Search for content in message boards

family that might have lived next door or known Nawoj's

family that might have lived next door or known Nawoj's

TomonV (View posts)
Posted: 12 Mar 2013 3:14PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Nawoj, Kocaj, Semon Beilak, Walenia
MY Grandmother was Marianna Kocaj then married Jacob Semon in Poland had 2 children, Pauline and Antoni. Arrived in Washington in 1907, not with children or spouse, either widowed, divoriced or just left, (cant find records). Married Anthoni Nawoj in 1909. Lived in Washington until 1911 when my mother was born (in West Virginia). First daughter was born in Washington in 1910. Have them on the censes records for 1910. And I know they went back to Poland where Marianna died. They lived on Summerlean?? Avenue in Washington. Washington borough. Next door lived John Bielak and sister-in-law Nellie Walenia, Caroline Walenia lived with the Nawojs' Does this ring a bell with anyone? A. Nawoj worked at the Tim Mill then. Virginia

Marriage- Frank NAWOJ to Julia KOCAJ

jamedlin1 (View posts)
Posted: 14 Mar 2013 7:18PM GMT
Classification: Marriage
*Possible lead*

Marriage

Frank Nawoj
Julia Kocaj

License #24014
Marriage date- July 27, 1914
Washington County, PA

~*~

Marriage info found online- (3 documents/pages)-
https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.3.1/TH-267-12053-42542-54?...

Name: Frank Nawoj

Titles and Terms:
Event Type: Marriage
Event Date: 27 Jul 1914
Event Place: Washington, Pennsylvania, United States
Birth Year (Estimated): 1892
Father's Name: Martin Nawoj

Father's Titles and Terms:
Mother's Name: Mary Korysiak

Mother's Titles and Terms:
Spouse's Name: Julia Kocaj
Spouse's Titles and Terms:
Spouse's Age: 21
Spouse's Birth Year (Estimated): 1893
Spouse's Father's Name: Tony Kocaj

Spouse's Father's Titles and Terms:
Spouse's Mother's Name: Poroska Seleman

Spouse's Mother's Titles and Terms:
Reference ID: 24014
GS Film number: 1852530
Digital Folder Number: 004473719
Image Number: 01362
~*~

Citing this Record
(Source)
"Pennsylvania, County Marriages, 1885-1950," index and images, FamilySearch (https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.1.1/VFQ3-4XP : accessed 14 Mar 2013), Frank Nawoj and Julia Kocaj, 1914.

Re: Marriage- Frank NAWOJ to Julia KOCAJ

TomonV (View posts)
Posted: 16 Mar 2013 2:11AM GMT
thank you very much for the help, Julia was Mariann's sister and Frank was Antony's Brother. I can't find the immigration record for Mariann. She was a Semon then. and then in 1909 She married Antony Nawoj. She immigrated in 1907 according to the 1910 censes. Virginia

Carrie Ann Navoy (View posts)
Posted: 15 Oct 2013 12:37AM GMT
Frank Nawoj was my great grandfather and he married Julia .. My grandfatherr Carl Nawoj lived in Washington, PA.. I would appreciate it if you had any information about where Julia came from in Poland... We have no I information about before they came to America.. I know Frank Nawoj is listed as arriving on a boat and possibly passing through Ellis Island .. My father changed his name to Navoy. After it was written like that on his birth certificate so people could pronounce the last name..

My name is Carrie Ann Navoy

TomonV (View posts)
Posted: 15 Oct 2013 4:15PM GMT
Classification: Lookup
Hello, Frank Nawoj was my Great Uncle. I remember, as a child, when we wen to Washington to visit my Mother' sister,(Pauline Pliska), he would always give us Silver Dollars. My dilemma
is trying to find julia's (Kocaj) sister, who is my Grandmother. Her name is Mary, (Marianne)
she wasn't with the family. She arrived in 1907, She was then a Semon. But married a Anthony Nawoj (My grandfather) returned to Poland, Majdan Golczanski, (Austria), Mala Polska after having my Aunt and mother, a year apart. They must have left the US in about 1912 or 13. I have no records of her leaving or coming. Nothing really to connect her to the Kocaj family, except her last name and that her son, Tony Semon is my Mother's 1/2 brother and he said he was a cousin to the Kocaj. On to your dilemma, Julia Kocaj was born in Sanok, Poland on May 25, 1892. Sail on the SS Prinz Friedrich Wilhelm from Bremen Germany , arriving in New York on July 25 1910. Her father was Tony Kocaj and Her mother was Poroska Selewara. Her father was already deceased when she married on July 27, 1914.I do have pictures of the wedding.
Hope I helped! Virginia Virginianne@cox.net

Carrie Ann Navoy (View posts)
Posted: 16 Oct 2013 2:26AM GMT
I find it so interesting that you knew my great grand father... I never met him as he died before I was born, but it's funny you mention the silver Dollars... My grandfather Carl was always giving us silver dollars as a child. Even though I am polish I do not know a lot about that side of family as far as culture l eat the food.. But that's it. I would love to see pictures of JaJa that's what they called him. Maybe you can scan them so send to my address a copy

As far as your story, I am sorry I can't help you, I only know that my grandfathers sister Stella is the only one still living. So did your mother share any stories of why her mother left so suddenly...she never heard from her again. That is really interesting. I see from several records that Franks brother Anthoni was listed on ships several times as a passenger . It seems he liked to travel more than Frank did. And Anthoni was older and came after Frank I learned that from ship records.

I am so glad you knew so much about my great grandfather and great grandmother things I never
Even knew or my father.. Thanks soooo much for sharing.

My dad was Gary Nawoj. Changed to Navoy on birth certificate to pronounce it

I was able to find a record for Anthoni Nawoj and it said he returned to America in June of 1913... It said he left. His wife Marianna Nawoj In Majdan.. If she was in Poland than who raised your mom.. Something must have happened for her to leave her children
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com |  Privacy |  Terms and Conditions