Search for content in message boards

Mallorys of Yorkshire

Mallorys of Yorkshire

RKMONTG342 (View posts)
Posted: 17 Dec 1998 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 12 May 2004 3:21PM GMT
My name is Karen Foster Montgomery and my husband and I live in Sugar Land, Texas. My husband has the Mallory descendancy.
We have a little information tracking to Rev. Thomas Mallory, son of Thomas Mallory, Dean of Chesire, bapt. at Davenham, Aug 27, 1605. The father of Dean Mallory, was Sir William, of Studley and Hutton. In 1585, Sir William was
M.P. for Yorkshire. (I'm reading from my notes, but don't see a definition of MP)

bye for now,
Karen

Dean Thomas Mallory

amoliann (View posts)
Posted: 24 Jan 1999 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 29 Jun 2001 5:38AM GMT
Surnames: mallory
MP stands for Member of Parliament. You can find lots of information about William in Shiela Mallory Smiths "History of the Mallory Family". And the family can be traced back all the way to Charlemagne. Your husband has quite a few royal families in his background!

Mallory royalty?

claudiareeves (View posts)
Posted: 12 Jun 1999 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 7 Jul 2001 5:26PM GMT
Surnames: Mallory, Batte, Chamberlayne
Hi, I would like to know more about your Charlemagne reference.*My Martha Mallory found here emigrated to Amer. with Capt. John Batte.Have some of her lineage down to Ga. area......."Chamberlayne" has a few Kings/Queens of Eng. etc. and "Mallory" has Dean Thomas Mallory and many more working back, according to info here. Has anyone found the illustrious author of Arthur-- Sir Thomas Mallory's descendancy yet??? Thanks for any info, Claudia.....

Charlemagne

MSmith0361 (View posts)
Posted: 15 Oct 2000 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 6 Feb 2005 8:18AM GMT
Surnames: Mallory, Pond
There are three researched connections to the Emperor of the Holy Roman Empire....(1)Through Anketil Mallory b. abt 1340 who married Alice DeDriby... (2)Sir William...ggggrandfather of the Sir William father of Thomas. the sr. William m. Dionysia Tempest..a descendent of Charlemagne through the royal family of Scotland and which includes Duncan, Kings of Scots who was murdered by Macbeth...and (3)through Elizabeth Trowbridge who was second wife of Peter Mallory in America. Mallory Smith...

Re: Mallorys of Yorkshire

Smoky309 (View posts)
Posted: 22 Mar 2013 2:48AM GMT
I am trying to fine some information on Joseph Willam Foster.He was born in England and he married to Violet Annie Cattereall.He was born in 1895 died in 1973 and would like some information. I am hoping that someone could help me on this.
Thank You Chloe
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com |  Privacy |  Terms and Conditions