Search for content in message boards

Mullins

Mullins

Betty Burr (View posts)
Posted: 30 Jul 2000 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Obituary
Surnames: Mullins, Flowers, Harris, Kearney, Grigg, Graham
Attica Indianna July 25, 2000
Kinley (Knoxie)"Moon" Mullins,( son Of Johnnie "Briss" Mullins and Lou Taylor Mullins Pickett Co Tn.), 80, of 1218 S. Perry St., died at 12:20 p.m., Tuesday, July 25,2000, in the Veterans Administration Medical Center in Danville, Ill. He had been ill for the past eight years.
Mr. Mullins retired from Harrison Steel Castings Co., where he worked 28 years.
Born March 2, 1920 in Stockton Illinois, he attended schools in Rossville Ill., lived in Attica Ind. most of his life. He married Rhoda Cross on Sept. 15,1951 in Frogue,Ky, she survives.
Mr Mullins was affiliated with the Methodist church and was a life member of Veterans of Foreign Wars Post 3318. He entered the Army on Jan. 26, 1940 and was a veteran of both World War II and the Korean War. He enjoyed fishing, cars, and citizen band radio.
Surviving with his wife are a daughter, Mary Lou Campbell(husband James) of Attica; a son John J. Mullins (wife Sally A.) of Oxford; three sisters, Betty Burr and Pauline Newcomb, both of Liberal, Ks. and Katie Owens, of Florida.

In Memory Of Kinley "Moon" Mullins

Date of Birth

March 2, 1920

Date of Death

July 25, 2000

Father, Johnnie Spencer Mullins

Mother, Bessie Lou Taylor Mullins
Survivers: Wife Rhoda (Cross) Mullins, One son, John J. Mullins; One Daughter, Mary Lou Campbell; three sisters, Betty Mullins Leatherman Burr, Pauline Newcomb, Katie Owens;
two grandchildren, Derek Campbell, Shawn Mullins; two Step-grandchildren, Jerimiah and Josh Hall, Two Gr- Grandchildren, Lindsey and Allison Campbell; One Step- Great-Grandchild, Cody Hall.

Date and Hour of Service

Friday, July 28, 2000

12:00 Noon

Held At

Maus Funeral Home

Clergy Officiating

Rev. Bob Hamblen

Place of Interment

Riverside Cemetary

Attica Indiana

Military Graveside Services

V.F.W. Post #3318

Arrangements By

Maus Funeral Home-Attica,Indiana

The Best

God saw he was getting tired,

and a cure was not to be , so

He put His arms around him

And said, "Come with Me."

With tearful eyes we watched him

Suffer and fade away,

Although we couldn't bear to lose

him, We would not bid him stay.

A golden heart stopped beating,

hard working hands laid to rest.

God broke our hearts to prove to

us,

HE ONLY TAKES THE BEST.

Re: Mullins

Jimmy L Mullins (View posts)
Posted: 8 Jan 2004 1:38AM GMT
Classification: Query
Hi, I believe I am a realtive of Johnny "Briss". My father Hershel Mullins son of Johnson Mullins has mentioned him when I was young.

Jimmy

carrelldavidson39 (View posts)
Posted: 14 May 2009 1:02AM GMT
jimmy, I beleive we are related also. I remember my mom speak of Johnson and my sister Pauline remembered Hershel. Pauline has since passed away.She is buried in Mullins cemetery Red Hill Byrdstown. Mom & Dad Had 8 kids down to 2 now- Me- Betty and sister Katie the youngest. Drop me a line Betty Leatherman 1400 S Salisbury Spencer NC 28159 or crdavids gmail . com

John J Mullins (View posts)
Posted: 5 Sep 2009 5:20PM GMT
I see your post has been here for a while. My name is John Mullins. My grangpa was Johnny Briss Mullins. Hence,,,my name,,Johnny,,which I go by John.I live in Lafayette,In

John J Mullins (View posts)
Posted: 5 Sep 2009 7:14PM GMT
I must also add,,,I have just now found after all these years,,the very nice eulogy my Aunt Betty has posted on this site about my dad Kinley. reminds me how much I miss him. If you read this Aunt Betty,,,,,,,,Thank You,,,,John Mullins

Anonymous (View posts)
Posted: 22 Feb 2014 5:33AM GMT
Hello, my name is jacquelyn. Betty, Pauline, and Katie are my great aunts their sister Ora was my grandmother and so that must make us kin as well. I have been trying to reach my family but I haven't been able til now. I would like to get know y'all more. so comment back please.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com |  Privacy |  Terms and Conditions