Search for content in message boards

Samuel Kennedy, 1741

Samuel Kennedy, 1741

gini burkhart (View posts)
Posted: 21 Jan 2000 9:49AM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 22 Mar 2010 3:10AM GMT
came to Maine 1741 with wife Mary. Maine was part of Mass. and they arrived by boat in Mass. Located in Newcastle, Maine. Looking for info. re. the ship they came over in from Ireland. Ty

Samuel Kennedy

Pamela (View posts)
Posted: 13 Feb 2000 8:12PM GMT
Edited: 22 Mar 2010 3:10AM GMT
Surnames: Canada
I have an ancestor named Samuel Kennedy, born between 1789 and 1790 in VA? and he died
August 20, 1862 in Otter Creek, Kentucky. We think his father was Martin Kennedy, but not sure. The name got confused missplelled through the years and became Canada in my line. Do you think there may be a connection ? This was a Protestant family so may be Scotch Irish. Thanks Pamela kjansen@ix.netcom.com

Samuel Kennedy of Newcastle, Maine

kenneve (View posts)
Posted: 9 Jun 2001 4:44PM GMT
Edited: 5 Aug 2001 5:57PM GMT
This is the family I have been searching for information on for years. I have quite a lot of information about the family after their arrival in Newcastle but none before. I would be interested in sharing information.
Verne Kennedy

Re: Samuel Kennedy

Jan Clark (View posts)
Posted: 3 Apr 2004 11:34PM GMT
Have you tried land deeds yet? Your Samuel Kennedy was, I think, a neighbor of my James Clark. There are several Kennedys on list of Tappen deeds, dated 1725. Doubt you'll find name of ship they came over on. I'm trying to identify location of these early people in No. Ireland. Records in Ireland being so bad due bombing in 1922, that early town histories which passed on information on the families can be a source, but many just say came from Ireland.

Re: Samuel Kennedy of Newcastle, Maine

Jan Clark (View posts)
Posted: 3 Apr 2004 11:39PM GMT
I'm trying to gather information on early settlers of Newcastle, Maine. My immigrant ancestor, James Clark, was early settler - 1733. It's the information over the water that's so hard, isn't it? Samuel and other Kennedys were neighbors of James Clark. We may have information we can share.

Re: Samuel Kennedy, Maine

gcarr42 (View posts)
Posted: 30 Dec 2005 12:34AM GMT
Edited: 25 Mar 2010 3:09PM GMT
Surnames: Kennedy
I am wondering if e might be working the same Samuel - mine arrived in 1`731 from Ireland - wife was Mary Simpson.

here is my source -Samuel of Scotch descent - from Ireland and settled in Sheepscot 1731 - History of Sheepscot and New Castle 1882 - E Upton and Son printers - I found about 3 pages of Kennedy info in the book.

George

Conrad47 (View posts)
Posted: 21 Mar 2010 9:39PM GMT
George, it looks like we have the same ancestor. Most of what I know about Samuel Kennedy comes from the History of Ancient Sheepscot and Newcastle. I did learn that his wife's name was Mary from other sources. How did you learn that Mary's surname was Simpson? Do you have additional information or sources?

Keith

kenneve (View posts)
Posted: 23 Mar 2010 2:55AM GMT
I found the following information:

Film # 859,062
Surnames of wives of Rev. War Soldiers
Kennedy, Samuel of Newcastle and Mrs. Mary Simpson
Oct. 4, 1749 (Brunswick Me. Marriages)

I'm not sure if this was the same Samuel Kennedy (there were many)

Also, Mrs Mary Simpson may indicate she had been previously married.

gcarr42 (View posts)
Posted: 25 Mar 2010 2:41PM GMT
Sorry Keith, George died 2 years ago and I don't even try to keep up with his research. My own is complicated enough.
Hope you find what you are looking for.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com |  Privacy |  Terms and Conditions