Search for content in message boards

George Washington Myers and Lillie Pearl Snow

George Washington Myers and Lillie Pearl Snow

MichaelEdwards962 (View posts)
Posted: 29 May 2002 4:14AM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 29 May 2002 4:43AM GMT
Surnames: MYERS, SNOW, CUDE
Looking for any info on George Washington Myers and Lillie Pearl Snow, parents of Lenora who married Earl Cude.
Thanks.

Re: George Washington Myers and Lillie Pearl Snow

MichaelEdwards881 (View posts)
Posted: 29 May 2002 1:08PM GMT
Edited: 21 Jun 2002 3:58AM GMT
Surnames: Myers, Snow
This would be in Texas. Lenora was born 1912.

CyndyandLeonard (View posts)
Posted: 29 May 2002 7:01PM GMT
Edited: 22 Mar 2003 2:06PM GMT
Surnames: Myers
I haven't had a chance to do any research on this line, but I do know that George Washington is a prevelant name in our ancestry. There is a Snow/Myers connection in Wichita County, Tx., settled in a community near Electra. I thought I had kept the source for further research, because it is connected to my line.
My line beginning with George Washington Myers b. 1820 GA. m. Nicie Dorsey Price (Nicie was found in the 1880 Hill County, TX. census with several of her children around her.)
Children:
James Alexander b. 1842
Daniel H. b. 1844
Joseph S. b. 1846
William Robert b. 1848, Ala.(This is my line.) He first married Margaret Adaline Griffith and in 1880 married Julia Emma Coody).
Dector Thomas 1849
Elijah1850
Thomas Melton 1854
Andrew W. 1856
George W. 1858
Buddy L. 1861
Felix Melvin (It is this Felix Melvin who settle near Electra and married into the Snow family. The Snow's settled there also.
I will try to find my source, if this sounds like your line.
Cyndy

Posted: 31 May 2002 3:34PM GMT
Thanks for the reply.
All I have is some handwritten notes from my father. They include the following:
G. W. Myers 81, White Oak Baptist Church in Thicket born in Montgomery Co., resident of Hull (?) for 40 yrs ... survived by two sons - John of Thicket, Curtiss of Longview - daughters Syble Brown, Mary Flowers, Lenora Cude (my grandmother) Zennia Loftin. G. W.'s siblings Lee, Frank, Jim, Alice, Ada, Lulubelle married John Darnell from Straum (?). Then there is Lenora's mother, Lillie Pearl Snow. All of this is in Texas.
If any of this is familiar then we may have a connection.
Thanks Mike

CyndyandLeonard (View posts)
Posted: 4 Jun 2002 12:41PM GMT
Edited: 22 Mar 2003 2:06PM GMT
Could that be Hall? My Myers came from Hall County, Georgia. With Abraham Myers and Sarah Roberson/Robertson son of Jacob Myers and Margaret as early as 1820, but probably earlier, maybe as early as 1790. Following with John Myers and Nancy Mullins, then George Washington Myers and Nicie D. Price, then William Robert Myers and Margaret A. Griffith and Julia Emma Coody, then George Washington Myers and Emma Dugat and Pluma Neely King, then my father in law: Wilson Robert Myers and Bonnie Luvenia Weatherred and then my husband: Leonard Wayne Myers and myself Cynthia A. Whitley. By 1850, these Myers were in Walker County Al. By 1880 Nicie and children at least had gone to Texas, Hill County.

Posted: 4 Jun 2002 1:05PM GMT
Surnames: MYERS, SNOW, CUDE
Hi Cyndy, Made contact with some younger Myers related to Lenora (my grandmother) in Brady, TX. They don't have any info for me but have referred me to the last contact who knew Lenora and her family. She lives in California and I have not heard from her yet. Will keep you posted on any new developments.
Lenora Myers Cude and I spent a lot of time together before she died but I never asked questions then about her family. I do know that she was not fond of G. W.'s second wife and I don't know her name.
Mike

Leonard D. Myers, Jr. (View posts)
Posted: 12 Jun 2002 2:58PM GMT
I am very interested in the Hall County, Georgia connection, as my myers line is from there.
1850 - Abner Minor Myers married Sarah Sears in Habersham County, Georgia. - ggggrandparents
I understand from others that Abner's father was supposedly John Myers. Abner indicated he was from South Carolina. In the 1850s, Abner Myers and John Myers owned land in Habersham County (present day White County). Abner Myers is buried in a family cemetery, in the woods on the property that was formally known as the "Abner Myers Homeplace."

1851 - Esley Burns Myers born (my gggrandfather) - lived and died in Hall County, Georgia - co-founded Skitts Mountain Baptist Church. He lived a full life in either White County or Hall County. When he died, he was buried in the Skitts Mtn. Baptist Church Cemetery.

1885 - William Jennings Myers born (my ggrandfather). He traveled a little during his life, living in S.C. while working in mills, and Hall County, Jackson County, and other surrounding counties while working in mills. He died in Sept., 1975. He, too, was buried at Skitts Mtn. Bapt. Church.

His son, Dewey Grant Myers, my grandfather, died on month later.

Please contact me with your information about the Hall county, Georgia Myers.

Thanks..... Len

FayeShaw50 (View posts)
Posted: 6 Jun 2004 10:18PM GMT
Surnames: Myers
I am interested in your Myers from GA. My great grandfather James N. Myers, born in 1818 came from GA down into FL. I don't know who his father or grandfather was so I am trying to find some connections. If you can help me I would be very appreciative.
Reply to: gatorfan@sunnyfla.net

Thnaks.

cgm194 (View posts)
Posted: 1 May 2012 3:20AM GMT
George Washington Myers was my grandfather. He was born in Montgomery County, Texas. He was first married to Lillie Pearl Myers and later to Jessie Lenore Jones. George, Pearl and Jessie are buried in Felps Cemetery in Hardin County, Texas. George's parents were Marion John Myers, b. SC, and Sarah Elizabeth Love, b. Tennessee. I'm not yet totally sure, but I believe Sarah's parents were G.W. Snow and Mary. I have a virtual cemetery started on www.findagrave.com. E-mail me if you would like to have the link. I also have a couple of census records from Montgomery County and another place they lived in the early 1900's. I'll try to locate them. Also, have a death cert or two as well. Like you I understand there was a lot of friction within the family and I try not to open any old wounds, but am quite interested in knowing my roots.

cgm194 (View posts)
Posted: 1 May 2012 3:33AM GMT
Correction: George Washington Myers father was named Marion Francis Myers, b. 1835 SC and d. 1912 Hardin County, Texas. His wife Sarah Elizabeth Love Myers was b. 1847 Tenn., d. 1921 Texas- dates per grave marker.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com |  Privacy |  Terms and Conditions