you like my site. I now believe the Ward's were Protestant, not Jewish. Also, Mary Elizabeth Ward, my great-grandmother, was part Cherokee. Her grandmother was a full-blooded Cherokee Indian, so there is your Indian connection. There is a photo on my site of Mary's mother and you can tell she is Indian. Hope this helps you. This makes us cousins, doesn't it? :) Glad to meet you!
You may email me privately if you want or need anymore info. I'll help all I can.
God bless!
Susie Slaughter-Russell

Re: WARD

sharinlpn1 (View posts)
Posted: 4 Aug 2001 7:02PM GMT
Surnames: Gallagher
Tom, Might have a connection to Gallagher McGroarty from Co. Donegal Inver, Frosses area. You had answered my post back in June and sent me a map. I lost your email address. Any way I have Children of James and Rose Gallagher from Co Donegal. In 1850 they farmed in Casheloogary which is real close to Leagan. Their son Edward came to us abt 1867. He was married to a Bridget Gallagher (maiden name Gallagher) in Ire. they had nine children settled in Wilkes Barre area. One of them named Mary the third born who married a Charles McGroarty. Bridget died and Edward married again to a Ellen Higgins.

Re: McGroarty Montgomery

marystanfield77 (View posts)
Posted: 6 Jan 2002 2:36PM GMT
Hi Donna:

Have you contacted James Wright or Bill Auld? They have posts with Hugh Meighan on them. And the reference to Hugh Meighan in the obit is in Pennsylvania Coal Country.
Mary Meighan mbsbkp@aol.com
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com |  Privacy |  Terms and Conditions