Search for content in message boards

Jacob Hite

Jacob Hite

Kenneth L. Gray (View posts)
Posted: 14 Mar 2005 1:24AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Hite
Looking for parents of Jacob Hite born 14 Feb 1761 in Frederick County Maryland and at the age of 1 taken to Frederick County Virginia. Married Catherine Scheiner in Frederick county, VA by Christian Streit. Later emmigrated to Rush County Indiana from Rockbridge county with his children, William G. Hite, Jacob, Jr. (Squire) Hite, Alexander Hite, George Hite, and Mary Polly Hite. Son John was said to have remained behind in VA. Commonly listed as a descendent of Jost Hite of Shenenandoah valley fame, but this is disproven by DNA analysis. Any help or suggestions appreciated.

Re: Jacob Hite

chmielewski87 (View posts)
Posted: 16 Nov 2008 6:08PM GMT
Classification: Query
I am also seeking information on this Jacob Hite. He was my 4x Gr. Grandfather. I am not convinced that his father was John Hite and mother Catherine Sheiner as stated in One World Tree. I see you posted this in 2005. Have you come up with any proof of this since then? Also, regarding the DNA - I am told it is only accurate if you can trace is along the fathers. Sarah Catherine Hite was my Gr. Grandmother so I don't think it could be conclusive in my case. I am a grandaughter of Joseph Caffee - son of Sarah Catherine.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com |  Privacy |  Terms and Conditions