Search for content in message boards

VIERS-DADE

VIERS-DADE

William Gann (View posts)
Posted: 12 Jun 1999 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: VIERS, DADE, SIMMONS
Lee Massey DADE married Anne Elizabeth VIERS on 6 Jan 1854 in Montgomery Co., MD. In 1839, they moved to Montgomery County, Missouri and they both died there sometime in the mid-1840s, of cholera. Their four young children returned to MOngtomery County as lived with their grandparents, Col Robert and Ruth DADE. Would like to know dates of death of Lee and Anne (Viers) DADE. Montgomery County is a burned county in Missouri. Any help greatly appreciated.

Viers-Dade

LindaKnapp (View posts)
Posted: 21 Jul 2000 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 23 Jun 2001 7:52PM GMT
Surnames: Viers, Dade
As yours is an old query, you may already have received this info. I have extensive Viers/Veirs files and show a marriage date of 22 Jan 1836 in Montgomery Co., MD for Anne E. Veirs and Lee M. Dade. Then if has for Anne E. deceased Sep 1847. This was info from Aud's "Our Ancestors" a book by two sisters named Aud on their Viers family. My files show Anne E. Veirs was the dau of Levi Veirs and Sarah Whittaker. Linda Knapp

Re: Viers-Dade

itravele (View posts)
Posted: 6 Jul 2001 4:41PM GMT
Surnames: Viers, Barr
I am searching info on Crane W. Viers b. 1849 Fulton co., Ohio. Father Madison B. Viers b.1811 Jefferson, Ohio, mother Rebecca M. grandfather Elisha William Viers b. 1766 in Fredrick, Montgomery co, Maryland & Margaret Fehal
Crane was married to my great grandmother's youngest sister, Lillie May Barr b.Dec 1869 Wood Lake twp, Yellow Medicine co, Minnesota and living in Taney co, Missouri by 1887 and listed with husband Crane in 1895 court cases. 1900 census lists Crane living alone & widower in Taney co. Lillie is listed in mother's obit in Carthage, Jasper, Missouri 1911 as Lillie Sinott in St. Louis. Presumed divorced from Crane who most likely married with 2 children prior to Lillie.
Appreciate any info on Crane.
Walt

LindaKnapp (View posts)
Posted: 6 Jul 2001 8:29PM GMT
Surnames: Viers
Walt
My files only show Crane W. Viers born in 1848 in Fulton Co., OH and that he was living in the 1910 soundex with his brother William J. Viers in Columbiana Co., OH Some other researchers may have more on him by now.
Linda Knapp

jackie (View posts)
Posted: 15 Sep 2001 6:34AM GMT
I am searching the viers family also. My g grandfather was Charles Viers of Draper Va. His father was a James Viers or Viar and was married to a Sarah. I am not sure if this info is right. I sent off for Charles's birth records but they had no record of it. I am at a stand still right now with this
Thanks
Jackie

LindaKnapp93 (View posts)
Posted: 15 Sep 2001 6:43PM GMT
Edited: 22 Jan 2007 5:42PM GMT
Sorry in an index I have listing for a James Viar, but the files I was sent do not go that far. Maybe some one else who has been working with the Viers Newsletter files can help you.
Linda Knapp

GRW1444 (View posts)
Posted: 14 Oct 2012 9:57PM GMT
Surnames: Veirs, Dade
Would you happen to know if the bodies of Lee and his wife were brought back to Maryland, along with their children? I have no record of where they were buried.

Glenn Wallace
monocacycemetery@gmail.com
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com |  Privacy |  Terms and Conditions