Search for content in message boards

Benjamin of the Anthony Shaw family line

Benjamin of the Anthony Shaw family line

CassandraClarke51 (View posts)
Posted: 31 May 2004 6:49PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Shaw
Is anyone researching Benjamin Shaw or his sons; Sylvanus, Nathaniel, Noah, Barnabus, Benjamin, Asa or Remanual? I believe Stephen Shaw born in NY (parents born in Rhode Island) may be part of this family. Is there any new information on this family? Maybe a discussion of this family would help out some new researchers. Thanks, Sandi

Re: Benjamin of the Anthony Shaw family line

Shelly Smylie (View posts)
Posted: 1 Jun 2004 10:27PM GMT
I have a grandmother named Sylvia who's mother was Etta Mae Shaw who had a father Ben Shaw. I do not know of Etta Shaw's brothers but it would explain how my grandmother got the name Sylvia (possible from an uncle or even a great uncle, Sylvanus?) and being those times when parents had many children). Etta Shaw was born in Randall, Minnesota in 1886 and then she immigrated to Canada in 1910. What time era are you refering to about Ben Shaw and his sons?

SandiClarke10 (View posts)
Posted: 2 Jun 2004 3:13AM GMT
Edited: 25 Aug 2004 7:37PM GMT
I am looking for a match for my 2 gr. grandfather, whose birth I estimate to be about 1797 in New York state. Sandi

Nansback775 (View posts)
Posted: 28 Aug 2004 1:13AM GMT
Edited: 6 Nov 2004 12:24AM GMT
Looking for info on Benam? , Banam,?Shaw, approx. timeline 1750s? Any help? Thanks Pat

DeniseElliott22 (View posts)
Posted: 19 Jan 2007 7:50PM GMT
Surnames: Shaw, Elliott
I have an article and a little info on Benham/Bonham Shaw. Please contact me if you are still researching this line. I believe his wife was Mary Elliott, which is my primary research line.

epat162 (View posts)
Posted: 28 Jul 2007 3:29AM GMT
Surnames: shaw, elliott
hello- I have been working on the benham shaw & mary elliot line for 30 years..Cannnot find his father-Benham came from pa in 1779 down the ohio river with a group of baptists. any help appreciated..my other posts are maple meadows and nansback . Pat

epat162 (View posts)
Posted: 28 Jul 2007 3:29AM GMT
Surnames: shaw, elliott
hello- I have been working on the benham shaw & mary elliot line for 30 years..Cannnot find his father-Benham came from pa in 1779 down the ohio river with a group of baptists. any help appreciated..my other posts are maple meadows and nansback . Pat

DeniseElliott22 (View posts)
Posted: 29 Jul 2007 12:12AM GMT
Surnames: Shaw, Elliott
Hi Pat, I am really glad to hear from you as I am at a total dead end here and would be very interested in comparing notes with you about Benham Shaw. Do you know where in PA he was from and which group of Baptists he journeyed to KY with? He appears early in the tax lists and I have two articles about him you might not have. Also some land records. Maybe if we put our heads together we can figure out his parents, etc. Some of my research is on the pages here:
http://dmes1.home.mindspring.com/research.htm and I look forward to hearing from you. You can also contact me at d m e s @ mindspring.com (without the spaces). Thanks, great to get a reply!
Attachments:

epat162 (View posts)
Posted: 29 Jul 2007 3:55AM GMT
Hi there- It is a pleasure to meet up with anybody that is interested in Benham Shaw, let alone working on the line!!terrific!!It has been an ongoing project for 30 years to find him..I have proved that he established the city of lietchfield ky and have an Ky highway historical marker erected there in 1992. That town rightfully should have been called Shaws Station, as I proved the station existed in 1779-1780!Anyway, he came down the ohio river from either greene or washington county pa, near the mongolehia river , where he lived with the other baptists parties of vanmeter, and brown, and elliott, and others. Do you have this information? or have you any on shaw in pa,- that is what I desperately seek! I would be glad to help in any way I can , as you are the only person I have ever heard of looking for benham.Do you think as I do that that could be hismothers maiden name? anyway again, thank you sooo much for your reply.my email is epat@bardstowncable.net.I live in Bardstown, kentucky-where are you?God Bless..Pat

epat162 (View posts)
Posted: 29 Jul 2007 2:09PM GMT
Hi Sandi,
What time frame are we into here regarding this Benjamin Shaw? 1700s , 1800s? Where did you get your information ?None of those names sounds familiar to my reseraching but that doesn ot mean they are not related along the lines.Please sendmore information and I will see if anything hooksup on my end.Pat
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com |  Privacy |  Terms and Conditions