Search for content in message boards

Elliott/Ellett Pulaski county

Elliott/Ellett Pulaski county

Lori Ellett Street (View posts)
Posted: 8 Dec 2002 10:06PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Ellett Elliott Clark Sledge
Need info on Brooks Elliott/Ellett who married Martha Patsy Clark on 12-22-1819 in Pulaski county, she was daughter of Cornelius Clark and Amy Sledge, Martha was born on 11-23-1807. Their children were Delane b 1830. John b 1840, F.B. or Fountain Brooks b 1835, William b 1845. They had some daughters also, names unknown. Any help on Brooks or Martha would help.

Re: Elliott/Ellett Pulaski county

norrislw (View posts)
Posted: 29 Jan 2004 11:56AM GMT
Classification: Query
I read your posting and I think we are related. William W. Elliott was my great great grandfather. I recently ran across a county biography of him published in 1913 that lists him as the son of Brooks Elliott and Martha Elliott. Williams W. Elliott was a civil war veteran. He was born in 1845 and raised by his sister, Mrs. John Bradley. The biography identifies his parents as being originally from and Kentucky and later from Morgan County, Indiana.

The biography also indicates that William's father died about a month after his birth and that his mother died a short time later. It is my belief that he moved to Iowa with his sister (Mr. John Bradley) and was raised by her in Appanoose and Wayne Counties, Iowa. I think the narrative indicates that he came to Iowa when he was 9.

Have you been able to track down the final destination of Brooks Elliott? From my article it would appear that they were last in Morgan County, Indiana where William W. was born. If I could find a death certificate for him here locally, that might inidicate his place of birth. It would appear that Martha Patsey Clark was William's mother and there is quite a bit of information available on her side of the family.

per page

Find a board about a specific topic

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com |  Privacy |  Terms and Conditions