Search for content in message boards

ALLISON

ALLISON

ANGELA WOOD (View posts)
Posted: 15 Dec 1999 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: ALLION
NEED HELP IN FINDING THE PARENTS OF BENJAMIN ALLISON MARRIED TO MARGARET WOOD. THEIR CHILDREN WERE JOHN BAIRD, FRANCIS POSEY, AND MARY ELIZABETH.IT HAD BEEN STATED THAT IT WAS BURCH AND ELIZA HIGGINS, BUT THAT SEEMS TO BE INACCURATE. IF ANYONE HAS ANY LEADS, BURIAL INFO., ETC. PLEASE LET ME KNOW.

Re: ALLISON

mclainmic (View posts)
Posted: 20 Jun 2010 7:19PM GMT
Classification: Query
my name is Mike McLain and Francis Posey Allison was my gg-grandfather. His daughter was Margaret Catherine Allison and she married John Eagleton McLain, my great-grandfather and a sheriff of Jackson County.

Benjamin moved from what is now Transylvania County, NC to what is now Jackson County in about 1830 when he sold his home in what is now Pisgah Forest, NC. The home, which he built in 1815 in Pisgah Forest, survives as the Allison-Deaver House, the oldest frame home west of the Blue Ridge and owned and maintained by the Transylvania County Historical Society.

My best information is that Benjamin was the son of Posey Allison and Dorcas ???. Because his son is named Francis Posey Allison and Posey Allison had a cousin also named Francis Posey Allison, I am pretty certain that they are of the same family. There are a lot of Benjamin Allisons, but I believe that this Benjamin was born in Montgomery County, MD in 1774. His wife was Margaret Wood. He moved to Burke County, NC, then to what is now Transylvania County, then to what is now Jackson County.

For Margaret, I show her father being being being a James Wood born in 1750 in Powhatan, Virginia and dying in 1793 in either VA or TN. Can you confirm and if you know James Wood's wife's name and ancestors I would appreciate it. I show James' father as John Wood (b. 1720 and died 1808) and his mother as Margaret Maryann ??? (b. 24 Dec 1724).

I am also looking for Benjamin's grave. I am told that it is in Webster Cemetery in Webster, NC, and that his marker may not have survived. I was there in March, 2010, and did not find him.

I did locate Benjamin's son, Francis Posey Allison buried in East LaPorte, NC with his first wife, my great-great-grandmother, Mary Evelyn Potts, and his second wife, Martha A. Coats, who he married after Mary Evelyn Potts' death.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com |  Privacy |  Terms and Conditions