Search for content in message boards

Tison/Tyson

Tison/Tyson

LRC30 (View posts)
Posted: 19 Jul 2001 12:24AM GMT
Edited: 18 Oct 2001 9:33PM GMT
Surnames: Tison, Tyson
Looking for any info on early Tison/Tysons that lived in Bradford and Baker Counties around 1900.
Larry
Lrc30@yahoo.com

Tyson/Tison of Bradford County

Bonnie Tyson Carter (View posts)
Posted: 29 Jan 2002 6:46PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Tyson, Tison
I am also looking for info on Tysons of Bradford County. My line is Edward Jasper Tyson b. 11 sept 1855 married to Rachel Waters b. 29 july 1862. (my grandmothers says that she was full indian). Children were:
Narcy Tyson b.11 jan 1874
Noah Horace b. 17 dec 1882
William Henery b.9 jan 1884
_onnie Elsy b.17 sept 1886
James Harrie b.13 july 1889
Edward Jasper b.9 jan 1891
Missouri b.30 oct 1892
Buritta b.17 april 1894
Adam b.17 april 1896
Lacy b.4 sept 1898
Everett E. b. 16 oct 1900
Dora b. 30 april 1902
David b. 29 aug 1904
Joseph b.20 nov 1905
Florence Lillian b. 20 nov 1908

any help anyone can give will be appreciated. Will be glad to share info. The above info comes from an original page from the Tyson family bible. Some of it is unreadable.

thanks

Re: Tyson/Tison of Bradford County

tlwhelan8 (View posts)
Posted: 31 Jan 2003 5:01PM GMT
Surnames: tyson
I am the grandaughter of Edward Jasper Tyson born 8 Jan 1891. He was married to Mary Ella Thompson. My daddy was George Dail Tyson. We were always of the opinon that Rachel Waters was Indian but no one would confirm that. My Granny lived to almost 100 but never would say. I am so thrilled to finally get a link to someone who has info on my family. I went to the cemetary where Rachel is buried. On her tombstone it says"She was the sunshine in our home." Any further info would be greatly appreciated.

Bonnie Carter (View posts)
Posted: 1 Feb 2003 2:30PM GMT
Hi,
Looks like your grandfather and mine were brothers. My father told me that his grandmother (Rachel) lived with him when he was a very small child. The story is that she was full indian blood. My grandmother used to tell me that she could never discipline my dad when Rachel was around because she would not allow it. My dad definitely had the striking black indian eyes and hair. I haven't been able to find any positive documentation on this though. Some of the other Tysons in our line do not believe it to be true. I have sent you an email with other information.

bonnie

tlwhelan8 (View posts)
Posted: 19 Aug 2005 7:15PM GMT
I have received a copy of Rachels death certificate. It lists her parents as Henry Crews and Elizabeth Jackson. The informant was Sarah Driggers.This certainly is confusing as she has always been listed as Rachel Waters on all info I have found. Is there anyone who has any connection to Henry Crews or to Elizabeth Jackson or Sarah Driggers that could shed any light on this. Rachels death cert is recorded in Bradford Cty Fla and does list Jasper Tyson(my g grandfather) as her spouse. Any info woul be appreciated...Teresa Tyson Whelan

aslord149 (View posts)
Posted: 19 Aug 2005 7:18PM GMT
Edited: 14 Feb 2006 5:57PM GMT
Give me an email soon. We are certainly related.
I would love to have a copy of Rachels dc. I have serached all over for a Rachal Waters too.

ali

teresa tyson whelan (View posts)
Posted: 19 Aug 2005 7:42PM GMT
Hi Ali. I have been trying to get in touch with Bonnie for the longest time. Do you have her new email address? I am the daughter of George Tyson,son of Edward Jasper. The search to get info on Rachel has been difficult. LMK your email and I will gladly get you a copy of her dc. Bonnie has much more info thanI have but this new info on Rachel may help to find out whether or not she indeed is of Indian Heritage....

tlwhelan8 (View posts)
Posted: 21 Aug 2005 8:36PM GMT
The informant on Rachel Tysons death cert is actually H Fowler not Sara Driggers(she was the recorder). I found a Henry Fowler on the 1930 census in Lake Butler,Union ,Fla. Is anyone related to the Tysons through the Fowler line that has any info on Rachel Tyson m to Jasper Tyson......

annrosierfloyd42 (View posts)
Posted: 24 Jul 2010 2:42PM GMT
Surnames: Tyson, Rosier, Padgett
My great-grandmother was Frances Mary Tyson. She married John Berrien Rosier. Her death certif. shows her father as Benjamin Tyson and her mother as Susie Padgett. Do you have any information on Frances Mary's family? Thanks.

annrosierfloyd42 (View posts)
Posted: 24 Jul 2010 2:42PM GMT
Surnames: Tyson, Rosier, Padgett
My great-grandmother was Frances Mary Tyson. She married John Berrien Rosier. Her death certif. shows her father as Benjamin Tyson and her mother as Susie Padgett. Do you have any information on Frances Mary's family? Thanks.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com |  Privacy |  Terms and Conditions