Search for content in message boards

McGinn - family

McGinn - family

bonniesfamilytree (View posts)
Posted: 25 Aug 1999 1:15PM GMT
Edited: 12 Oct 2001 9:39PM GMT
I am searching for any McGinns related to Hugh McGinn and Elliza Macaulay from Kircubbin County Down, Ireland and their son Samuel Horace McGinn - he married Minerva Ann Grattan - they had 7 children. I am a descendant and looking for my long lost cousins! Please e-mail me - I am Alexander Hugh McGinns Great Granddaughter.

Macaulay/McGinn connection

BLeach8972 (View posts)
Posted: 27 May 2001 8:44PM GMT
Edited: 24 Jun 2001 3:53AM GMT
Bonnie: I've just found this board and hope you are still around to get the answers. My great-grandfather was William John Macaulay (changed from McCauley about 1875) who was a brother to Elizabeth Liza McCauley who md. JOHN McGINN, had son Samuel Horace McGinn. The Macaulay's originated in Kircubbin, Co. Down, Ireland. I have some information on them if you would like. A cousin of my mother's (her side of the family) wrote a book about Wm. John and his wife and their families. Hopefully will hear from you.

Macaulay Connection!

bonniesfamilytree (View posts)
Posted: 28 May 2001 9:36PM GMT
Edited: 12 Oct 2001 9:39PM GMT
Beatrice!
Thank you for your response! YES, I'm still around and very interested in your research! Eliza Macaulay is the only family member that I have no information on! I do know that she married Hugh Mcginn and that she was born in 1822 and died in December 15, 1896 in Newton Kansas. Do you have other information? I would be thrilled to hear what you have!!!! My E-mail as shown above is: Bonsmail@yahoo.com
Please Please write to me!!!
Thank you
Bonnie Jones (Great, Great, Great Granddaughter to Hugh McGinn)

Re: McGinn - family

maggiemcginn56 (View posts)
Posted: 5 Jul 2003 1:24AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: McGinn
Hi Bonnie I already emailed you at the address you gave my brother Sean .
My parents are Mary and Leo John McGinn
his parents were Henry Arthur McGinn and Helena Drumgoole my brother Partick has pictures of the gravestones of all the ancestors buried on Amherst Island please contact me.
Thanks
Can't wait to hear
maggie

Bonnie Jones (View posts)
Posted: 5 Jul 2003 4:57PM GMT
Hi Maggie!

Its been awhile since I heard from anyone on this. This IS exciting! Are your Great Grandparents the siblings of Hugh McGinn? Write me back immediately so that we can connect! You can write me directly at my e-mail address: bonsmail@yahoo.com Looking forward to hearing from you!!! Bonnie

Bonnie Jones (View posts)
Posted: 5 Jul 2003 5:22PM GMT
Surnames: McGinn
2nd Message:

Maggie, I found your family in the tree I received from some other McGinns on Amherst Island but can you connect Hugh McGinn to them? This is the one piece of the puzzle I can't find - were there 3 brothers? Write me directly! Waiting to hear from you!!! Bonnie Jones

Maggie (View posts)
Posted: 10 Jul 2003 5:19AM GMT
Bonnie
I received your email and found this posting as well.
I am new to all this searching so I'm not much help, however I know that there has been extensive research done on the McMullen side (my grandmother Helena Drumgoole's family) As I mentioned my brother Patrick has pictures of all the McGinn gravestones so I will contact him for more info for you. We are not sure which county in Ireland are ancestors are from. We have heard that they were horsr traders and that there were three bothers who emigrated to North America. Sorry I can't help with the Hugh connection. I'll keep searching.
Maggie

Jonmarbren (View posts)
Posted: 18 Feb 2012 4:53PM GMT
Hugh McGinn married Elizabeth mccaulay who was born 1823. They had a son named Samuel who married Minerva grattan. They had a son named Clarence who married Beulah craycroft. They had a son named Hayes McGinn who married Agnes schaplowsky They had a son named Paul hayes and he is my dad! Hope that helps!

Re: McGINN - Family

jrmcginn1 (View posts)
Posted: 17 Apr 2012 7:01PM GMT
Edited: 18 Jul 2012 5:32AM GMT
Surnames: Magin, McGinnis, MaGin, McGinn
Hi
I hope the original posters are still around! 9 years!!
I was involved researching Amherst Is thinking, mistakenly as it turns out, that we might be descendents of Sarah Kast Magin/McGinnis, son Lt George MaGin/McGinnis of Amherst.

I did note there were McGinns came over later in the 1820s as tenants on Amherst. I have always wondered if those early McGinns were related to us. OK "Us" is the McGinn family of Dundas County over about 1820 too. 9-10 individuals came over but we can only account for 7.
A gravestone suggests County Down was our origin...
For what it is worth....

jrmcginn1 (View posts)
Posted: 10 Oct 2012 4:03PM GMT
Regarding the McGinns of Amherst Island:
Samuel McGinn, farmer, was the informant on the death registration of 23 year old William McGinn, born County Down, Ireland, about 1847. It would seem that Samuel and William were related?
Death date for William McGinn was 06 Feb 1870, cause of death was consumption aka TB. William was a labourer on Amherst, I assume on Samuel's farm.
My McGinns were from County Down and I have long wondered if the Amherst McGinns might be related.
From "Deaths, Page 29, registraion 005997, Lennox Addington.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com |  Privacy |  Terms and Conditions