Search for content in message boards

Cemeteries NSW

Cemeteries NSW

oscar942 (View posts)
Posted: 10 Sep 2009 11:52AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Seears
Does anyone have the locations or layouts of the following Cemeteries.

Cooma

Berridale

Dalgety

Bombala

Delegate

Any info at all would be appreciated.

Re: Cemeteries NSW

jhcoota (View posts)
Posted: 23 Sep 2009 3:30AM GMT
Google is the best way to find locations.

What specific names are you searching for in which cemeteries?

Jenny

oscar942 (View posts)
Posted: 23 Sep 2009 4:25AM GMT
Surnames: Seears
Jenny,
I have got some info from google and also from a few of the shires, the ones that i'm still looking into are the towns of Berridale,Dalgety & Delegate all areas around the snowy region, the surname in all cemeteries is the same either SEEAR OR SEEARS.

Regards,
Moya.

jhcoota (View posts)
Posted: 23 Sep 2009 4:38AM GMT
Dear Moya,

I will check out my local library research room, and get back to you in a few days.

Jenny.

oscar942 (View posts)
Posted: 23 Sep 2009 5:09AM GMT
Surnames: seear
Jenny,
I thank you and it is much appreciated,we are coming down from Qld, and heading to the area's i've mentioned around the end of Oct so any info at all will be helpful.

Regards,
Moya.

jhcoota (View posts)
Posted: 26 Sep 2009 3:08AM GMT
Dear Moya. Please see information below.

“Monumental Inscriptions Monaro – The Heraldry and Genealogy Society of Canberra”

Berridale Cemetery – next to the Anglican Church of St Mary, near the Gegedzerick homestead. The cemetery is approx 2 kms east of Berridale, a township on the Monaro, between Cooma and Jindabyne.

Seears, William died 22 March 1913 aged 75 years; also Annie died 15 February 1903 aged 65 years.

Seears, Henry Neil, died 6 June 1926.

Delegate – none

Dalgety – none

Belmore Station is approximately 34 kms south east of Dalgety. There are six graves all up, which are related to the one Seears family. This is how the information is presented in the book.

1 (a) EMANUEL Edith Esther, 12 March 1868-13 July 19411. (This error is in the book). Wife of Maurice EMANUEL eldest daughter of John and Sarah SEEARS, mother of Eileen, Una and Ranald (sic)
(b) MOYES Eileen Edith. Daughter of Maurice and Edith EMANUEL, wife of Cecil MOYES and mother of David. Metal plaque on back of headstone (a).
(c) UGLOW-COITE Una Ruth, Second daughter of Maurice and Edith EMANUEL, and wife of William UGLOW-COITE. Metal plaque on back of headstone (a).

2 SEEARS John, died 8 Feb 1909 aged 66 years; also his wife Sarah, died 14 Sept 1928 aged 83 years.
PEDEN (Plaque on headstone); also their grandson Maurice Ranald (sic) PEDEN, son of Maurice and Edith EMANUEL, brother of Eileen and Una, husband of Margaret, father of John and Gwen, 1905-1974.
(Local informant indicated M.R. Peden changed his name from EMANUEL to PEDEN at the time of his marriage).

3 THOMPSON Florence Amelia (Millie), died 4 Nov 1937, wife of P.A. THOMPSON, and daughter of John and Sarah SEEARS

4 THOMPSON Percy A.A., died 7 Oct 1943, husband of Millie

5 SEEARS Rita Elwyn, died 26 Sept 1916 aged 7 ½ years. “Our Daughter”

6 One unmarked grave

Bungarby Church memorials in the Anglican church. Bungarby is a settlement about 36kms south-east of Dalgety.

Inscription on altar cross – SEEARS – In memory of John SEEARS.

Tablet on south wall – SEEARS – In memory of John SEEARS, founder and for many years Warden of this church, died 8 Feb 1909. Erected by his wife and children..

Tablet on south wall – SEEARS – In memory of Sarah SEEARS, wife of John SEEARS, born at Bungarby, died 14 Sept 1928. Erected by her children.

Also from Cooma General Cemetery Church Inscriptions – same book as above. I ran out of time, and only quickly copied the following. Names and dates of death only. Let me know if you don’t have these details already, and I will complete the details.

Seears, Ethel 1932 and
Seears, Henry Joseph 1942

Seears, Margaret 1956
Seears, Percy Thomas 1975

Seears, Vonnie 1973
Seears, Max 1965

Seears, Patricia Joan

Seears, Bernard James 1968

Seears, Ina Mary 1956
Seears, Ellen Elizabeth 1960
Seears, Edith Olive 1964
Seears, Bertie Edwin 1966
Seears, Richard Henry 1959
Seears, John Joseph 1960

Seears, Arthur 1968 55th Btn AIF

At Maffra Church, 20kms south east of Dalgety.
Roll of Honour – Seears, A.H.

Hope this is of use to you.

Best wishes,

Jenny.

oscar942 (View posts)
Posted: 26 Sep 2009 8:22AM GMT
Surnames: seears
Jenny,
Thank you for the added info you have supplied, all the Cooma one's line up with what we had,but from the Monaro pioneers site i have found this in relation to Delegate & Dalgety,

13 F v. Annie Jane Seears was born on February 2, 1871 in Cooma, NSW, died on October 6, 1956 in Delegate, NSW42 at age 85, and was buried on October 11, 1956 in Delegate Cemetery, NSW Grave 144.

5. John Seears (George1) was born in 1842 in Milton Bryant, Bedfordshire, England, died on February 8, 1909 in North Sydney, NSW7 at age 67, and was buried in Belmore Station near Dalgety, NSW Grave 2.

7. Henry Seears (George1) was born in 1847 in Milton Bryant, Bedfordshire, England, died on July 18, 1904 in Mount Pleasant Station Dalgety, NSW9 at age 57, and was buried in Mount Pleasant Station Dalgety Cemetery, NSW Grave 1a.

Maybe John Seears is buried on a private property !!!

Once again thank you very much for your continued help,

Moya.

per page

Find a board about a specific topic

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com |  Privacy |  Terms and Conditions