Search for content in message boards

Glovers in Madison County, Alabama

Glovers in Madison County, Alabama

kalaherwin (View posts)
Posted: 21 Apr 2000 5:58PM GMT
Edited: 11 Jul 2001 4:32PM GMT
Many of my relatives that I have already traced lived in Madison County, Alabama near Owens Cross Roads. But, I have only gotten as far back as Jonathan M. Glover who m. Sarah Baker on March 10, 1820. He was b. in 1801 and he d. in 1868. Does anyone have any information on this line, or is anyone a relative searching for the same thing? I'd like to hear from everyone.
Thanks,
kalah

Jonathan Glover

DavidGlover51 (View posts)
Posted: 24 Apr 2000 8:29AM GMT
Edited: 28 Feb 2002 1:25PM GMT
I'm researching this line. Please contact me.

Jonathan M. Glover's father

kalaherwin (View posts)
Posted: 25 Apr 2000 2:20PM GMT
Edited: 11 Jul 2001 4:32PM GMT
I believe that Jonathan M. Glover- b. 1801 d. 1868, m. Sarah Baker 10 Mar 1820 (father of Jonathan William Glover) was the son of a certain "James Glover", but other than that I know nothing else. I have some info on Jonathan M. Glover, but if you have anything on his father and mother email me at
kae2003@yahoo.com
Also I know most of the Glovers lived in Alabama in the 1800s. Does this info concur with yours?
Please reply,
Kalah Erwin

thomas glover/hodges

cbailey0889 (View posts)
Posted: 11 May 2000 1:47PM GMT
Edited: 25 Jun 2001 5:37PM GMT
Mary and thomas had several childern. Mary is from Strawn Texas and is of Cherokee indian decent. they had several children .
Ellen
J.R
Sarah
Lillie
Walter. b.1885
Bertie. b.1893
Bertie married Martin guy whom would of been my gg-grandfather. they had two boys MARTIN ARTHUR (Art) married my grandmother and
and had 2 girls one of which is my mother, Judith, I do have some other info to .
loook forward to hearing from you
Cathy Bailey

Thomas Glover-Mary Hodges

Namms (View posts)
Posted: 11 May 2000 8:40PM GMT
Edited: 29 Jun 2001 2:54AM GMT
I forgot to tell you that my Grandmother was Lillie Hodges Hunden. Hope we can get together on this. Jackie

Hodges

cbailey0889 (View posts)
Posted: 12 May 2000 1:25PM GMT
Edited: 25 Jun 2001 5:37PM GMT
Yes, Lillie is Bertie's Sister and married
a Hunden. I beleive his name was David Hunden. I have Lillis's birth year as 1896.
We are going on vacation from mon. may 15-25. So don't get discouraged if I don't reply right away. By the way where do you live know? I am from California.
look forward to hearing from you.
Cathy Bailey

Hodges

Namms (View posts)
Posted: 12 May 2000 2:21PM GMT
I live in Nevada, Iowa. I married a Marine in Orange, Calif and we have lived in Iowa ever since. 38 years. I wonder if your ggmother and my grandmother ever communicated? Why don't you just use my email address to reach me instead of going thru the site. It is Namms@aol.com. Yes, Lillie married David Hunden in Colorado, they divorced and she later married George Moody in Washington. I can't find info on divorce or marriage. George died in Calif and Lillie died in Arizona. But I can send you what I have if you give me your address. Mine is 910 12th St; Nevada, IA, 50201. It makes it handy to be able to communicate this way also. Have fun on your vacation. Jackie Scott (Jackie Hunden Scott)

Glover's

Vickie Phillips (Glover) (View posts)
Posted: 15 May 2000 6:54PM GMT
I am trying to find any information on my family. I only have stories and some birth and death certificates. i was told that I am of Cherokee descent, through my grandmother and possibly my grandfather. His name was William Glover, from Frankfort Kentucky, later to die in Clarkville Tenn, He married a woman named Julia Kennidy or Canaday. I have pictures of her and she looks to be of indian descent. I am just not sure of all the details. My father was Wesley Lee Glover and he married Lettie Powell. They lived in Clarksville Tenn when they were married. If you have any information or if you think they are linked please e-mail me.
My father had 3 sisters, Martha, Maudie, and Rosie. He had 3 brother that i am aware of John, Frank and william

Lillie Glover

Anonymous (View posts)
Posted: 8 Jun 2000 7:05PM GMT
Edited: 22 Apr 2002 3:18AM GMT
My grandmother is Sarah Ellen Glover Pruett, who is Lillie's older sister. I have a lot of information on the Glover family, but it only goes back as far as Thomas Aquilla Glover, born January 5, 1843. He is Lillie and Sarah Ellen's father. Do you have more?

Lillie Glover

Namms (View posts)
Posted: 8 Jun 2000 9:39PM GMT
My Grandmother was Lillie Glover. I have quite a bot of info on the Glover side but I am looking also for the Hodges side. Mollie Hodges married Thomas A. Glover, They would have been G'Grandparents. I will be glad to send you the info that I have. What is your email? Thanks for letting me know there is someone else out there looking for the same family. Jackie Scott Namms@aol,com
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com |  Privacy |  Terms and Conditions