Search for content in message boards

Tamil Goldsmith Caste, Thattan, Achari, Acharya, Pather, Viswabrahimin

Tamil Goldsmith Caste, Thattan, Achari, Acharya, Pather, Viswabrahimin

Rajkumar (View posts)
Posted: 16 Dec 2003 9:57PM GMT
Classification: Query
Hi Friends,

I am trying to locate possible members of the Tamil Goldmisth/Jeweller Caste. Generally, any one of the same caste will be related in some way.

I am looking for people who are from Nallur and Vannarponnai (in Jaffna) Muthur (in Trincomallee) or Koddaimunai and Kalmunai (in Batticaloa). In Vannarponnai many descedants of the Viswabrahma kulam lived around the what is called 'Nachimar Kovil Adi' or Thata Thiru. In Nallur many of them were living around the "Mutharai Santhai" area. In batticaloa many of these people lived on "Pioneer Road". Please contact me if you have any information regarding any of these individuals as it would be most helpful.

Thank you for your attentiona and I look forward to your response.

Re: Tamil Goldsmith Caste, Thattan, Achari, Acharya, Pather, Viswabrahimin

priyakasinathan (View posts)
Posted: 23 Jun 2011 3:34AM GMT
Surnames: Kasinathan
Hello there,

My name is Priya from Malaysia. I got into this process of locating my ancestors in India. Apparently, my dad's roots are from Karaikal, Pondicherry India. My dad is also somewhat a Franch mix brhamin goldsmith. I am of the 3rd generation in Malaysia. My dad's name is Kasinathan Achariyar. My grandfather's name is Subbiah. If anyone out there is in some idea of how I could locate my roots in India, please drop a line. My email address is priya_kasinathan@yahoo.com.

Thanks.

asen09 (View posts)
Posted: 12 Jul 2011 10:43AM GMT
Vanakkam and Hello everyone. I am a third generation Indian in Malaysia and would be grateful if anyone out there could throw light on my maternal parents who happen to be born as pathers. My maternal grandpa's name was Nadason whereas his wfe was Alamelo. They are believed to be from the district of Thrichy. They passed away during the Japanese WW2 in Malaya and my mother was looked after by the mother of the late Muthu Manikam pather, whose father was Krishnan Pather.

asen09 (View posts)
Posted: 2 Oct 2011 3:39PM GMT
You can call me at 012-3654918 or drop an e-mail asen09@gmail.com

mayuragold (View posts)
Posted: 13 Nov 2012 4:17PM GMT
உங்கள் விடயங்களைத் தமிழில் பகிர ஏன் தயக்கம்
எழுதலாமே

spsambandamurthy (View posts)
Posted: 13 Jun 2013 2:13PM GMT
Have you got any response so far? I am also looking for My grandfather Shankaranarayana Achari Goldsmith from Kerala/Tirunelveli

Jayapradeep mohanadas (View posts)
Posted: 31 Dec 2013 10:40AM GMT
i am a viswakarma hailing from kerala. i have suggestion that we, viswakarma from the whole part of india need to unite and to form a group and we have to express our strength to our government and thus need to bring up our community to a best level as we are all blessed with many talents which are not at all used properly and in the right path. we always remain under some other authority and that itself is the drawback of our community and it is high time that we need to wake up to a better future. our community has no strong leader like all other communities have. please read this message and take it in a right sense.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com |  Privacy |  Terms and Conditions