Search for content in message boards

Dobner's From Austria

Dobner's From Austria

JMuehsam (View posts)
Posted: 21 Feb 2005 1:58AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Dobners
At last I found postings for Dobners. There is a message board for this name, very few messages.
I'm searching for the Dobner family originally from Galizien/Galicia. The family moved to the Cz-Slovak to the town Mernik and the sister village of Michalok. Parents: Michael and Katharina Dobner both born Galizien, children:
Marianna, Eva, Anton, Josef and Maria. There is also connections to the name Limberger. I am trying to confirm if Eva a child of Michael and Katharina married into my family. If any connection to the above please contact. Thank you in advance.

Re: Dobner's From Austria

TilmanB (View posts)
Posted: 22 Feb 2005 12:09PM GMT
Hi Jane,

unless you have information about any Dobner links into (modern) Austria, this message would be better placed on the Galicia, Slovakia or CZ board - or even that for Austria-Hungary - the latter is where Galicia belonged to.

I would like to do this for you - just let me know where you want it to appear ...

If you don't mind, I would also suggest that you post as much as you know of your Dobner connection to the Dobner board. Otherwise that board will not be of too much help for fellow researchers...

Regards
Tilman Brandl

[Austria General - Board administrator]

janeaIogy (View posts)
Posted: 24 Feb 2005 1:42AM GMT
Surnames: Dobner
Thank you Tilman for your reply to my post regarding Dobner’s in Austria. My records show they were originally from Bohemia. The family then settled in Galizen, the villages of Machliniec and Kornelowka. The branch of the family I am trying to trace then moved to the Cz-Slovak as posted in my original post. My records after WWI & WWII are very incomplete. Some Dobner’s around these periods were living in Vienna, possibly some still are? If this branch is connected some way to the Dobner family from Cz-Slovak I don’t know. The person I am trying to trace is an Eva Dobner who migrated 1921 to the USA. I do not have enough evidence to prove this particular Eva Dobner is one of the same in my data base. At this point I would rather be sketchy rather than misleading for others. I am very happy to pass on the information with anyone searching the Dobner line.

TilmanB (View posts)
Posted: 11 Apr 2005 12:08PM GMT
Surnames: Dobner
Hello Jane,

as long as there's a (possible) connection with Austria of today, there's no problem with your query on our board - we just need to mention it! ;-)

Being >sketchy< is ok, if you ask me, if that's the situation and you just don't have more solid facts. Quite normal with genealogical research, as we know.

There are btw. some 36 Dobner entries for Vienna in our phone directory at www.herold.at

Good luck
Tilman

donschaffer428 (View posts)
Posted: 30 Sep 2007 8:46PM GMT
I have an ancestor, Maria Dobner, born 1859 in Hesseldorf, Bohemia later moved to Salzberg from which they imigrated to the U.S. Her father George Dobner was born 1820 in Thomasville, Upper Austria

Her mother was Maria Schneider born 1825 in Hesseldorf, Bohemia

I'd love to go back furher

Robert Jerin (View posts)
Posted: 1 Oct 2007 10:31AM GMT
Thomasville would not be a Czech nor German spelling for a town. Perhaps it was Thomasdorf or Tomasdorf... dorf is German for village.

Hesselsdorf Bohemia now called Hošťka is located in the Czech Republic 87.1 miles WSW of Praha (aka Prague)

http://www.mapquest.com/maps/map.adp?searchtype=address&...

Robert Jerin

Kaminski_Thekla (View posts)
Posted: 27 Nov 2009 6:13PM GMT
Surnames: DOBNER
DON9113
I have DOBNER ancestors from HESSELSDORF, Bohemia.
the village was very small in those days.

Some DOBNERS moved to Upper Austria in the 19th century, around 1820, and after 1850.
My great-great grandfather was GERORG DOBNER from
Hesselsdorf Nr. 93.

My great-grandparents moved to THOMASROITH (Thomasville?) Upper Austria.
Do you mean Salzberg or Salzburg ? I live in SALZBURG, Austria.

Please get in touch, this could be a match, as there are so many parallels.

donschaffer428 (View posts)
Posted: 27 Nov 2009 6:31PM GMT
My Great great Grandfater was George Dobner my records show he was bron 1820 Thomasville, Upper Austria. Then his daughter Maria born 1859 in Hesseldorf Bohemia married Geroge Schiefer from Salzberg. They imigrated to the USA and have 9 children. They are buried in a old Gold Mining Camp cemetery, Russell Gulch, about 30 miles from Denver, Colorado.. My direct E-Mail is don@schaffer.us

Kaminski_Thekla (View posts)
Posted: 25 Feb 2010 10:52PM GMT
Surnames: DOBNER
Re your post about Georg Dobner, Thomasville, Upper Austria
please get in touch.
coops@tele2.at

jcdobner_1 (View posts)
Posted: 19 Jun 2010 6:31AM GMT
Surnames: Dobners
My grandparents, Jacob and Eva Dobner migrated from Machliniec Galacia, Austria (Ukraine) IN 1914. Eva was born Eva Langenberger in 1888 and Jacob Andrew Dobner 8-18-1885. Jacob's parents were John Dobner and Margeretha Bauer. Hope this is helpful.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com |  Privacy |  Terms and Conditions