Search for content in message boards

Info on Kidwells in Maryland

Info on Kidwells in Maryland

conidebord (View posts)
Posted: 31 Jul 2001 1:29AM GMT
Surnames: KIDWELL
I am looking for any information on an Aidan Penn Kidwell of Maryland. Born sometime in late 1800's. I see him listed in teh index of Marilyn's Kidwell Index and have found him in a gene pool record but there is no real info other than a name. Can anyone help me? Thanks, Connie

Re: Info on Kidwells in Maryland

Marilyn Kidwell (View posts)
Posted: 31 Jul 2001 3:11PM GMT
Dear Constance,

Unfortunately, I only have the same information as you have posted.

I have photocopies of all the 1920 Census Index cards of all the Kidwells throughout the United States (and have transcribed them), but there is no:

A. Kidwell

A. P. Kidwell

Aidan Penn Kidwell

P. Kidwell

P. A. Kidwell

Penn Kidwell

that matches up with the locale or dates you've mentioned.

Could this gentleman have used a nickname? If so, he may be on one of those valuable 1920 Census Index cards!

Thanks,
Marilyn Kidwell

Constance DeBord (View posts)
Posted: 31 Jul 2001 5:13PM GMT
Surnames: KIDWELL
Marilyn, thanks for the response. I have no idea if Aidan Penn Kidwell used a nickname or not. I only recently found out that his last name was Kidwell. I thought it was Snapp all these years. Could he have been overseas in WWI during the 1920 census? Have you used Soundex to get all the possible Kidwells in that census? I am sure he lived in Baltimor in 1924 and possibly Haggerstown in 1927.
The info I viewed in the World Tree shows him born in 1889, married to a Margaret Detterman around 1915 and dying in 1917 so that may be a different person. That name is pretty unique however so I suspect its the same person and that whoever entered the info in the tree just thought he died when he fact he either disappeared or they divorced.

bhymas_1 (View posts)
Posted: 21 Sep 2001 2:37AM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 15 Feb 2002 6:13PM GMT
Hi Marilyn,
I am related to Letitia Kidwell, wife of Henry H Thompson. One of my cousins said she is the daughter of Courtney and Adrian and I see by the research you have done that she is not. I asked him what his source was for this information and he said in the DAR there is a letter written by Letitia's granddaughter stating that her maiden name was Kidwell. This is all kind of confusing. Any ideas where Letitia fits into the family? Thanks, Barbara

Aidan Penn KIdwell Info response

Thomas Kidwell (View posts)
Posted: 23 Nov 2001 10:47PM GMT
(I have just started to track my family history; so, my info is limited but appears to be a missing link to others.)
Aidan Penn Kidwell is my Great-Grandfather.
He was Married to Nora Mae Rice
they had a few children,one being my Grandpop Vernon(Homer?)
Kidwell June 7, 1921- December1,1987 (SS# 217056909)
Vernon(Homer?)Kidwell married my grandmom Margaret Kahler
their son Vernon Robert Kidwell(9/15/42)-{still Living}born Baltimore,Maryland which leads up to me:
Thomas Joseph Kidwell (11/13/73)Baltimore, MD.
As I am not yet a member of any family reasearch site(geneology.com or ancestry.com) my searches are very limited. However, I hope with providing this missing info,others(Connie,Marilyn,& Barbara)maybe be able to fill in the blanks!
P.S. My fatherVernon Robert) and I are from Baltimore,MD
as for my Grandpa & great Grand(Aidan) I am still trying to gather; However, my father and grandmom Mention alot about
Winchester, VA and Hagerstown, MD. The Kidwell family was suppose to have own some houses and something like a general Store in Winchester,VA. I have traveled there, but was unable to confirm. Any info would greatly be appreciated.
Thomas Kidwell (virtuain@hotmail.com)

Re: Aidan Penn KIdwell Info response

conidebord (View posts)
Posted: 24 Nov 2001 5:21AM GMT
Thomas,
This is fantastic info and your great-grandfather is probably who I have been looking for. Do you have a birthate and place. Also a marriage date? Do you know if he was married prior to Nora Rice? I did find an Aidan Penn Kidwell in a gene pool record submitted to Ancestry.com. He was born approx 1891 in MD and married a Margaret Detterman in 1916, but it appears the marriage ended in 1917 and I am not sure he is the same person, so havingthe birthdates etc would help to piece more of the puzzle together. Also do you have any other info about him?
Best.
Connie

srstav (View posts)
Posted: 11 Nov 2009 5:09AM GMT
Surnames: Kidwell, Thompson
Hi, I to am of the Letitia Kidwell and Henery Harrison Thompson line. I have been unable to determine who are Letitia's parents or siblings are. Has anyone been able to determine her relations, and if so, is there documentation?
Thanks to anyone who can shed some light.

Tammy Petruccelli (View posts)
Posted: 8 Jul 2010 2:25PM GMT
Marilyn, seeing that you are obviously the foremost authority on the Kidwells, I am hoping you can help me find out who Eleanor KIdwell b 1782 from Maryland m Nathan Ogden 1803, Port Tobacco, charles county Md. thank you for any help you may be able to give me, Tammy
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com |  Privacy |  Terms and Conditions