Search for content in message boards

Lampazos, NL – 17 Surnames/apellidos from the 1700’s

Lampazos, NL – 17 Surnames/apellidos from the 1700’s

Tomas Rodriguez (View posts)
Posted: 20 Apr 2003 6:37AM GMT
Classification: Query
In my database I have 17 surnames of people that were born and/or married in Lampazos during the 1700s. This list expands if I were to include neighboring communities and the nearby area of Monclova, Coahuila. (See attached GIF files for area maps.) In those days the population was rather limited and chances are that many/most people with the same surname/variants were related. I look forward to exchanging information.

The surnames (& similar spellings) I have are: Chavana, De Leon, De Villarreal, Enriquez, Gonzalez, Guajardo, Gudea, Medina, Ochoa, Orozco, Perez, Rodriguez, Salazar, Sanchez, Sanmiguel, Valdez and Yslas.

Tomas Rodriguez
rodrigt501@hotmail.com

PD – Soy de Monterrey Raza, hablo Español.
Attachments:

Re: Lampazos, NL – 17 Surnames/apellidos from the 1700’s

@@eaherold@att.net (View posts)
Posted: 21 Apr 2003 5:36PM GMT
Edited: 6 Apr 2005 1:54AM GMT
Tomas,

Nice to talk to you again. I see you looking for Yslas and Villarreals in Lampazos. So am I. I have 3rd great grandmother Josefa Garza y Yslas who was born in Monterrey about 1778. Her mother was an Yslas who I
believe was born in Lampazos. The grandmother I believe was a Villarreal. I believe the Yslas go back to Villaldama
from Lampazos.

Any of this sound familiar. My Josefa Garza y Yslas married
Vicente Sepulveda of San Rafael del Tierra Dura( near Guadalupe)
about 1796. I have not been able to find the marriage record.

You have to look for Bertha Ayala in Rootsweb to find my tree now.

Esther

Lampazos, NL – 17 Surnames... (Yslas, Sepulveda & Rodriguez)

Posted: 22 Apr 2003 3:59AM GMT
Hello Esther,

Great to hear from you, we have a connection on Yslas! I am also an Yslas descendant and here is what I have: Joseph Antonio de Yslas y Palacios married Ana Francisca Villarreal, parents of Ana Ma. del Carmen (Mariana) Yslas (b: May 22, 1758) who married (July 22, 1775 in Lampazos) Jose Antonio Rodriguez (son of Pedro Rodriguez and Ana Ma. de Treviño). Please let me know if you have additional pieces to this puzzle.

For Sepulveda of the 1700’s I only have Jose Antonio Sepulveda (b: 1781 in San Carlos, TX.) who married (1817 in Natchitoches, LA) Maria Guadalupe Chavana (b: 1801 in Nacogdoches, TX.) The side interest of this story is that some people from Lampazos migrated to eastern Texas & western Louisiana (a branch of the Camino Real went from Monclova to Natchitoches, LA). Maria Guadalupe Chavana’s father, Jose Ramon Chavana (b:Sept. 10, 1764 in Lampazos) married Maria Josefa Sanchez (b:1784 in Nacogdoches) and he died Aug. 16, 1853 in Nacogdoches. Perhaps some of the Sepulveda did the same.

Best regards, stay in touch.

Tom Rodriguez
rodrigt501@hotmail.com

PS – Next I’ll check your family tree (Bertha Ayala in Rootsweb) to see if I can find other connections.

Re: Lampazos, NL – 17 Surnames... (Yslas, Sepulveda & Rodriguez)

Posted: 22 Apr 2003 7:05PM GMT
Tomas,

Yes that is the Yslas family I am decended from. I am
descended from another daughter. Not the one you mentioned. I don't have my notes with me but I will post it later. This daughter had a daughter Maria Josefa de la Garza that married my Vicente Sepulveda. I have my Speulvedas
all the way back to Ana Sepulveda. I am working on the
female side. I haven't found a marriage record yet of Vicente and Maria Josefa Garza. I have all the baptisms of all the
children except for the oldest which is Victorianna. SHe was
not born in Guadalupe(Monterrey) like the others. VIctorianna
must have been born where ever the couple was married. It is
driving me nuts.

Do you have access to the Lampazos or Villaldama microfilm
from the LDS?

Esther

Re: Lampazos, NL – 17 Surnames... (Yslas, Dabila, Solis)

Posted: 23 Apr 2003 12:46AM GMT
4/22/03
Esther, I found two additional children of Joseph Antonio de Yslas y Palacios married to Ana Francisca Villarreal:
-- Antta. Margarita Yslas, born Feb. 24, 1760 in lampazos, NL
-- Francisco Javier Yslas, born July 27, 1767 in Lampazos, NL.

Also two more ‘Yslas y Palacios’, probable siblings of Joseph Antonio:
-- Jose Ygnacio Yslas y Palacios, married in Villaldama, NL to Maria Gertrudis Dabila.
-- Juan Joseph de Yslas y Palacios, married in Villaldama, NL on Jun 27, 1767 to Maria Manuela Solis.

On LDS, some time ago I ordered Film/Fiche #: 0605578 - Información Matrimonial 1740-1769 but I have not gone to review it.

Tom Rodriguez
rodrigt501@hotmail.com

Re: Lampazos, NL – 17 Surnames... (Yslas, Dabila, Solis)

Posted: 23 Apr 2003 2:56AM GMT
Tomas,

It is Antonia Margarita Guillerma Yslas Villarreal that I think I am descended from. My information corresponds with yours. Antonia Margarita married Jose Joaquin de la Garza.
Their daughter Maria Josefa de la Garza was baptized in the cathedral of Monterrey Sept 25, 1779. She must have married about 1795 or 6. to Vicente Sepulveda y Garza.They also had a son Jose Maria de la Garza children to see if they corresond to padrinos to the children of the Garza-Sepulveda marriage. It is slow going for me.

The records on the de la Garza say they were vecinos of Enstancia. I have been trying to figure out where that is to
see if that is where Vicente Sepulveda married Maria Josefa.
Any ideas to the location of that town Estancia?
I have looked in Guadalupe, Monterrey, Lampazos and Salinas Victoria. The Sepulvedas lived in San Rafael de Tierra Dura( a suburb of Guadalupe, which is a suburb of Monterrey). All the children but one were either baptized in Guadalupe or the Cathedral of Monterrey

I guess this makes me 7 generations removed from Antonio Joseph Yslas and Ana Villarreal.

Esther

Lampazos, NL – 1700's Surnames... (Yslas, Villarreal, Rodriguez, de la Garza)

Posted: 23 Apr 2003 4:45AM GMT
Esther,

Attached is a .JPG file with the cluster we have of our common Ysla ancestors. (I am a descendant of Ana Ma. del Carmen (Mariana) Yslas and Jose Antonio Rodriguez.) In the process of making this attachment later realized that I failed to include Jose Maria de la Garza, son of Maria Josefa de la Garza and Vicente Sepulveda – but I do have him in my database.

Regarding the location of “Estancia”…. hmm, I think of Estancia as a generic term for place/location/hacienda that requires an identifier in order to complete the description. Names of many old towns are available at http://www.rootsweb.com/~mextam/townnames.html; under Estancia there are two mentioned:
-- Estancia de Diego Diaz Berlanga, now in San Nicolas de Los Garza (eastern suburb of Monterrey).
-- Estancia de Pedro de la Garza, now also in San Nicolas de Los Garza.

Tom Rodriguez
rodrigt501@hotmail.com
Attachments:

Re: Lampazos, NL – 17 Surnames/VALDEZ

CeliaRoesser (View posts)
Posted: 8 Jan 2004 1:20AM GMT
Edited: 27 May 2004 8:33AM GMT
Surnames: BALDEZ, VALDEZ
I am looking for descendants of:
Paulo Valdez (Baldez) b. about 1840
wife: Justa
child: Luis b. about 1865
They had six additional children in Laredo, Texas (Cresencio 1870, Eusebio 1873, Alberto 1876, Elena 1877, Catarina 1880, and Alfredo)

Thank you,
Celia

CeliaRoesser (View posts)
Posted: 10 Jan 2004 5:37PM GMT
Edited: 27 May 2004 8:33AM GMT
Surnames: VALDES, VALDEZ, BALDEZ, CORTES, CORTEZ
Thanks to Linda who wrote I found more family.

Pablo Valdes married Justa Cortes on 14 Jan 1860.
They had three other children in Monclova, Coahuila.
Alberto, Hilario, and Seferino (this might be Luis b. 1865).

I found them at www.familysearch.org with these batch numbers: (Church records of Santiago Apostol, Monclova)
Christenings:
C605315 1781-1819
J605316 1819-1842
C605317 1842-1866
C605318 1855-1866, 1866-1875
Marriages:
M605311 1812-1885

Posted: 18 Jan 2004 4:21AM GMT
Hi Celia,

I could not find the Valdez you mentioned in my database; my Valdez are further back in time. Please let me know if you recognize the Valdez in either of the two groups below. Thank you,

Tom Rodriguez
rodrigt501@hotmail.com
=============================

FIRST Group:
Descendants of Cristobal Valdez (b: Late 1600s)

Generation No. 1

1. CRISTOBAL1 VALDEZ He married BERNARDA DE LA GARZA October 8, 1724 in Monclova, Coahuila.

Child of CRISTOBAL VALDEZ and BERNARDA LA GARZA is:
2. i. FRANCISCA LUIZA2 VALDES.

Generation No. 2

2. FRANCISCA LUIZA2 VALDES (CRISTOBAL1 VALDEZ) She married PEDRO ALCANTAR ENRIQUEZ January 12, 1759 in Monclova, Coahuila, Mexico, son of LUIS ENRIQUEZ and MA. RAMON.

Children of FRANCISCA VALDES and PEDRO ENRIQUEZ are:
i. MA VERONICA3 ENRIQUEZ, m. JOSE TRINIDAD NEYRA, November 22, 1796.
ii. MA. LEONOR ENRIQUEZ, m. JOSE ANTONIO RAMIREZ, March 4, 1794.
iii. MARIA ENRIQUEZ, b. March 9, 1760.
iv. JOSE BISENTE ENRIQUEZ, b. January 28, 1762; m. MA. FRANCA. JAVIERA MEDINA, October 18, 1783, Lampazos de Naranjo, NL, Mexico.

Marriage Notes for JOSE ENRIQUEZ and MA. MEDINA:
Mormones dicen matrimonio en Oct 2, 1783

v. MA. MICAELA ENRIQUEZ, b. September 28, 1764; m. FRANCO. SANMIGUEL, July 31, 1782, Lampazos de Naranjo, NL, Mexico.
vi. MA. RICARDA DE LOS DOLORES ENRIQUEZ, b. April 23, 1767, Lampazos de Naranjo, NL, Mexico; m. JOSE DE JESUS OCHOA, June 21, 1788, Lampazos de Naranjo, NL, Mexico.
vii. MA. LORENZA ENRIQUEZ, b. August 20, 1770; m. JOSE VICENTE TIJERINA, October 19, 1788.
viii. VICENTE ENRIQUEZ, b. January 30, 1773; m. JUANA JOSEFA SANMIGUEL, February 6, 1792.
ix. CATHARINA ENRIQUEZ, b. December 3, 1775; m. JOSE JOACHIN PEREZ, December 1, 1797.
x. FAUSTINO ENRIQUEZ, b. February 27, 1780; m. MA. JOSEFA GUAJARDO, August 25, 1805. (Wife may be Ma Josefa de la Garsa Guajardo.)
==============================

SECOND Group:

Descendants of Pedro Valdes (1700s)

Generation No. 1

1. PEDRO1 VALDES He married GERTRUDIS FLORES.

Children of PEDRO VALDES and GERTRUDIS FLORES are:
2. i. MA. ANTONIA2 VALDES, d. February 3, 1801.
ii. PEDRO JOSE VALDES, m. MA. ENCARNACION GONZALEZ, June 16, 1783.

Generation No. 2

2. MA. ANTONIA2 VALDES (PEDRO1) died February 3, 1801. She married PEDRO ANTONIO CHAVANA July 1, 1780 in Lampazos, NL, son of MIGUEL CHAVANA and MA. DE LEON. He was born March 28, 1752.

Notes for PEDRO ANTONIO CHAVANA:
Apellido Saban, segun los archivos de Monterrey.

Children of MA. VALDES and PEDRO CHAVANA are:
i. MARIA YSABEL3 CHAVANA, b. 1781, Mexico DF; m. JOSE MANUEL PEDRAZA, July 10, 1805, Lampazos, NL; b. 1780, Mexico DF.
ii. JUANA JOSEFA CHAVANA, b. May 30, 1782, Lampazos de Naranjo, NL, Mexico; m. FELIPE GIL, May 19, 1804, Lampazos, NL.
iii. JOSE LINO CHAVANA, b. February 14, 1784, Lampazos de Naranjo, NL, Mexico; m. MA. ENCARNACION GUAXARDO, September 11, 1810, Lampazos, NL.
iv. JOSE MARTIN CHAVANA, b. August 14, 1786, Lampazos, NL.
v. JOSE RAFAEL CHAVANA, b. September 9, 1788, Lampazos de Naranjo, NL, Mexico.
vi. MA. FRANCISCA CHAVANA, b. August 13, 1791, Lampazos de Naranjo, NL, Mexico; m. VICENTE SAENS, December 3, 1810, Lampazos, NL.
vii. A. GUADALUPE CHAVANA, b. January 10, 1793, Lampazos de Naranjo, NL, Mexico.
viii. ANTONIO BARTOLO CHAVANA, b. October 19, 1795, Lampazos de Naranjo, NL, Mexico.
ix. JOSE TOMAS CHAVANA, b. December 23, 1798, Lampazos, NL.
x. REFUGIO CHAVANA, b. Lampazos de Naranjo, NL, Mexico; d. February 5, 1801.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com |  Privacy |  Terms and Conditions