Search for content in message boards

Landres/Kelly/Coleman/Sheehan

Landres/Kelly/Coleman/Sheehan

James M. Sheehan (View posts)
Posted: 16 Jan 1999 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Landers, Kelly, Coleman, Sheehan
All families were from County Clare, Andrew Kelly (Furroor, Clondegad, County Clare) and wife Mary, had children, Michael, Martin, Patrick, Mary (Elliot - Canadian), Honora (to Australia - never married), nancy (stayed in Ireland), John, b. June 23, 1827, Lissy Casey, Clondegid, Ireland (Furroor) , John Kelly was born on June 23, 1827 in Lissy Casey, Clondegid, Ireland (Furroor). died on September 25, 1899 in Falmouth, KY.

James Landers was born in Ballynacally, and married Brigid Kelly. Ballynacally is 5 miles from Lissy Casey. Mary Landers (kelly) was born on April 15, 1835 in Balltnacally, and died in 1922 in Falmouth, KY.

Michael Coleman was born in 1800, married in 1830, and died on September 15, 1882. He was Married to Elizabeth Grady, 1805-1889. Michael was born in Clondegad Parish. Children are Michael (married Kate Maloney), Mary Coleman ( Kearney Rourke), born in County Clare on march 25, 1830 and died on august 11, 1919. Margaret coleman (aylward) was born in Clondegad, married june 2, 1870, and died on February 18, 1909. Patrick Coleman was born in County Clare on March 12, 1835 and died in Falmouth, KY on march 11, 1920. John Coleman was another son.

All came to us to build the Kentucky Central Railroad, and settled in Pendelton County, Kentucky.

Kelly

Kathleen Bittner (View posts)
Posted: 17 Jan 1999 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: Kelly, McGrath, O'Connell, Mahoney
Do you have any Kellys who stayed in Clare a few years longer. I have a Patrick McGrath, born circa 1835, married Mary McGrath, had a son, Patrick Kelly born 1863. The younger Patrick immigrated to Brooklyn in 1883 and married Nora O'Connell, also from Clare, daughter of Jeremiah O'Connell and Margaret Mahoney.

Coleman

Kathryn McCarthy (View posts)
Posted: 17 Jan 1999 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: Coleman
Do you have any links from Co. Clare to Co. Limerick for your Colemans? I'm chasing Colemans of Bruff, Co. Limerick who married Naughtins of same? One family settled in Newtownmountshandrum, Co. Cork.

Lots of emmigrants from both the Co. Limerick and Co. Cork families to Australia and US. Trying to trace US branch.

Thanks.

McGrath Family Search

Michael A. McGrath (View posts)
Posted: 10 Mar 1999 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: McGrath, Magrath, MaGrath, MacRaith, MacCraith
I am searching for as many McGraths, or variations of the name, that I can get a hold of. I am putting together a McGrath family tree to as far back as I can. I have the ancient genealogies back to 1600 B.C., but I am looking for family trees from about 400 A.D. to the present. Since it has been very difficult to locate any information on my family here in the United States, I have opted for coming to you for some assistance. If anyone can help, please contact me at the attached e-mail address. Thank you and may God bless you and keep you in good health.

COLEMAN

Mary Ann Needham (View posts)
Posted: 19 Mar 1999 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: Coleman, Murphy, Laine, Nixon
Trying to trace my roots in Ireland. Maternal grandfather, James Francis Coleman, b.25 April 1884 in Lowell, MA, USA. His parents Catherine (Kate) nee Murphy and Thomas Coleman from Ireland, but don't know county. Could it be County Clare? or Cork? Maternal gr-grandmother, Margaret Nixon from County Longford. Married Andre Laine from Finland in US. Their daughter Ann, b. 9 Oct. 1895 married James F, Coleman 5 June 1917. Both sides settled in NYC and then Long Island, NY. Appreciate any information about these families.

Magraths

Margaret Gray (View posts)
Posted: 12 Jun 1999 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 6 Oct 2006 11:33PM GMT
Trace to Limerick, Lisburn and possibly Clare

McGrath's From Co Clare

Kimberly Wirth (View posts)
Posted: 16 Jun 1999 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 7 Nov 2006 12:10AM GMT
I have McGrath's in Co Clare and would be willing to share my information with you.

Region of Clare, Ireland Query Forum

fjingle (View posts)
Posted: 10 Aug 1999 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 29 Nov 2002 10:35AM GMT
Surnames: Kelly
This is what we know about Kellys from Lissy Casey area.

1 Patrick KELLY d: Abt. 1916 in Ireland

+Catherine COUGHLIN d:1916 in Ireland
...... 2Catherine (Kate) KELLY b:
........+Wiiliam John HOGAN b: in Waterford, Ireland
...... 2Delia KELLY b: d: in NYC?

+Robert DRAKE b: in Ireland d: in NYC?
...... 2Mary KELLY b: d: in CT?
........+James KENNEALLY b: in Ireland?
...... 2Patrick KELLY b: 1884 d: 1935
........+Kate SMITH b:
...... *2nd Wife of Patrick KELLY:
........+Nellie O'CONNOR b: June 12, 1886d: March 17, 1966
...... 2Thomas KELLY b:
........+D. CONNERBRAUIT b:
...... 2Martin KELLY b: January 6, 1882 in Lissy Casey, County Clare, Ireland d: April 9, 1965 in Bronx, NY

+Mary SULLIVAN b: February 28, 1883 in Lehad, County Kerry, Ireland m: April 16, 1911 in New York, New York d: April 16, 1965 in New York, NY
...... 2Michael KELLY b: d: in Austrailia?
...... 2John (Jack) KELLY b:
...... 2James KELLY b:

George McGrath

George MC GRATH (View posts)
Posted: 7 Sep 1999 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 28 Oct 2006 6:02PM GMT
Surnames: McGrath
Looking for George MC GRATH left county Clare abt 1847 for america, settled in I think NYC born abt 1842, had four brothers mothr and father married dec 16 1861 Newburgh NY to Rosemary MC CLEARY my gfather born 1862 ggfather joined Union Army jan 1864 killed july 30 1864. Dont know anything abt his family. trying to find the desenandts of his brothers and sisters.

Would greatly appreciately any help

George

gem1@gateway.net

mcgrath/brady

Djenkins20695 (View posts)
Posted: 28 Nov 1999 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 24 Jul 2006 12:28AM GMT
Surnames: Mcgrath, brady,
I have been searching my roots for Mcgrath and have the same problem. My greatgreat grandmother is Margaret (Maggie) who married Thomas James Brady. One document I have is florences birth and death certificates. They have the names of Thomas Brady on one and James T. on the other. Same as Margarets. One has maggie Mcgrath., the other has margaret Mccarthy. I have to family that knows anything, and the elders have passed on. They had florence (brady) knop my great grandmother, who married Albert Willima Knop Sr. Her brother and sisters from what I know are Pearl , butch (may be a pet name), betty (elizabeth), erma (now humpage) I don't know where the McGraths are originally from in Ireland On florences birth certificate states that she was born 28 July 1887 died in Oct 5, 1973 in the county of New Haven, CT, Her birth record indicates a true copy of the record dated 23rd of february 1940. so It does not have her additional informatin (Thomas died in 1927 and Margaret 1935 in CT Margaret was born in Westport CT in 1860., her parents I do not know and that is where I am having problems with my research. If you find any information or if this information helps you, please let me know my E=Mail as I don't get a chance to get here that often. Thanks in advance.
as my
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com |  Privacy |  Terms and Conditions