Search for content in message boards

Alexander Love of Ire and SC

Alexander Love of Ire and SC

MRJackson1949 (View posts)
Posted: 12 May 2000 12:13PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 1 Jan 2009 8:46PM GMT
Surnames: Love
I'm searching for info on father of Alexander Love (my g-g-g-g-g-g-gf) b. 1718 in Co. Antrim, Ire, d 6 Mar 1784 in York Co., SC. Spouse was Margaret Moore, mother was Margaret Miller. Thanks.

ans/? on Alexander Love

bpoole (View posts)
Posted: 11 Jun 2000 12:05PM GMT
Edited: 1 Jan 2009 8:47PM GMT
Surnames: Love,Lashley,Godfrey
My gggrandfather was Jesse/Jesey Alexander Love:l801-l884 +Susan Elizabeth Lashley:l8l7-l854. They had a son:Sandy Alexander Love:l848-l909 +Sarah Ann W. Godfrey:l855-l896 + two other wives.Sat. June l0, there was a dedication at Love cemetary by the Conferacy to honor a new marker for a fallen son.It was a very nice gathering. Though there was a large group, we all have come to a standstill of our ggg.Would this Alexander be connected to you? The cemetary is in Sanford, NC. I think they came from Moore Co to Lee Co.Any help would be greatly appreciated. There was a child of Sandy's that lived in SC Many thanks. bp

ans/? on Alexander Love

bpoole (View posts)
Posted: 11 Jun 2000 12:06PM GMT
Edited: 1 Jan 2009 8:48PM GMT
Surnames: Love,Lashley,Godfrey
My gggrandfather was Jesse/Jesey Alexander Love:l801-l884 +Susan Elizabeth Lashley:l8l7-l854. They had a son:Sandy Alexander Love:l848-l909 +Sarah Ann W. Godfrey:l855-l896 + two other wives.Sat. June l0, there was a dedication at Love cemetary by the Conferacy to honor a new marker for a fallen son.It was a very nice gathering. Though there was a large group, we all have come to a standstill of our ggg.Would this Alexander be connected to you? The cemetary is in Sanford, NC. I think they came from Moore Co to Lee Co.Any help would be greatly appreciated. There was a child of Sandy's that lived in SC Many thanks. bp

Alex. Love

MRJackson1949 (View posts)
Posted: 11 Jun 2000 2:47PM GMT
Edited: 1 Jan 2009 8:49PM GMT
Surnames: Love, Moore
There could be a connection, but I don't know where. Alexander Love Sr.(b. 1718 in Ireland) married Margaret Moore and moved to Mt. Joy, Adams, PA where he lived and fathered 10 children (Mary, Rachael, Andrew, James, Jane, Elizabeth, Margasret, Sarah, Robert, Alexander, Jr.) He then moved through NC into York Co., SC leaving grown children behind (my ancestors), but also taking most with him. , and one was born there (William). Alexander, Jr. fathered 10 children, William born in PA and died in TX, the rest born in SC: Alexander III, d. TN, Robert d. SC, Mary d. TN, Nancy d. AL, James d. KY, Anna d. ?, Andrew d. ?, Margaret d. ?, and Arthur d. KY. I know a lot of Alexander, Jr.'s get moved into KY, MS then into TX. More than likely Jesse is linked somehow, but I can't tell you how. Good luck. - MJ

thank you

bpoole (View posts)
Posted: 11 Jun 2000 4:13PM GMT
Thank you forthe response.We never know when there might be a connection. I'll work onit. Thanks again. bp

Re: Alex. Love

robert Satala (View posts)
Posted: 20 Dec 2002 7:58PM GMT
Edited: 1 Jan 2009 8:51PM GMT
Surnames: Love,Hankins,Miller,Moore,Hinderson
Hi Michael,
We are distant relatives all because of Alexander Love. Wild... Anyway, my line comes off Andrew, (Alexanders Son), then thru James (b. June 2, 1778), then thru Andrew (b. Dec. 12 1806), then trough Robert A. Love (b. June 3, 1844) then thru Lura Roye Love (my Ggrandmother) b. Dec 29, 1890, who's son was Aubrey B. Hankins, then my mother, then me... Yeah! Anyway, which level of siblings are you from?
The one question I've always wanted to know was: is the forfathers with the surname Love from Scotland (was hoping -- so I could have a miniscule chance of wearing MacKinnon tartan), or Ireland (kinda cool) or England (yeah, whatever...). From what I've read, it looks like Alexander was born in Ireland. Alexanders wifes parents were Margaret Miller (b.1690 - Ireland) and Andrew Moore (P.?). Margaret Miller's parents were Guyon Miller (Aramagh, Ire.), and Margaret Hinderson (Ire.).
I was missing the birth place of Alexander, but thanks you, I think I've filled it. Thanks,
Brant

Re: Alexander Love of Ire and SC

travis love (View posts)
Posted: 9 Jun 2003 4:22PM GMT
Edited: 1 Jan 2009 9:08PM GMT
Surnames: Alexander,Horton,Love
I am looking for any help with Richard Alexander and his family. Richard was married to Farasha (sp.?) G. Horton--daughter of one Ranford Horton. R.A. Love is listed in 1860 as age 24, a student, and residing in Lancaster Co. Richard past in 1862 at White Hall while serving in the South Carolina 12th infantry E division (listed as 30 years old). He and his wife are buried at Pleasant Plains Cem. in Lancaster Co. SC. R.A. had one son by the same name--Richard Alexander who begot my Great Great Grand father---William Addison Love. Richard Alexander, the elder, had, by tradition, three brothers Samuel, Burrel, and Miner. They were listed in the 1850 Chester census as 19, 20, and 11 respectively and were listed as miners by trade. R.A., the elder, also had a sister, Armentha. I would love any help confirming this information and/or finding his parents. Please contact me.

Furthermore, this post was found here and the man referenced is my great uncle, the son of William Addison Love.

Charlotte Observer, June 27, 1948

LANCASTER WAR HERO'S FUNERAL RITES SLATED

LANCASTER, S. C. June 26. - Funeral services for Richard Addison Love, who was killed in North Africa March 23, 1943, will be conducted Sunday at 5 o'clock at Pleasant
Plain Baptist church bv Rev. H. S. Sinclair and Rev. B. S. Broome.

He was the son of Will A. Love and the late Mrs. Maggie Bell Neill Love and is survived by his father, two brothers, and five sisters. Burial will be in the church cemetery.

LindaSanders903 (View posts)
Posted: 10 Jun 2003 2:19PM GMT
Edited: 2 Jan 2004 2:51PM GMT
Surnames: Love, Keeffe, McCully
I too am looking for Love's in SC. My great grandmother was Lillie Love Keeffe, b: 7 Dec 1892, d: March 1972 in Lancaster County, SC. We lived near the state line and actually had a NC mailing address, which makes researching hard for me at the moment.

I haven't been researching long and haven't spent much time on this line yet. But would be willing to team up and share what info I do have. I am planning a trip to the area late summer or early fall for several weeks to visit with family members.

Just wanted to let you know I am out there also searching what could be the same family line.
Thanks,
Linda
caroiinasunshine@hotmail.com

travis (View posts)
Posted: 10 Jun 2003 2:55PM GMT
That great! I have maintained my adress in Kershaw all my life, though I have been away for 10 years. All my family is there, and as best I can tell be have been from 1850 or farther back. I am getting ready tto start medical school and will have little time for any thing else over the next years. As my family couldn't really care much less about helping me with this digging---I would be very greatfull for as much help as I can get.

Travis

LindaSanders903 (View posts)
Posted: 10 Jun 2003 3:00PM GMT
Edited: 2 Jan 2004 2:51PM GMT
Travis,
Email me directly and I will be glad to share what I have. I am having the same problem with family members which is why I am planning a trip home to speak with some of the living family members to see what I can find. I know where my great grandparents are buried but anything further back is a mystery to me.

Linda
caroiinasunshine@hotmail.com
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com |  Privacy |  Terms and Conditions