Search for content in message boards

Robert Pollock

Robert Pollock

Keith Stewart (View posts)
Posted: 6 Sep 2001 1:11PM GMT
Classification: Query
Looking for any information on Pollocks who may have lived for a time in Saint John, NB in the early 1800's. Robert Pollock, wife unknown was suppose to have arrived form Scotland he had the following children Helen b1819, Robert b1824, Hester and Alexander. Helen and Robert latter lived in Restigouche county. Robert married Margaret Murray(her mothers name was Mary b1800), and Helen married Alexander Copeland. It also looks like the family may have spent some time in Nova Scotia. Helen and Robert were said to have been born in Saint John but other information says they were born in Nova Scotia.

Re: Robert Pollock

Jaimee Chrisman (View posts)
Posted: 20 Sep 2012 2:42PM GMT
Surnames: Pollock, Copeland, O'Connel
Robert Pollock was married to Margaret O'Connel. They were the parents of Helen Pollock who married Alexander Copeland. My great grandmother listed them in my grandmothers family tree in her baby book.

PamWoodWaugh (View posts)
Posted: 21 Sep 2012 1:20PM GMT
Surnames: DALEY, POLLOCK
Do you know anything about a Mary Pollock? Mary Pollock was born circa 1853 at New Brunswick and m. William Henry Daley, son of Henry Daley & Sarah Cronk, on 3 Aug 1871 at Saint John. She died there sometime before 1888.
I track the Daleys and have tried to find more on her over the years, but never find much.

mhalbauer1 (View posts)
Posted: 4 Dec 2013 2:46AM GMT
I empathize Keith. I've been banging my head on a wall. My father is Roy Pollock, son of George Arnold, son of Simon Fraser, son of Robert (married to Mary Margeret Murray)
In all of the census Robert Jr. states that he was born in Nova Scotia. He also states that both his father and mother were born in Nova Scotia, that he is of both Scottish and Native. My grandfather told my father that we have Native ancestry.
I saw a census were a Pollock's ( IF his name is Robert...I have seen no evidence of this) wife is listed as simply "native lady" How I kick myself now for not attaching it as I thought I would come back to it...UGH!...now I can't find it.
obert Jr. states his race at various times in the census as Scottish and native.
If we are to believe Robert Jr (why wouldn't we?) He was born in Nova Scotia to a First Nations mother (also born in NS) and a father of Scottish race (also born in NS)
I believe that often people are enthusiastic about growing their family trees...and are eager to attach themselves to a castle in Scotland. But I can not rely on their research.
We can rule out Irish Pollock origins. Robert is consistent in all the census that he is Scottish and Native. That he and both of his parents were born in Nova Scotia.
I hope this helps.
I am quite frustrated but determined to solve the mystery

per page

Find a board about a specific topic

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com |  Privacy |  Terms and Conditions