Search for content in message boards

HERALDRY Info Needed.

HERALDRY Info Needed.

pvelderssr9348 (View posts)
Posted: 29 Sep 2000 7:46PM GMT
Edited: 8 Jul 2001 1:45PM GMT
I would like to know how I might get in touch with the SANSON INSTITUTE of HERALDRY. I have a photo copy of their CERTIFICATE of AUTHENTICITY for my Coat of Arms, and would like very much to have a true copy of the Family COAT of ARMS. The photo copy does not give an address of any kind.

SANSON INSTITUTE of HERALDRY

DigitalMatrix (View posts)
Posted: 23 Oct 2000 9:37PM GMT
Edited: 9 Jul 2004 4:47AM GMT
Internet searches show that The Sanson Institute of Heraldry is in Boston, Mass. I've searched the Boston phone listings but haven't found any listing for them. Hope this is a little help. Good luck.

Re: SANSON INSTITUTE of HERALDRY

charlesloftis_1 (View posts)
Posted: 24 Aug 2009 2:45PM GMT
Classification: Query
I have a certificate of Authenticity from the Sanson Institute of Heraldry date 1977. I was hoping to reach the company for a duplicate copy. Is the company sill in business?

Luke Baars (View posts)
Posted: 24 Aug 2009 10:33PM GMT
The way I understand it, to truly find your coat of arms you actually need to find an ancestor who actually used that particular coat of arms. This could be on a gravestone, document, perhaps an engraving on a building where your ancestor lived. I somehow doubt that a company who issues certificates is somehow authentic. They may simply do a surname search, it doesn't necessarily follow that there is an actual relation.

charlesloftis_1 (View posts)
Posted: 24 Aug 2009 10:47PM GMT
Thanks for the information, I don't think I'll ever get a true copy of my coat of arms.

Armando Framarini (View posts)
Posted: 3 Sep 2009 11:40PM GMT
If you would like help in finding your coat of arms of a family member I will try to help you. I would like to see what the Sanson Institute sent you. Can you scan it and send it to me at armando348@yahoo.com.

Re: HERALDRY Info Needed.

ksminnerly (View posts)
Posted: 29 Jul 2011 11:33PM GMT
Hi. I realize this message may come a little late, but I too was just given an interesting gift. My aunt gave me a lead crystal glass from my late grandfather that contains our family's coat-of-arms. It contained some papers from the Sanson Institute of Heraldry.

In googling it I came across this post, but I also found something else that may be of interest to someone. There is an article in Time magazine that you should read. Here is the link:

http://www.time.com/time/magazine/article/0,9171,912772-1,00...

I hope the link works. You may be sadly disappointed (as was I).

Kellie Minnerly
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com |  Privacy |  Terms and Conditions