Barrow in Furness Cumbria

Barrow in Furness Cumbria

carolrodgers31 (View posts)
Posted: 21 Apr 2001 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 23 Jul 2001 6:07AM GMT
Surnames: Harvey, Robinson, Bellamy
Greetings from New Zealand,

I am looking for information on Thomas Norman Harvey of Barrow in Furness Cumbria, Thomas was always called by his second name Norman, he was born 4.6.1899,and he married Annie Elizabeth Robinson who was born 24.1.1900. Annie lived at 4 Penrith street prior to her marriage to Thomas which took place at St. Georges church Roose Rd Barrow in Furness in 1918.
I don't have any information on the father and Mother of Thomas Norman Harvey except that Thomas's father died around 1903 whilst Thomas was a little boy and his mother re-married, surname Mosely and she is buried at Rampside Rd church.

I am also looking for information on the surname Bellamy, the only leads I have are a William? Bellamy who married Beatrice and they lived on Ironworks road Barrow in Furness during their younger married days.

Does any of this sound familiar to anyone? Any help or advice would be gratefully received.

Re: Barrow in Furness Cumbria

Shakemsam8917 (View posts)
Posted: 27 Sep 2001 2:16PM GMT
Edited: 30 Apr 2002 9:03PM GMT
Surnames: Mosley,Rabjohns,Gibson,Fallon,Maguire,Robinson,Fallows
Carol

I don't know if this will help. Elizabeth's 2nd marrage was to
Edward Mosley in 1911, died 1917. He also is buried in Rampside. They lived at 8 Marsden St.Barrow. Afyter Edward
died there was Harveys still living there.I believe that they were
Elizaveths children. Edward & Elizabeth had no children that I know of. I have come across some Harveys in Barrow Cemetery Records., but being they were not directly related
I didn't record them, it might be a place to look. Also the Cumbria Record Offiec might be able to help. Edawrd was my
g uncle, I am also been researching my family in Barrow. They
came to US in 1920. I have dates if you would like, I have a copy of there marrage certifacate. GOOD LUCK

Jack

Posted: 17 Oct 2001 4:13PM GMT
carol

Maybe this will help. Came across a Thomas Harvey, 65y
painter, lived at 17 Humley St, Barrow. Died 1950, buried in Barrow. Have some other information if you would like it. Do you have information on any other Harveys living in Barrow?
I believe one of my grandfathers sisters married a John Robinson in 1901/2 in Barrow. But I haven't confirmed it yet.
Do you have any knowledge of a Elizabeth Turnbull that lived at 14 Settle St. in 1917. There were Harveys living there in 1916?

Jack

ajharvey1 (View posts)
Posted: 9 Apr 2002 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 30 Mar 2003 5:43AM GMT
Jack, I don't know if you can help but I am researching Harvey's in Lancashire but have come to a stop (until I can access 1901 census.) I am looking for info on James Henry Harvey who died in 1914 in Saddleworth. He was married to Frances Hall but I have not been able to find their marriage and I have no idea where he was born. It appeared he moved to Saddleworth between 1907 and 1910. When he moved to Saddleworth he had 6 children - Hilda, Mary Ann, Ada, Margaret, Charles and Alice. The last two children, Richard and Fred were born in Saddleworth. The only birth of the other children I have been able to locate is Charles who was born in Newchurch in 1900. The rest were born elsewhere but I don't know where. I think the other children may have been born in different places North of Saddleworth. Does any of this tie in with any of your research on Harvey's. Our family descends from Fred Harvey. Look forward to hearing from you.

Regards, Mandy

Posted: 9 Apr 2002 5:02PM GMT
Dear Mandy

No these names don't ring a bell. I am not researching the Harveys. I just happen to know the name as Edward Mosley married a Harvey. I am also waiting for the 1901 census. It might be a while. The main person I'm looking for is a Elizabeth Turnbull, supposedly lived at 14 Settle St. in 1917.
But all I can find out is there was a family named Smith living there..If I come across anything I'll let you Know.

Good luck

Jack

ajharvey1 (View posts)
Posted: 10 Apr 2002 10:13AM GMT
Edited: 30 Mar 2003 5:43AM GMT
Dear Jack,

Thanks for the quick reply. I'll keep searching.

Regards Mandy

carol (View posts)
Posted: 17 Apr 2002 1:07AM GMT
Surnames: Harvey Turnbull Robinson
Hello Jack, I'm sorry it's taken me so long to get back to you,
I was born a Harvey in Barrow-in-Furness and other Harvey family are still there. We originally came from St. Hilary in Cornwall until my Grt. Grt. Grandfather Thomas Harvey and his wife Mary Ann nee Fox moved to Barrow with their children - Mary Courtis , Thomas John , Grace Fox , and Edith Annie. They all show up on the Cornwall 1871 census as living in St. Hilary, but then show up in Barrow on the 1881 and 1891census as living in North Row and South Row. I have details that my grandmother Annie Elizabeth Robinson of Penrith street married my Grandfather Thomas Norman Harvey on 29.07.1918 at St Georges church Roose Road and they then lived in Mosely street.
I don't know if one of my Thomas Harvey's could be one of the Thomas you have at 17 Humley street but I do know it was a Cornish name and not very common in Barrow around this time. I also cannot fit in your Elizabeth Turnbull as I have the Harvey marriages around this time and her name is not there.
If you think you are on the same track as me please keep in touch as I have other information. Please email me direct. Kindest regards Carol

jennyswat (View posts)
Posted: 22 Nov 2009 12:29AM GMT
Hi,

Currently looking for anyone on my grandma's side of the family. These names sound very familiar, since my grandma passed I don't have much to go on but lots of family pictures of her growing up.
Her Name was Vera Harvey born Sept 24, 1924 in Barrow in Furness, her brothers were Raymond, Bernard, Gordon, Norman, sisters were Doris and Mary. Vera married a Royden Walker and moved to Michigan. Can anyone help find some relatives or can someone point me in the right direction.

Thank You,
Jenny

peterwilliams4434 (View posts)
Posted: 24 Jul 2013 8:17PM GMT
Surnames: Harvey
Hello Jenny,
I've only just come across your post. Mary Harvey was my mother so Vera was my aunt. Vera had a son called Graham who married a Jennifer ( I think )so I presume your his daughter. I have quite an extensive Harvey family tree on this site but by now, 2013 , you may have discovered it.
Very Best Wishes

Peter
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com |  Privacy |  Terms and Conditions