Search for content in message boards

Lawrence Leach-Richard Leech

Lawrence Leach-Richard Leech

MJV70 (View posts)
Posted: 14 Aug 2007 1:58AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Leech, Leach, Leche
I am wondering if anyone has proof that Lawrence Leach of Salem, MA. is Richard and Ann (Yate) Leech's son (parish records, etc.)?

Also, does anyone know for certain who Richard's parents are? Searching through family trees, I have seen some people have Edward Lewis and Margaret Jones as his parents, and Richard of Sychdin Llewys and Louiri Fychan Conwy as Edward's parents. When I started this search, I was trying to connect Richard Leech to John Leche II, surgeon to King Edward III (1327-77). But if Richard's dad is Edward Lewis, I guess they are not connected.

If anyone can help, please let me know!
Thanks!
Michelle

Re: Lawrence Leach-Richard Leech

jbcreation (View posts)
Posted: 8 Mar 2009 2:56AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Leech, Lewis
I'm rather curious about this myself, particularly the issue of Richard's parentage. I've seen the references to Richard Leech's (b. c. 1551) parents as Edward Lewis and Margaret Jones--does anyone know where this comes from? Any chance it's indeed the case? The information I've seen seems to indicate that Edward and Margaret were Welsh, whereas Richard was from Leigh in Lancashire, if I'm not mistaken. I've also heard that Edward may have had a son Richard Lewis, born early in 1552 in Penarth, Wales--could this be the source of the correspondence, and is it by any chance legit?

--JB

jb-creation@excite.com
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com |  Privacy |  Terms and Conditions