Search for content in message boards

daughters of chief cornstalkof the shawnee nation

daughters of chief cornstalkof the shawnee nation

c stackpole (View posts)
Posted: 4 Sep 2001 2:55AM GMT
Classification: Query
oceano was my gr-gr gm. i am interested in all aspects of the cornstalk family history. her dau. lived with us till she was 105 years of age. i supported her and paid her last expenses. i need to know more about oceano also her sr. aracroma.

any knowledge much appreciated.

charley

Re: daughters of chief cornstalkof the shawnee nation

@@teacherbryant@hotmail.com (View posts)
Posted: 11 Sep 2001 1:38AM GMT
Edited: 1 Aug 2004 2:15AM GMT
Have you heard of Chief Cornstalk having a daughter named Blue Water? She supposedly had children by Parker Adkins who is an ancestor of mine. By looking at my ggrandmother's picture, you see the possible Indian characteristics. Parker fought at the Battle of Point Pleasant during the Revolutionary War. I don't know if this is true. I cannot verify it. I have never documented Cornstalk even having a daughter named Blue Moon.

cstackpole (View posts)
Posted: 12 Sep 2001 2:52AM GMT
Surnames: CORNSTALK

i have parker v. adkins married to bluesky cornstalk.
this is from the early history of (w)va.

i show eight (8) children mother(s) unknown.

C.R.S.

Posted: 16 Sep 2001 3:23PM GMT
Where did you find the early history? I am very interested in this line of my family. If you want, you can e-mail me direct at teacherbryant@hotmail.com. I wonder if Bluesky might have an Americanized name. My greatgrandmother is not susposed to be a descendent of Bluesky, but with her looks it is a very real possibility. Thanks for your help.
Cheryl

Posted: 16 Sep 2001 3:26PM GMT
I forgot to mention that Parker is definitely an ancestor

cstackpole (View posts)
Posted: 18 Sep 2001 2:59AM GMT
i have over the years obtained for my own research library a
number of out of print books written around 1900. i have studied treaties , accounts of treaties and who was present,etc. there is no written history of the shawnee. dr. alford the first shawnee to attend college wrote a written language for them about 1875 (?).

there exists many versions of lineage, many of which have misunderstandings and proves verbal history is essentially correct but names get jumbled.

my gr-gm lived with my family and died at 10 days short of 105. (one hundred five years). i supported her for many years. she was "completely lucid and just went to sleep and passed over during the night"

c.r.s.

Adniti (View posts)
Posted: 22 Nov 2001 4:57AM GMT
Edited: 4 Aug 2002 5:39AM GMT
To: Charles Stackpole,
Thank you for your response to one of my postings asking about a list of Chief Cornstalk's descendants. I misplaced your information. I would very much like to share information with you. Thank you, Sheryl R. Franklin
P.S. Could you send me your e-mail address. Thank you.

CRSTACKPOLE (View posts)
Posted: 21 Dec 2001 10:52PM GMT
Edited: 18 May 2002 2:25AM GMT

aracroma, oceano my ancestor . i believe i have collected most of the family
c.r.s

Adniti (View posts)
Posted: 30 Dec 2001 6:51PM GMT
Edited: 4 Aug 2002 5:39AM GMT
Charles, Thank you for responding to my e-mail. I lost the information regarding how to contact you. I am very interested in seeing the information that you have concerning Chief Cornstalk's descendants. I have hit a brick wall. I really appreciate your assistance! Thanks so much!

nig_mal (View posts)
Posted: 17 Mar 2009 5:04PM GMT
Surnames: Adkins, Fry, Cornstalk, Littleberry
I have just discovered a reference to a Mary "Blue Sky" Cornstalk as a wife of Parker Vincent Adkins. Marriage date was supposedly 1767. Is this the couple you have in your family tree? Do you have information regarding Parker Vincent Adkins that you might be able to share? I have found a marriage to Mary Polly Fry (1754), and many children. I am trying to distinguish who, in fact, were his wives and which children go with which mother. Any help will be greatly appreciated. You may contact me directly at my personal email: nigmal.melanie@gmail.com.
Thank you,
Melanie Mann
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com |  Privacy |  Terms and Conditions