Search for content in message boards

Presa de la Boquilla

Presa de la Boquilla

fleamom (View posts)
Posted: 16 May 2000 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 25 Jun 2001 6:47PM GMT
Surnames: Sielski, Zamora
My grandfather, John Stewart Sielski of Texas, was part of an American team that worked on a construction project that is described in a memory book as Presa de la Boquilla, Cia Agricola y de Fuerza Electrica del Rio Conchos, Sta. Rosalia, Mexico, between 1910 and 1913. I take this to be a dam project, based on information contained in the book. According to family lore, it was in this place where he met my grandmother, Ernestina Zamora, whose father was a magistrate of a nearby town. However, the information in the family bible says that Ernestina was from Puebla, actually a place written as "Necaxa." Ernestina and John returned to Texas with my mother as an infant during a period of fighting in Mexico. They are said to have come on a flatbed railcar with other American engineers. If someone knows of this project or of the town mentioned, I would appreciate the information. Thank you.

Presa de la boquilla

SandyCurd (View posts)
Posted: 28 May 2000 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 10 Jul 2001 10:33PM GMT
Surnames: Nunez, Saenz, Portillo, Mendoza, Salcido
I think I have some info for you. It too, is based on family lore.
My family had a large cattle ranch, El Pajarito. When the Rio Conchos was dammed, they lost a lot of land. I'm not sure if this ranch was owned by Nunez's or Portillo's. The area they are from is the Valle de Zargoza. If you surf the net for tourist info from the state of Chihuahua, you will find a picture of the dam.
Good luck,
Sandy

saenz

Gil Solorzano (View posts)
Posted: 29 May 2000 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: saenz
Checking to see if there is any links on your family to Juan Sabino Saenz (184?-????) or his son, Alejandro Saenz (1876-1941).

Area of Juan Sabino's birth unknown. Buried in Juarez Mex, although not confirmed.

Alejandro married Ciria Martinez in 1895. Siblings: Liborio (1899-1969), Genobeva Saenz Cowan (1904-1971), Roberto (1896-1938). Two others, names unknown, died in infancy.

Alejandro was the youngest son of Juan Sabino, there were at least two older brothers.

Anyway hope you can use the info.

GJS

Mendoza surname, Cattle Ranch

aprilleake (View posts)
Posted: 29 May 2000 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 21 Oct 2001 9:34PM GMT
Surnames: Mendoza, Galvan, Molina, Delgado
My Great-Grandmother,Cesaria Galvan she married Antonio Mendoza Nov.8,1885 In El Sagrario, Chihuahua, Chihuahua, MEX. Her family had a ranch also Horse and maybe cattle any info welcome.She had a sister and more I have not found yet. Her parents(M)Nestora?Molina (F)Rafael?Galvan.
Thank-you
April Leake

Valle de Zaragoza

Hector Portillo (View posts)
Posted: 17 Jun 2000 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: Portillo, Velarde
My father was born in Pilar de Conchos in valle de Zaragoza. His father's name was Roumaldo Portillo. If you have any questions over this please write to me. I have SOME VERY INTERESTING INFO ON THIS.

Presa de la Boquilla

SandyCurd (View posts)
Posted: 13 Jul 2000 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: Nunez, Portillo, Saenz, Salcido, Mendoza
I am intrigued. I would like to receive your "interesting
information."
Sandy

nunez

SandyCurd (View posts)
Posted: 14 Nov 2000 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: Nunez, Portillo, Saenz
This is what I have found out from LDS records, Nuestra Senora de Pilar de Conchos. Earliest ancestor to my grandfather. I have many more names. E-mail me.
Marcelo Nunez married Maria Manuela Duarte.
children: Jose Anacleto

Pedro
Jose Anacleto Nunez married Trinidad Dominguez
children: Jose Sixto b. 1812

Delores

Maria Petra de los Dolores (born 1821)
Don Jose Sixto Nunez married Dona Benita Saenz
children: Jose Zacarias (bapt. 1846)

Felipe

Guadalupe (female)

Miguel

Maria Atanacia (bapt. 1853)

Jose Felipe Santiago b. 1849

Pilar
Miguel Nunez married Severina Mendoza
children: Marcas

Miguel

Baltazar

Jose b. 1872

Delores Nunez de Chavez

Maria de la Luz de Casas

Felipe

twins: Mariana Severina and Jose Antonio Miguel

born 1869
Jose Nunez born 1872, died 1957 del Rancho Pajarito, married
Refugio Portillo about 1895
Their children:

Josefina

Aurura (spelling uncertain)

Maria Severina

Jose (bapt. 1897)

Alonso

Ramon

Maria Virginia (b.1898 died at age 15)

Euphemia

Gilberto (my grandfather, b. 1896, d. 1950

Jose

Virginia
Any links? I hope so!
Sandy

Nunez surname

Antonio Nunez & Suzi Gonzalez (View posts)
Posted: 14 Nov 2000 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: Nunez
I'am sending you this message in hopes that you will be able to give me information to the Nunez surname in chihuahua mexico. I would appreciate if you would give me some help in finding out about the Nunez family from there. maybe as well I may be able to help you with your search. I thank you for your cooperation and look forward to your reply.
Thank you

suzi gonzalez and Antonio Nunez

Re: Presa de la boquilla

susan (california) (View posts)
Posted: 25 Sep 2001 8:23PM GMT
I had a dream about 2 ladies with the last name zargoza. There were 3 picture frames but I only saw the two with the ladies faces in them. On the frames it said "1935" on both of them and they were made of copper and velvet. I know this sounds strange but it compeled me so much to search on this. The pictures from the dream were in the hands of a private party. The odd thing about it was when you opened the back of one frame there were old financial documents related to realestate and financial transactions and in the back of the other frame there was a toddler shirt holding in the picture with a stamp on it of "1968" the lady that had the pictures was a woman no more than 5'1' to 5'4 tall shortish hair. I never saw the face of her and I know nothing about the Zargoza family but the dream was so detailed. I know the third picture was a man but I didn't care to see it in the dream. These ladies could have been in their late 20's to early 30's in the pictures. I don't know if this helps any or has anything to do with what you are looking for.

Re: nunez

Carrie (View posts)
Posted: 18 Apr 2002 3:56AM GMT
Surnames: Nunez, Villanueva, Silva
I am also researching the Villanueva and Silva line. This is the information I have on my line of Villanueva. Ramon Villanueva(my great grandfather ) buried in Fabens, TX El Paso County possibly killed himself--married/had children with Reyes Nunez(my great grandmother) there are 5 children from Reyes Nunez only two have the Villanueva name. Elizabeth(my grandmother) and Marcelo Villanueva, Esperanza Reyes, Luisa Reyes, Carol Reyes almost nothing is known about the children with the Reyes last name. Reyes Nunez and Ramon Villanueva died and Luz (Villanueva) Marquez(Ramon's sister) adopted Marcello, Elizabeth and Esperanza Reyes they lived in Tornillo, TX. Elizabeth Villanueva married my grandfather Gomesindo Silva from Bermejillo, Durango Mexico. His parents were Epifano(died in Tornillo) and Maria Acosta Silva(died in Hagerman, NM). My grandparents had 13 children. If any of this sounds like part of your line please contact me at carrie_griffith@hotmail.com.
Thank You
Carrie
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com |  Privacy |  Terms and Conditions