Search for content in message boards

Jonathan Massie

Jonathan Massie

RJCMTC (View posts)
Posted: 8 Apr 2009 2:13PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Massie, Cox, White ,Brown
Looking for any thing On him & his Family belive Jeptha that Moved to Gallia Co.,Ohio {these are some names I have come across and tryng to place with Massie & Cox Conection}
I am tring to put the Massie family and The Cox Family together:
Robert W. Massie's Daughter
Cora Mae Massie who Married Hiram Monroe Cox.Thanks & God Bless ,Ruby

Re: Jonathan Massie

skee1749 (View posts)
Posted: 8 Apr 2009 2:51PM GMT
Surnames: Massie Cox Meadows
My wife also descends from a Jonathan Massie , and his wife Matilda Fawell , the info I have was from someone else and I don't know how accurate the info is back to Jeptha

It said that Jonathan was son of Thomas and Abigail Meadows Massie , and Thomas was son of Jeptha , who was son of Jeptha and unknown.

My daughter married a boy that his step father descends from Nelson Cox , of Lawrence, County , the ancestors of Nelson were from Cabell , Co, WV and further back into VA.

Hope this helps Ernie Wright

Re: Jonathan Massie/Cox

comountains (View posts)
Posted: 8 Apr 2009 3:27PM GMT
Surnames: MASSIE, COX
Hi! Perhaps birth and death dates would help identify these folks a little better. I have done a lot of research on the Cox family of Cabell County, West Virginia. This William and Sarah Cox family had ten sons and one daughter. In the 1850s, two of the Cox sons moved to Lawrence County, Ohio, and one ended up in Gallia County, Ohio in the 1870s. I have to say that the name Hiram Monroe Cox does not sound familiar. George Cox was the Gallia County son, and he had one son, William T. Cox, and four daughters. Birth and death dates would help to isolate which generation to search for any connections.

skee1749 (View posts)
Posted: 8 Apr 2009 7:29PM GMT
I am currently in Huntington , and I will look when I get home later this afternoon , I don't think there were any dates , but I can estimate if not. Ernie Wright

skee1749 (View posts)
Posted: 8 Apr 2009 8:46PM GMT
Surnames: MASSIE/DeLAWDER/ MEADOWS
Best I can do is in the 1860 Lawrence,County , Census , Mason TWP. Thomas was 54 and Abigailwas 50

in 1880 Thomas was 74 and Abigail 69

Mary Alice , married James Madison DeLawder and died 1905 after giving birth to Arlie M DeLawder , my father in law

1900 Census Mary age 53 , born Aug 1846

skee1749 (View posts)
Posted: 8 Apr 2009 8:56PM GMT
Surnames: Massie
Both Thomas and Abigail were listed as born , VA in 1880 census

skee1749 (View posts)
Posted: 8 Apr 2009 9:23PM GMT
Surnames: MASSIE
1880 census has a John Massie with daughter Mary A , age 10 , this would suite the child bearing age of Mary Alice , John was 37 in 1880 , I wasn't able to find Jeptha in Lawrence, County in any of the census that was ofthe right age to be father of Thomas.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com |  Privacy |  Terms and Conditions