Search for content in message boards

Family Tree is stunted. HELP!

Family Tree is stunted. HELP!

William Sherman Dunn (View posts)
Posted: 22 Apr 1999 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: DUNN, COMER
This is my biggest dead-end of all. Please help if you are able. Thanks.

My grandfather, Elbert Lee DUNN(b.11Feb1906d.27Apr1965)is buried in Mt. Tabor cemetery in Douglas Co. MO. By the way, I have found Mt. Tabor Church listed on the USGS website but not the cemetery. What's up with that? My grandpa's parents were William Sherman DUNN and Almarinda Bessie COMER. All I know of them is that William Sherman was a surveyor for much of Taney Co., MO and that he is buried in a cemetery on the COMER farm. I saw the grave when I was a teenager. Elbert Lee DUNN's siblings were:

1.Roy DUNN, married to Mabel, lived in Metroplis, IL, had a daughter named Mabel Inez who married a federal judge named Jim FOREMAN.

2.John DUNN, a well-known educator who's wife Elva started the pilot program for "new math."

3.Ada CASEY, married to "Doc," a much older man, and had 3 children: Earlaine, D.D., and John.

4.Maude DIXON (b.23Mar1899 d.Dec1971 Ava, MO, married to Ernest who had a brother Ruse DIXON.They had 2 children: son,Truman DIXON (b.4Dec1932 d.15Jun1996 Springfield, MO) who married Juanita CORNETT and daughter Alma Lou WHITAKER who married Bill WHITAKER.

5.Edith CUSTER, married Raymond CUSTER who later married Ruth CUSTER.

6.Addie DUNN, died in infancy.

7.Lois WHITAKER (b.17Jun1903 d.Jun1983 Ava, MO) married Herman WHITAKER and had Pauline CHANCE. Pauline had Larry CHANCE who married Debbie.Aunt Lois resided just outside Brownbranch, Taney Co., MO.

Comer

Bill Dunn (View posts)
Posted: 15 Oct 2000 12:00PM GMT
Thalia,

Yes I do. I have come a long way since that first request for information. It is easier just to tell you to visit my GEDCOm online at: http://worldconnect.genealogy.rootsweb.com/cgi-bin/igm.cgi?d... and search for Almarinda Comer who died in Douglas Co., MO.

Bill

Comer

tmbrown31 (View posts)
Posted: 15 Oct 2000 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 22 Jun 2001 8:49PM GMT
Surnames: Comer
Do you have any idea where and when your grandmother was born?

per page

Find a board about a specific topic

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com |  Privacy |  Terms and Conditions