Search for content in message boards

my families in Jasper

my families in Jasper

lilredgma (View posts)
Posted: 9 Sep 1998 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 18 May 2002 12:30PM GMT
Surnames: MERCER, MOSELEY, PARKER, SMITH, WALDEN, WILKERSON, WINCHESTER
Seeking parents\\family of DAVID SMITH, born 1768 VA, died 1850 in Jasper Co, GA. Children:
(1) Ranson L., born 1790 in NC, md Mary Ann WILKERSON. died Randolph Co, AL
(2) Polly, md 1810 to James LANIER
(3) David Jr, md Martha "Patsy" Hardin, died 1840's Heard Co, GA
(4) Matthew Smith
(5) Murphey Smith
(6) Frances, md 1820 to James Hately, she d. before 1850
(7) John W. Smith
(8) Joseph P. Smith
(9) Sally, md 1821 to Josiah W. Norris
Any help appreciated...thanks

LOOSER/THORNTON

LSides91 (View posts)
Posted: 8 Oct 1998 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 10 Aug 2001 1:00AM GMT
Surnames: LOOSER, THORNTON
JOHN CONRAD LOOSER m. MARY THORNTON, daughter of HENRY THORNTON. Trying to find data on this Thornton family. Henry Thornton died in mid 1820's.

Alexander Smith

LWDerrow (View posts)
Posted: 8 Nov 1998 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 17 Nov 2001 3:12AM GMT
Surnames: SMITH, MARTIN
David Smith was one of four (along with M. Lowry, William Ross, and Garland Maxey) who certified the inventory appraisal of the estate of Alexander Smith in January 1832, Jasper County, Georgia. Alexander Smith died 4 April 1831 and was between 50 and 60 when he died (born, thus, about 1771/1781). D. Smith and Abr. Smith, among others, were also buyers of Alexander Smith's "perishable property" as recorded 27 Feb 1832, in Jasper Co. probate records. Any possibility that "your" David Smith and the David Smith mentioned in these records are the same? I've been trying to get a lead on Alexander Smith's birthplace and parents, without success.

Searching Wilkerson Line

Ruth W. Haynes (View posts)
Posted: 24 Mar 1999 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: Wilkerson
Marjorie:

Searching for ancestors of Harmon Wilkerson, d. 1825, Jasper Co.,Ga, m. Olive n. a.; had 11 sons, 4th was Abel Wilkerson's. Able had 8 children. His 8th child was named Christopher C. Wilkerson b. abt. 1815, wife Lucy had 9 children. Sixth child was daughter Mary, b. abt. 1848, GA. Christopher& family moved to Alabama bef. 1857.

Our source is Lynn Wilkerson [7554,512]

Lucy Smith

Robert Taylor (View posts)
Posted: 7 Jul 1999 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: Taylor, Smith
Do you have the name Lucy in your Smith files. I have a David Smith Taylor that is her son. Maybe named after her father? She married Aquilla Taylor in Jasper Co. in 1821

Lucy SMITH

LWDerrow (View posts)
Posted: 11 Jul 1999 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 17 Nov 2001 3:12AM GMT
I wouldn't be at all surprised if Lucy SMITH was related to Alexander SMITH in Jasper County, but she isn't one of his offspring, according to those listed in the probate records for him. She must be about the same age, given the 1821 marriage, as Alexander's daughter, Sarah C. SMITH, who married James L. MARTIN (my ggg grandparents) also in 1821.

One of the purchasers of items at the estate sale of Alexander SMITH was David SMITH. They were obviously neighbors (since most who bought at sales lived close by), but they could have also been brothers or cousins. I still haven't found out who Alexander SMITH's parents and siblings were.

Hope we can figure out who all the Jasper County SMITHS were and how they were related. I'll keep searching. Good luck in your research.

Basil Smith

Brian Smith (View posts)
Posted: 13 Jul 1999 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: Smith, Simmons, Simmions
Basil Smith is listed in the 1830 Jasper Co. census. He married Malinda Simmons in 1814 in Putnam Co. I have extensive info on their decendents but nothing on their parents or siblings. If these names appear in your data, please let me know.

SMITH

mollymclaughlin692 (View posts)
Posted: 25 Jul 1999 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 10 Jul 2005 7:48PM GMT
Surnames: SMITH, OSBORN, AARON, SANSOM
1816 Estate sale of Richard Sansom (16 Nov. 1816) Jasper Co., Georgia included Smith buyers: Tom Smith; Jane Smith; Jerry Smith. Daughters of Richard Sansom included a daughter, FANNY SMITH. She apparently resided in Jasper Co., Ga. until 1859 when a Mitchel AARON and a Charles OSBORN as an "interested party" applied to the court for letters of Administration de bonis non cum testamento annexo on the estate of Richard Sansom (administration of the estate not yet adminstered, with the last testament annexed or shown to the court). It says "it appearing to the court that under the last will and Testament of Richard Sansom late of Jasper county deceased, certain negro property was willed to the children of FANNY SMITH, and the said FANNY SMITH was to hold the possession on said negro property during her life, and it further appearing to the court that the said FANNY SMITH has departed this life.. A C. E. F. W. CAMPBELL and James C. AARON were appointed securities.

The copies of the originals from the Ga. Archives are in my possession.

SMITH

Posted: 25 Jul 1999 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: Smith
The estate sale of Richard Sansom, dated 16 Novemer 1816 in Jasper Co., Ga. included some Smith members also-Richard's daughter, FANNY had married a SMITH as she is listed in his will, and an estate sale late 1850's were for the estate de bonis non...of the slaves left to her by her father to go to her children. Some Aaron's were the ones who were administrators appointed de bonis non of Richard Sansom.

The 1816 buyers included: Tom Smith; Jane Smith; Jerry Smith.

Wilkerson

Posted: 3 Aug 1999 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: Wilkerson, Wilkinson
Hammon Wilkerson was related to John Wilkerson who died in Wilkes Co., Georgia. His (John Wilkerson's) legatees, in about 1812 or so, were George Malone (the Jasper Co., Malones wife, Martha Wilkerson), Samuel, Pleasant, Nathanial Wilkinson (interchanges with Wilkerson from one record to another) and Vincent Harrison and Joseph Johnson. There are many references to the estate of Hammon Wilkerson of Jasper Co., Ga. in the Georgia Journal Abstracts (Genealogical Abstracts of the Georgia Journal (Milledgeville) Newspapers) by Fred and Emilie K. Hartz, covering the year Hammon died and his estate administrated. I have in my own notes (doing Malone research) that Hammon's executors were Jeptha and Simeon Wilkinson, Administrators.His land is listed in an 1826 entry as being by estimate 227 acres of land lying 8 miles from Monticello near the road leading from thence to the Factory. Also one negro woman being the residue of the personal property belonging to said estate, administartors still as above. Somehow, I have that Hammon was of John Wilkinson's line, but I can't find in my notes how I surmised that. I have that Simeon Wilkerson lived in 15th district of Jasper Co. adj. Felix Standley, l01 1/4 acres. This in 1827. The land was levied on as property of a William Holloway, dec'd. and levied to satisfy fi fas in favor of Felix Standley vs. Stephen P. Bailey, administrator of William Holloway, dec'd.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com |  Privacy |  Terms and Conditions