Search for content in message boards

Rex Allen Richardson Obit

Rex Allen Richardson Obit

mabeone (View posts)
Posted: 4 Sep 2002 2:12PM GMT
Classification: Obituary
Edited: 13 Dec 2004 9:50PM GMT
Surnames: Davis, Richardson, Donnelly, Bodenhamer, Lunsford, Rhoney, Hedgecock, Salley,
Mr. Rex Allen "Thunderbolt" Richardson, 71, died Saturday, Aug. 24, 2002, at Forsyth Medical Center.

He was born in Forsyth County to the late Walter Lee and Fleta Ann Davis Richardson.

He served two years in the U.S. Army and five years in the reserves. After 32 years, he retired from Roadway with more than three-and-a-half million miles without an accident. Mr. Richardson was a member of the Local Teamsters #391 and the Roadway Retirees. He enjoyed traveling, fishing and the beach. He was a loving family man and kind to all who knew him.

He is survived by his wife of 49 years, Patricia Ann Donnelly Richardson, of the home; six children, Rosanne Bodenhamer (R.J.), Debbie Richardson, Tina Lunsford (James), Theresa Lee Richardson-Rhoney (Scott), John Richardson (Peggy) and Mary Richardson-Hedgecock (Joe); 11 grandchildren, Isaac, Trish, Michael, Justin, Michael John, Jarrett, Thomas, Travis, Samantha, Morgan Lee and Terra; a sister, Beatrice Salley; two brothers, Norman Richardson and Rollen Richardson; many special nieces and nephews; a special friend, Rachel Lloyd, and his pet companions, Thomas cat, Thumper and Roadkill.

An 11 a.m. funeral service will be held Tuesday, Aug. 27, 2002, at Burroughs Funeral Home Chapel. Burial will follow at Gardens of Memory, Walkertown. The family will receive friends from 7 to 9 this evening at the funeral home and other times at the home of his daughter, Roseanne Bodenhamer. Memorials may be made to the American Diabetes Association, 1901 S. Hawthorne Road, Winston-Salem, NC 27103 or New Hope Christian Church, 4105 Patsy Drive, Winston-Salem, NC 27107. A special thanks to Dr. Brodkin, Janie and Steve Carden, C.J. Sizemore and Drs. Charles and Leo Record.

Re: Rex Allen Richardson Obit

mikey727 (View posts)
Posted: 18 Mar 2010 2:56AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: michael richardson
I really miss him, not 1 day goes by, you was my other half and always will be, grandpa if you can read this save me a place beside you, no matter where it is because of my beliefs but man i cant believe its been 8 years in august, every1 said like goes on but mine stopped, i never cry, broken bones, life, hard times i've had which i know you've seen and helped me out along the way, but every time i dream of you or sit and think about all those times and while i laid next to you in that hospital for them months just me n you, even though i knew your time was coming soon, i didn't wanna believe it at all, sometimes i still don't, i got your name tatted on my back so everytime i miss you and feel like your not here no more i look at it and know part of you is with me and your watching over me, my life's been messed up at times and i wanna quit but then i think about my girl and you and i keep going, you keep me going, all the good times and all them nights we talked that no one else knows about but me and you, not only do i cherish it, ill take it to my grave, i love you man with every bit of me.. see you one day, hopefully not soon but when ever it happens were going fishing and i'ma hold you till the end of time.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com |  Privacy |  Terms and Conditions