Search for content in message boards

John S Goforth of John S Gofourth

John S Goforth of John S Gofourth

kcofbess (View posts)
Posted: 14 Nov 2003 6:14PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Gofourth or Goforth
I am looking for information on John S Goforth or John S Gofourth ,we were led to believe he was native american , we believe he was born around 1815 died aug 10 1889, he married Sarah Frances Galbreath (Elmore ) she was married to a Calvin Elmore before marrying .John & Sarah were married in dandridge tenn june 29 1859,they had 3 children which I have all information on them but can find nothing on John or his parentage,we also believe John was married to a Caroline F.A .before his marriage to Sarah. John & this Caroline are buried at the new market presbyterian cemetery in new market tenn ,while Sarah is buried at the methodist church cemetery in rutledge tenn along with their son John Arther Goforth ,if there is anyone out there who could help with finding out John who John,s parents were it would be greatly appreciatted ,we have been trying for years to find information on them & no one in our family or the Galbreath ,Cunningham or Peck branch know anything on John ,thanks for your time sincerly Kimberly DeWitt Clark

Re: John S Goforth of John S Gofourth

ruthwright1946 (View posts)
Posted: 12 Dec 2010 6:27PM GMT
Classification: Query
picture entitled gorforth/head family apprared on my tree.names listed:gorforths-john and jess and wife.heads listed-george,jim,marion,mary,julie robertson,dora .my relatives are heads. need to know if the gorforths are kin. my head kin came from va.north&south carolina and tenn.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com |  Privacy |  Terms and Conditions