Search for content in message boards

The WELLBORNE Family of DONCASTER

The WELLBORNE Family of DONCASTER

Harry Wellborne (View posts)
Posted: 28 Nov 1998 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: WELLBORNE, CROWDER, HIRST, JACKSON, PALMER, ACROYD
Interested in finding descendants and ancestors of the above named families who are asssociated with the Wellborne family of Doncaster Yorkshire. Richard Wellborne, by trade a Glover, moved to Doncaster Ca. 1795 and spent the next 37 years there. By 1807, he is recorded as licensee of the "Jolly Bachus" inn in Frenchgate, but by 1812 is shown as a wholesale Wine snd Spirit Merchant.
CROWDER, Isaac & Mary Lived in High Melton & Doncaster Ca. 1770 to 1820.
JACKSON, Benjamin, Yoeman, died Wadworth Parish Ca. 1830
PALMER, Living at Fleet Mills, Methley Nr. Leeds Ca 1870.
ACROYD, Living in Skellow Ca. 1820 to 1880.

Re: The WELLBORNE Family of DONCASTER

Barb (View posts)
Posted: 13 Apr 2004 1:17AM GMT
Surnames: BROOKS; BROOKE; FOGG
Hi Harry,

Hope you are still monitoring the board. I have just found the marriage of a William Brooks to Eliza Fogg of Frenchgate, Doncaster, York. I can find no reference to Franchgate other than yours. Can you tell me where Frenchgate was/is? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

lynxafrica (View posts)
Posted: 21 Jun 2006 8:44AM GMT
Surnames: Bolton Emmerson Densham Cresswell Crea
I have a Charles Wellborne 1812 born in Doncaster. Married Elizabeth (Unknown).

Two children that I know of: Jane A Wellborne 1854 Camberwell Surrey and Harry de Montfort Wellborne 1859 Camberwell Surrey.

I believe Charles' father to be a Richard.

apasslow (View posts)
Posted: 15 Jun 2009 5:03AM GMT
Hope you are still working on these families. I am descended from Hannah Jackson who married Thomas Amory Acroyd in 1948. She was the daughter of Benjamin Jackson and his wife Hannah. Thomas was the son of William Acroyd, a farmer in Skellow.

Hannah later married William Palmer, after her first husband Thomas died. Hannah's sister and her daughter both married Wellbourne men.

My ggrandfather was Charles Acroyd who came out to Australia. I am very keen to exchange information on any of these families.

Hoping we can speak

Leone

Benelatus99 (View posts)
Posted: 13 Jul 2009 7:57PM GMT
Surnames: Wellborne Halbert
Hallo,

I too am descended from the Wellbornes of Doncaster, and have a deal of information about the family.

Such info as I have is for personal use only, but I'm willing to share the info I have, provided it isn't for publication on the Internet, or anywhere else

best wishes
Harry
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com |  Privacy |  Terms and Conditions