Search for content in message boards

Captain Joel and wife Elizabeth Childress

Captain Joel and wife Elizabeth Childress

G. Moore (View posts)
Posted: 25 Dec 2000 7:18PM GMT
Anyone around Murphreesboro, TN or North Carolina that are relatives or know anything about relatives of Captain Joel Childress or Elizabeth, please reply. As far as I know they had 2 daughters, Sarah (former First Lady, married President Polk). I do not know the name of the second daughter. Please help. I feel these are relatives of Emma Alice Childress (Henson)and Gortie and Gertie Childress from the Jackson Co. NC area. Would like as much info. as possible. Thank You.

childress

avery dillard (View posts)
Posted: 2 Jan 2001 3:39PM GMT
Edited: 9 Feb 2002 5:13PM GMT
my grandmother from my mother's side was name gertrude pride who married a john(BOB)
childress.they had 13 children children,the only two i know of was virginia and brother
named walter childress,who fought in world war1 in france.elizabeth childress was my
mothers,mother.her husband was david williams
i have been looking for a long time hope this us both.god bless
maxine

Csptin Joel Childress

Pamela Arndt (View posts)
Posted: 14 Mar 2001 3:43PM GMT
Joel Childress son of John and Elizabeth brother of John Childress. This is what was found written in a bible that belonged to my grandmother, no one is sure when it was written or by whom. My grandmother said she had a great uncle named after his Uncle Joel.I have some history going back to this. Hope this helps.

joel childress

B. Anderson (View posts)
Posted: 20 Apr 2001 4:44PM GMT
My family and I are researching our family tree and have found the Joel and Elizabeth (Whitsett) Childress had six children. Three boys and three girls. Anderson childress, Susan childress, Sarah childress (former first lady), Benjamin childress, john Whitsett childress & Elizabeth childress. If this is of any help or there is anything you have found, Please let me know. Thank you.

Re: joel childress

m66h63 (View posts)
Posted: 4 Jul 2001 1:55PM GMT
Classification: Lookup
Surnames: Childress
I am interested in this family also. I have a Caladonia as a daughter of Joel and Elizabeth. She married John Louis Atkinson my husband's ggggrandfather. Does anyone have any information about this. Martha

martha atkinson (View posts)
Posted: 24 Sep 2001 7:57PM GMT
Classification: Query
hello it is the same family but it looks like may Caladonia's parents are John and Martha Calhoon Childress. John may be the father os Joel.Would like to know more about the family.Martha

Rick Childress (View posts)
Posted: 19 Oct 2001 4:31PM GMT
I believe I have a decent family history of Joel Childress.
If you still need it email me.
Rick Childress

B. Anderson (View posts)
Posted: 21 Oct 2001 6:23PM GMT
Dear Mr. Childress,

I would appreciate anything you have on Joel Childress. My mother and her family have been trying to trace our family tree and we have been running into some problems. Anything you can tell me would help a great deal.

THANK YOU!!!!!!

Becky Anderson

Iekika (View posts)
Posted: 17 Jul 2002 7:24PM GMT
Surnames: Childress/Childers, Franklin, Walker
Hi...I have a Joel Childress/Childers b. around 1846 in North Carolina. He is the son of Benjamin (Jr.) Childers & Ann Susan Franklin had 7 brothers and sisters: Franklin, Matilda, Lucinda, Susan, Polly, William, and Joseph. His father Benjamin Jr. is brother of my gggg-grandfather, Jonathan. Their parents are Benjamin Childers ans Lucy Walker.

Re: Captain Joel and wife Elizabeth Childress

Shannon Childress (View posts)
Posted: 22 Nov 2005 2:54AM GMT
Surnames: childress
I have a bunch of info on Sarah Childress because she is a distant grandmother of mine. Joel Childress and Elizabeth Whitsett Childress their children go in this order.
Anderson (Born:1799)
Susan (Born:1801)
Sarah (Born: 1803)
Benjamin (Born: 1805)
John Whitsett Sr. (Born: 1807)
Elizabeth (Born: 1809)

If you need any other info please let me know.

per page

Find a board about a specific topic

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com |  Privacy |  Terms and Conditions