Search for content in message boards

Wabash County ancestors

Wabash County ancestors

ElsieJerisk345 (View posts)
Posted: 2 Jun 2000 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 31 Aug 2001 4:21AM GMT
Surnames: Martin, Krichbaum, Egner, Garner, Foster, Towns, Floor
Fred MARTIN married Lydia Ann KRICHBAUM/GRICHBAUM and lived in Wabash County. Daughter MAY MARTIN married John Thomas TOWNS IN 1907. Other names that I know involved in this family are: EGNER, GARNER, FOSTER, FLOOR. Looking for information on any of above names.

Towns Family Respn

Yakima00 (View posts)
Posted: 3 Jun 2000 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 25 Jun 2001 3:51PM GMT
Surnames: Towns
Thanks for you response.....

Towns Family

Surnames: Martin, Towns, Krichbaum
This John Thomas Towns was my father. Born in Wisconsin then traveled to SE Ohio where he lived until an adult. Married my mother in Wabash Co. IN. As far as I know there are no Texas ties.

Towns Family

Yakima00 (View posts)
Edited: 25 Jun 2001 3:51PM GMT
Surnames: John Thomas Towns
Response to John Thomas Towns....
Was searching info on John Thomas Towns, wanting to know if was related to Jeptha or D.G.(Drew or Drury)Towns known to live in VanZandt County Texas. Please pass of any info on this family.....
Thanks
Terrie

Lydia Ann Krichbaum

NPeche (View posts)
Posted: 16 Jun 2000 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 3 Jul 2001 12:04AM GMT
Surnames: KRICHBAUM
I can tell you about your Krichbaum ancestors.

They orignally came from Laudenau, Bergstr., Starkenbg., Hesse [Germany] to Bethel Twp., Berks Co., Pa.

About 1795 Johannes Kriegbaum b. 01 Jan 1762, s/o of the immigrant Johann Wilhelm KRIEGBAUM & his wife Anna Barbara RETTIG, moved to Aaronsburg, Haines Twp, Centre Co., Pa. where nine of their children were baptized.

About 1814, Johannes KRIEGBAUM and his wife Maria Elizabeth EMMETT and their children and the brother of Johannes, Johann Wilhelm KRIEGBAUM & his wife Maria Catharina GERMAN, moved to Stark County, OHIO.

A genealogy report follows below on the parents of Lydia KRICHBAUM and her siblings many of whom moved to Washbash Co, IN.

Can you tell me more about Lydia KRICHBAUM her exact date of birth, date of death, date of marriage, names of children. Where was she born, OHIO or INDIANA?
Do you know when Lydia's parents moved to Washbash Co, INDIANA?

Descendants of Johannes George KRICHBAUM

Generation No. 1

1. JOHANNES GEORGE5 KRICHBAUM (JOHANNES4 KRIEGBAUM, JOHANNES WILHELM3, JOHANN WILHELM2, HEINRICH1 KRIECHBAUM) was born 28 Feb 1799 in Aaronsburg, Centre Co, Pa.1, and died 21 Feb 1869 in near North Manchester, Chester Twp, Wasbash Co, IN. He married ELIZABETH SONDERS 20 Apr 1828 in Stark Co, OH.

Children of JOHANNES KRICHBAUM and ELIZABETH SONDERS are:

i. JACOB6 KRICHBAUM, b. Abt. 1829, OH or IN ?

ii. CATHARINE KRICHBAUM, b. Abt. 1831, OH or IN ?

iii. PETER KRICHBAUM, b. 12 Oct 1834; d. 19 Nov 1905; m. LOUISE HUFFMAN.

iv. GEORGE KRICHBAUM, JR., b. Abt. 1838, OH or IN ?
2. v. MOSES KRICHBAUM, b. 22 Jan 1839, Wabash Co, IN; d. 04 Apr 1930, Daughter's Home, Lacy, Maple Grove Twp., Barry Co, MI.

vi. ELIZABETH KRIEGBAUM, b. 24 Jun 1841; d. 17 Oct 1845, N. Manchester, Wasbash Co, IN.

vii. LYDIA KRIEGBAUM, b. Jun 1850, OH or IN ?

Generation No. 2

2. MOSES6 KRICHBAUM (JOHANNES GEORGE5, JOHANNES4 KRIEGBAUM, JOHANNES WILHELM3, JOHANN WILHELM2, HEINRICH1 KRIECHBAUM) was born 22 Jan 1839 in Wabash Co, IN, and died 04 Apr 1930 in Daughter's Home, Lacy, Maple Grove Twp., Barry Co, MI. He married (1) MARY ALICE AUGHINBAUGH. He married (2) RUTH ANN ELLIOTT 07 Apr 1865 in Wasbash Co, IN, daughter of HIRAM ELLIOTT and CYNTHIA HUFFMAN.

Children of MOSES KRICHBAUM and RUTH ELLIOTT are:

i. LOUISE ANDREANA7 KRICHBAUM, b. 16 Jun 1867, INDIANA; d. 11 Jan 1887, Servia, Wabash Co, IN.

ii. DELLA MAE KRICHBAUM, b. 22 Nov 1870, Wabash Co, IN; d. 1947, Barry Co, IN; m. CHARLES MARTIN HAWTHORNE, 02 Sep 1890, Wabash Co, IN.

iii. GEORGE WASHINGTON KRICHBAUM, b. 26 Feb 1872, Chester Twp, Wabash Co, IN; d. 06 Mar 1952, Servia, Wabash Co, IN; m. LOVISA ELLEN PUGH, 15 Sep 1906, Presbyterian Ch, Chester Twp, Wabash Co, IN.

iv. INFANT KRICHBAUM, b. 08 Mar 1874, Wabash Co, IN; d. 11 Mar 1874, Wabash Co, IN.

v. WESLEY KRIEGBAUM, b. 09 Aug 1875, INDIANA; d. 1958, Near Claypool, Kosciusko Co, IN; m. LUCY A. COBLE, Abt. 1897.

vi. ASIA B. KRIEGBAUM, b. May 1882, INDIANA.

vii. GRACIE ETHEL KRIEGBAUM, b. 17 Dec 1884; d. 16 Aug 1885, INDIANA.

Endnotes

1. Centre Co, PA Church Records, Vol. 1, Page 1-47 - Record of the Aaronsburg Lutheran Church, Aaronsburg, PA; Baptisms 1794 - 1854., Page 124., Johannes George KRIEGBAUM, b. 28 Feb 1799, bp 02 June 1799;
Parents: Johannes / Maria Eliz. KRIEGBAUM.
Sponsors: William KRIECHBAUM & Elizabeth. .

Wabash County Ancestors

Posted: 17 Jun 2000 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: Krichbaum, Sonders
Nancy, I forgot I wanted to ask you how you are related to the Krichbaums from Wabash County, IN.

Moses Krichbaum & family

NPeche (View posts)
Elsie,

From what I can tell,
MOSES KRICHBAUM'S children were all born
between 1867 - 1884.

Moses KRICHBAUM m. 07 April 1865 -- RUTH ANN ELLIOT.

Ruth Ann ELLIOT died: 20 Dec 1884 three days after the birth of her last child GRACE ETHEL KRICHBAUM b. 17 Dec 1884.

From what I can tell Mary Alice AUGINBAUGH was the 2nd wife.

Does that explain things better?

Wabash County Ancestors

Surnames: KRICHBAUM, SONDERS
Nancy
I'm confused. Earlier you gave me a list of the children of Moses KRICHBAUM and Ruth ELLIOTT, including his daughter, DELLA. Do you mean that you don't have information about his children with Mary Alice AUGHINBAUGH, his first wife? All of this information has me a little bit overwhelmed. I have to take time to assimilate it. I need to get to a LDS library and look up some Wabash County census data.
Elsie

Lydia Ann KRICHBAUM d/o George

NPeche (View posts)
Surnames: KRICHBAUM, SONDERS
I'm sure we are talking about the same LYDIA KRICHBAUM.
Her father was Johannes GEORGE KRIEGBAUM / KRICHBAUM b. in Aaronsburg, Haines Twp., Centre Co, PA.m. Elizabeth SONDERS.

Lydia's brother was MOSES KRICHBAUM b. 22 Jan 1839 in Washbash Co, IN. m. Mary Alice AUGHINBAUGH. I don't have the names of the children of Moses KRICHBAUM.

Nancy

Wabash County Ancestors

Surnames: Krichbaum
Here is the information I have from the Record of Death for Lydia Ann ( Liddie Ann) and from a card made at her death: she was born in Wabash County,IN on April 12, 1851 and died Aug. 13, 1920. She was married to Fred Martin. Her father's name was George, from PA. Her mother is listed as being born in Germany. One BIG discrepancy - this Death Record (which is copied from the original) lists her father as George Bickenbaugh. This HAS to be the result of being unable to correctly read the original document. This Lydia Ann was my grandmother and my mother always told us her mother's maiden name was Krichbaum. I have found, on the internet, a GEDCOM which traces the family to Hans Kriechbaum in 1565 and have contacted Michael Bowen, the originator. It has much the same data as you have but I need to tie in my Lydia Ann with your family. Here is a list of her children with Fred Martin.

George Martin
Marion Martin
Fred Martin
Alice Martin m. Forest Foster
Edith Martin M. Thomas Garner
Elizabeth Martin m. Unknown Egner
Mollie Martin m. George Freeman
May Martin b. 10-22-1887, m John Thomas Towns ( my parents)
Charles Martin m Etta Price (?)

Thank you very much for your response. If you are interested I can give you more information about Michael Bowen. Let me know if it looks like we are in the same family. The facts seem almost too much to be a coincidence. I have a photo of the "Martin girls" which mentions an Aunt Della and I see there is also a Della Krichbaum, daughter of Moses. I need to do some further research on my own to see if I can connect without a doubt.

Thanks again
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com |  Privacy |  Terms and Conditions