Search for content in message boards

BROCKS IN KENTUCKY

BROCKS IN KENTUCKY

melinda (View posts)
Posted: 13 Mar 2000 10:27PM GMT
I AM LOOING FOR ANY INFORMATION ON MY GREAT GRANDFATHER. HIS NAME WAS ISSIAH BROCK HE WAS A FULL BLOODED INDIAN WHO WAS TAKEN IN BY A BROCK FAMILY AND RAISED HE ALSO HAD A SISTER NO ONE KNOWS HER NAME. THEY WHERE RAISED AROUND KETTLE ISLAND IN BELL COUNTY, KENTUCKY. IF YOU KNOW ANYTHING PLEASE REPLY.

Brock's in Kettle Island, Ky.

lujaynec46 (View posts)
Posted: 28 Mar 2000 7:19AM GMT
Edited: 12 Apr 2002 4:51PM GMT
Melinda-- I am from Bell Co., Ky. and my grandmother was a Brock who lived in the Kettle Island-- Straight Creek area of our county. Kettle Island once had a boarding house run by some Brock's-- including my grandmother. Know anything about this? What breed of indian was your great grandfather? I am sure there is a connection to my family here if we can find it.

brocks in ky

john lee galloway (View posts)
Posted: 29 Mar 2000 11:01AM GMT
can reach me at bigjohn92356@aol.com i also am looking for brocks family from ky thanks john

brocks in ky

MELINDA (View posts)
Posted: 29 Mar 2000 7:34PM GMT
MY GREAT GRANDFATHER WAS A CROW INDIAN MY FAMILY HAS JUST FOUND THIS OUT RECENTLY. WE WHERE ALWAYS TOLD HE WAS CHEROKEE. BUT THE STORY WAS MIXED UP THROUGH THE YEARS. I HAD NO IDEA ABOUT THE BOARDING HOUSE. I HOPE THAT THIS IS THE INFO. YOU NEED. VERY LITTLE IS KNOWN ABOUT MY GREAT GRANDFATHER. PLEASE LET ME KNOW IF YOU FIND ANYTHING.

Book on Brock's from Bell and Harlan Counties in Ky.

lujaynec46 (View posts)
Posted: 30 Mar 2000 7:09AM GMT
I have much information on Brock's in Harlan and Bell Co. Ky. My grandmother was Mary Jane Brock, daughter of John and Sylvesta Saylor Brock. One of her sister's researched the Brock family tree fairly extensively and wrote a book about this. What is the specific information that you are looking for?

Kettle Island Brock's

lujaynec46 (View posts)
Posted: 30 Mar 2000 7:18AM GMT
Melinda-- I am fairly sure (will have to check this out) that there was a band of Crow Indians who settled up around Kettle Island for awhile. Do you have any idea of your grandfather's birthdate? Even an approximate one would help.

BOOK ABOUT THE BROCKS

MELINDA (View posts)
Posted: 30 Mar 2000 11:55AM GMT
I WOILD LIKE TO KNOW WHO RAISED MY GRANDFATHER AND HOW THEY CAME TO BE HIS PARENTS. HIS NAME WAS ISSIAH BROCK.

BROCKS IN KY

MELINDA (View posts)
Posted: 30 Mar 2000 9:26PM GMT
NO I DO NOT HAVE A BIRTHDATE I WISH I COULD HELP MORE. I DO KNOW HIS WIFE WAS SARAH HELTON. SHE DIED IN HER EARLY 40'S. SHE WAS HIT BY A CAR AND DIED ABOUT 2 WEEKS LATER.I HOPE THIS HELPS.

Allen Brock of KY

Theresa (View posts)
Posted: 2 Apr 2000 12:56AM GMT
My Allen Brock was born 1812 in KY, father was John Brock. Would be interested in finding cousins from this Brock line. Have Civil War letters from sons that family might be interested in.

Cpt. Brock

releasem (View posts)
Posted: 11 Apr 2000 8:04PM GMT
Edited: 8 Jul 2001 11:57PM GMT
Teresa: Would love to share and exchange information with you on our Brock line. My wife's grandfather is the gggg-grandson of Cpt. Brock. He has much history of the family and is also missing much. If you are interested please e-mail me directly with your e-mail address.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com |  Privacy |  Terms and Conditions