Search for content in message boards

African American Crawley's

African American Crawley's

elaine44172 (View posts)
Posted: 6 May 2011 2:51AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: crawley,Fiddler
For the past 9 years I have been working on a UGRR project in the city of Johnstown,PA.I have a Joseph Crawley FPOC b.abt1780 d. in the 1840's.He lived in Bedford,PA in the 1820 census he has a family.In 1850 his son Joseph b.1819 in MD is m. to a former slave Sarah J.b,1819 in Rockingham,VA.
The eldest son John rears his family in the Pittsburgh area.James comes to Johnstown and has a family.The son Joseph is a conductor on the UGRR,along with Rev.John Fiddler,who lives next door.Not proved but,Joseph's father was probably a conductor also.I have some info on the kids and their children

Re: African American Crawley's

tkckbusiness (View posts)
Posted: 10 Aug 2011 11:35PM GMT
I'm looking for information on Crawley's that from what I know came from South Boston, Virginia area.

My grandfather's name was Clarence Crawley his father was Joseph Issac Crawley born around 1887... after that I start hitting roadblocks. If you any information that you think might help me I would be greatly appreciative.

My grandfather Clarence was married to Lola Guthrie Crawley they had 3 children Juanita, Edward, and Douglas. They resided in Mount Union, PA.

Thanks Tk Kauffman

elaine44172 (View posts)
Posted: 11 Aug 2011 4:55PM GMT
I'll see if I have anything that fits. I will share what ever I have.The Joseph Crawley (1819-1874) that poped into my mind lived in Bedford PA.,came from Md or Va.

1_kerilew (View posts)
Posted: 7 Dec 2011 9:35AM GMT
My grandfather David Crawley was born in 1896 in South Boston, VA (Halifax County). Based on the census research I have completed, I found out that David's father Elias Crawley was born 1864 and Elias' father, Stephen, was born in 1820. My grandfather moved from VA and moved to Philadelphia before WWI. Many others from Halifax County also settled in the Philadelphia. I would be interested in learning more about your Crawley relatives from South Boston.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com |  Privacy |  Terms and Conditions